Cheer up Sky Blues (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyblueprincess

Ok so you all probably pissed off and upset about Marlon going to Birmingham City,

And up intill now i have sat back and just read the threads posted here about him, and i have to admit i have stopped myself from commenting until now

So i am going to have my say , and to be honest i don't care if you agree with me or not

So stop all ya blah blah blah and just read the facts

Marlon King was convicted of sexual assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm on 29 October 2009, yeah ok he paid for his crime and served his sentence
Like i really care about the fact he served his time , He should have never have been allowed to play football as far as i am concerned, And my reason for saying that is , Footballers like it or lump it are role models for allot of young children,And in my view gives the incentive its ok to commit a crime of this sort, because ya a footballer you can walk out prison and straight into a club, Well im my view it was fundamentally wrong that the sky blue allowed him to play, And the reason my season ticket was NOT brought last season...

So while you were all singing for a man who broke a woman's nose , i stuck to my beliefs and guns and stayed away from the Ricoh

Secondly while serving his sentence Marlon converted to Islam!!
The so-called religion of peace
Where he is free to worship who or what he likes ...in my view its wrong .....Islam is a totalitarian ideology that rejects Democracy, personal freedom, and every other religion.... And i for one do not agree with the views Islam have

Ok so thirdly while he decides to convert to Islam.. He HAS to eat only Halal meat
And im not sure if you are aware is also in my view against animals rights, they kill their animals by this method of slaughtering which consists of a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck, cutting the jugular veins and carotid arteries of both sides but leaving the spinal cord intact.
The animal is not allowed to be stunned , So causing it obvious pain and then death

So i would actually like to Wish Marlon all the best at his new club , Because im GLAD he has gone

Now i can renew my season ticket and get back to enjoying the game

So Good Luck Marlon King good riddens to Bad trash From the sky blue princess

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Blimey Princess! You don't mince your words do you! x
:claping hands:

Nonleagueherewecome

That's what a forum is about though-having your say and your point of view. It's an entirely legit point of view, and one that it has been darn-near impossible to express up until now, so fair play for saying what you think about King Skyblueprincess. At this stage, he kinda deserves all he gets.

I think I did the denial thing about his past and character and stuck my head in the sand-he was signing anyway, he looked like being a key player, everyone deserves a 2nd chance etc. Not supporting him or the team wouldn't change anything. It was easy to think of reasons to avoid finding out the intricate details of his career as a criminal-it would have just depressed me and made me want to dislike our best player.

I guess that was a cowardly approach for someone who felt uneasy, and I did detest the way that a certain element of our support hero worshipped King almost because of the sort of the person he was. I made that point on this and other forums in hope of provoking some debate on that, but no-one ever took me up on the offer. Odd, that. The utter denial that, particularly under Aidy, he was off the leash, a ticking timebomb, and one of the nastier, dirtier players we had-maybe because he was Aidys' man and given free reign? Either way, I was the only person bar my mate sat in our area that, on seeing each of his fouls that led to reds, instantly said "oh dear..he's gonna have to go here". On each occaision the ref got a torrent of abuse that completely exonerated King from any blame. It was pretty uneasy to witness as someone who thought the ref had got it spot on.

Equally it would be pretty lame of me to now suddenly decide I hate him, and try to use his past against him. I cheered his goals along with everyone else, and I wanted him to stay. But now he's gone, I'm glad. I can rest assured that I can support my team without any niggly, guilty reservations-and without hearing the 7 or 8 year old lads that sat near me singing "She Said Yes" and other delightful dities anymore. What sort of attitude to women would they have grown up with, thanks in part to idolising Marlon King?

The Reverend Skyblue

would'nt want to get on the wrong side of you.
As you said your opinion and good on you, i agree on most but not all. Enjoy yourself next season and i bet you can't wait for Birmingham at home.

The Rev

skyblueprincess

would'nt want to get on the wrong side of you.
As you said your opinion and good on you, i agree on most but not all. Enjoy yourself next season and i bet you can't wait for Birmingham at home.

The Rev

Thank you

I dont expect everybody to agree with anything i wrote , its my point of view and i have a right to express my thoughts
So agree or not that's what i did

skyblueprincess

That's what a forum is about though-having your say and your point of view. It's an entirely legit point of view, and one that it has been darn-near impossible to express up until now, so fair play for saying what you think about King Skyblueprincess. At this stage, he kinda deserves all he gets.

I think I did the denial thing about his past and character and stuck my head in the sand-he was signing anyway, he looked like being a key player, everyone deserves a 2nd chance etc. Not supporting him or the team wouldn't change anything. It was easy to think of reasons to avoid finding out the intricate details of his career as a criminal-it would have just depressed me and made me want to dislike our best player.

