Match Thread Chesterfield - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Sep (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
McNulty with a good nutmeg, wins a free kick.

PVA

I really don't see what Vincenti offers apart from height. He's slow, poor first touch, not a great passer, doesn't seem to beat a man.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

This sounds great
giphy.gif

torchomatic

Hopefully, we can repeat the second half performance we had again Shrewsbury. This is dire.

The Penguin

Look I don't wanna be that bloke but this is a game where having a strong lad up front to compete in the air and/or hold the ball up would be useful. They press high, our defenders have no composure or passing range and therefore bang the ball long upfield to two tiny forwards; we lose the ball until we get it back, and the cycle begins anew. I mean yeah Doyle and Kelly are too deep, but when we keep turning the ball over cheaply through aimless lumps upfield is it that much of a surprise?

I am also starting to walk back my early season Vincenti calls. I am less and less convinced every time I see him.

Still, we're not losing....

Nick

Administrator
I can only see us scoring like this with a cheeky mcnulty goal or a screamer from range.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Guess what Eakin is taking about at half time , you guessed it , that Birmingham cricket team .

Users who are viewing this thread