Cheerio Hughesy (1 Viewer)

Peter Griffin

Stephen Hughes has left the club, after 1 good year and 3 crap! Cheerio son!

www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2008/06/12/stephen-hughes-leaves-coventry-city-92746-21063773/

For those who don't follow links

Stephen Hughes leaves Coventry City
Jun 12 2008 By Andy Turner

STEPHEN HUGHES left Coventry City today.

The former Arsenal and Everton midfielder has left the Ricoh Arena after four years at the club.

The Sky Blues have decided not to renew the 31-year-old 's contract which expires this summer.

The move comes a week after the club clinched the signature of Hibernian midfielder Guillaume Beuzelin on a free transfer.

And Coleman is also keen to sign talented Icelandic defensive midfielder Aron Einar Gunnarsson.

The Sky Blues have had an undisclosed bid for the 19-yearold Iceland international midfielder accepted by his club, Dutch first division outfit AZ Alkmaar.

Hughes joins the long list of departures this summer as Chris Coleman reshapes his squad for a Premier League promotion push next season.

First team players who have already been released include Arjan de Zeeuw, Michael Hughes, Colin Hawkins, Ellery Cairo, Wayne Andrews and academy graduates Stuart Giddings, who has suffered on-going injury problems, Lee Hildreth and Liam Davis.

I for one am glad to see Coleman is identifying the problems in the squad-next year is going to be interesting.

jagman

Could Doyle be on his way next ? We have already signed boozy from Hib's and now chasing the young Icelandic player. It look's like a clear-out of midfield. Ive got a good feeling about next season. (Mind you i said that about last season as well. :oops: )

Peter Griffin

jagman said:
Ive got a good feeling about next season. (Mind you i said that about last season as well. :oops: )

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I say the same thing every year, only for the wife to take the mick come May! Women. :roll:
I don't think Doyle will go anywhere, he seems to be in Coleman's plans, and his injury will put paid to any transfer. It's good to see the Doyle/Hughes midfield partnership is finally finished. It'll be interesting to see how Gunnarsson fits in if he joins.

jagman

After a quiet four or five of week's things seem to be hotting up a bit. As well as Gunnarson Kieran Westwood the goalie from Carlisle seem's to be in the frame. Could this mean the Schmiecal deal is dead ?

Dan

I like the new policy of investing in youth, let’s hope it plays off.

Thanks Hughesy for your contribution…

Ciao

1987ccfc

Will we miss him ..........................nah :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread