Chelsea (1 Viewer)

Joy Division

Whoever pays the most money

mechaishida

Just seen Mourinho's post-match interview after the Leicester defeat, he looked and sounded defeated. No fire in his belly, no whinging or moaning, just a flat and downcast attitude.

It's against his grain somewhat, but I can see him walking.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I disagree. The top teams have more money and so can still cream off all the better players. The lesser clubs have always beaten the top clubs occasionally. I remember us beating the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool even though we almost always finished near the bottom.
I would say the world's supply of very good players is expanding with players from places like Africa and South America, which makes better players available to the lower level clubs. But the gap still very much exists and the top four or six clubs will probably dominate the Premier League for many years to come. Leicester is an aberration.

The top teams can afford the household name, world class players but everyone else in the league can now afford top class players from Europe. Gap is definitely closing imo, I think it could be below 80 points this year to win the league.

Wouldn't be surprised to see more teams shock like Leicester over the next 10 years, get a good manager in and give him a reasonable budget which is a given now because of the money the premier league brings in and see what you can do.

fernandopartridge

The top teams can afford the household name, world class players but everyone else in the league can now afford top class players from Europe. Gap is definitely closing imo, I think it could be below 80 points this year to win the league.

Wouldn't be surprised to see more teams shock like Leicester over the next 10 years, get a good manager in and give him a reasonable budget which is a given now because of the money the premier league brings in and see what you can do.
The PL teams can all pay very expensive transfer fees. They can't attract the best players mind you. They pay a lot of money for middle of the road players across the board.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The PL teams can all pay very expensive transfer fees. They can't attract the best players mind you. They pay a lot of money for middle of the road players across the board.
Which sort of ties in with my first post where I said no premier league teams can currently compete with the elite european teams in champions league at this time but a lot of premier league clubs could compete with the second or third tier European teams in the competitions.

chiefdave

Chelsea playing like the old Chelsea according to reports online. Fans singing for Jose and booing the players.

Users who are viewing this thread