I guess that was a cowardly approach for someone who felt uneasy, and I did detest the way that a certain element of our support hero worshipped King almost because of the sort of the person he was. I made that point on this and other forums in hope of provoking some debate on that, but no-one ever took me up on the offer. Odd, that. The utter denial that, particularly under Aidy, he was off the leash, a ticking timebomb, and one of the nastier, dirtier players we had-maybe because he was Aidys' man and given free reign? Either way, I was the only person bar my mate sat in our area that, on seeing each of his fouls that led to reds, instantly said "oh dear..he's gonna have to go here". On each occaision the ref got a torrent of abuse that completely exonerated King from any blame. It was pretty uneasy to witness as someone who thought the ref had got it spot on.

Equally it would be pretty lame of me to now suddenly decide I hate him, and try to use his past against him. I cheered his goals along with everyone else, and I wanted him to stay. But now he's gone, I'm glad. I can rest assured that I can support my team without any niggly, guilty reservations-and without hearing the 7 or 8 year old lads that sat near me singing "She Said Yes" and other delightful dities anymore. What sort of attitude to women would they have grown up with, thanks in part to idolising Marlon King?

I was one of the people that said i wouldn't go watch him play for city , But unlike the glory supported , who cheered him while he was scoring but slagged him when he first signed i stuck to my word
I went only to one game last season and that was the last home game of the season , And i only went to that because we were celebrating a friends birthday

covcity4life

racist threads dont get closed on here?

ja606 here i come.

so chav slut,your saying no muslim players are welcome at city? you hated hadji and chippo too?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Hello Anne :)

Sorry for a second then i thought Anne Lucus had decided to join SBT :)

Then I seen that you didnt have a season ticket so that put a spanner in my theory :)

I accept you opinion, and your entitled to share it if you so wish. I do however think the 'Islam' part was more bollocks being made up by the press, but i may be wrong.

Saying he shouldnt have been allowed to return i dispute. Previous criminals have been allowed out and back into football. Lee Hughes (oh how i cringe when i reluctantly use his name) is a murderer, and was on drugs at the time of his crime, and was welcomed back into the game. I would imagine it would be hypocritical for all clubs to not want to sign someone who had been commited of ABH, which is a lot lesser crime (although i dont condone his behaviour) than murder!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Ok well I disagree
I don't care what religion or race or any other personal views a player has whilst a player is playing for Coventry City
Also on the first point like it or not King's profession is a footballer, it is how he makes a living.
Are you saying that every one who is released from prison should never be allowed to work again?
You said you stayed away from the Ricoh because King was playing so basically
Your hate for King > Your love for the club
King was no reason to stay away I am sure if you go back next year you will be surrounded by 1000's of people who have done worse things than King. You support the club not the players, just because people went to the games still and cheered when he scored does not mean they like the person.
If more people took your route half the football grounds around the country would be empty

EDIT: Also we signed King in late September, the season started in mid August and if you would have had a season ticket it would probably have been a month or 2 before so how the hell was King's signing a reason to not buy a season ticket?

Last edited:

Chipfat

Why are we talking about KING.,,, Lets look forward instead of talking about the rights and wrongs of what the club and King did. He has divided opinion more than any other player in the clubs history, So what religion he was or should he be playing doesnt matter, because now its someone elses problem and debate..

All please move on!!!! because if we spent this much passion about following the club instead of trying to blame, slag off and generally be negative about all we would be the best team in the country....

SBP, I think you need to read up on Halal slaughtering in the U.K. The animals are killed instantly and blessed, it is not a prolonged process.

On the whole I may not agree totally with your views, but I respect them and have alot of respect for your staying away from the Ricoh for a whole season out of principle.

BUT why wern't you there at the start before MK arrived though???? If you'd have wanted to buy a season ticket before the season started you wouldn't have known about him coming???

Regis87

Fuck me I bet the cows are well chuffed to be blessed before they have their throats cut . No way is this a better way of killing than a bolt to the head .

covcity4life

Fuck me I bet the cows are well chuffed to be blessed before they have their throats cut . No way is this a better way of killing than a bolt to the head .

im not denying that,but are we saying all islamic people are evil and shouldnt play for coventry???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

quite let down by some cov fans here

Covstu

Fuck me, this thread has turned nasty!! religion has no place in footbal, scotland have proved that. I dont care if he is muslim, islamic, jedi or whatever, he shat on our club that gace him a chance when noone else would and thats what i will remember about our marlon.

skyblueprincess

racist threads dont get closed on here?

ja606 here i come.

so chav slut,your saying no muslim players are welcome at city? you hated hadji and chippo too?

Firstly im not a chav , Nor am i a slut , and as for being racist , Its not racist to have a point of view

I did not say NO Muslim players are welcome at city , Show me in my post where it said that !!!

I said i would not watch Marlon King play football, If he was a muslim player that had not been convicted of a sexual crime , then yes i would have watched him, But i wont pay my hard earned money to watch a convicted sex offender

And my views on halal meat are simply because of the way the animal is killed

skyblueprincess

SBP, I think you need to read up on Halal slaughtering in the U.K. The animals are killed instantly and blessed, it is not a prolonged process.

On the whole I may not agree totally with your views, but I respect them and have alot of respect for your staying away from the Ricoh for a whole season out of principle.

BUT why wern't you there at the start before MK arrived though???? If you'd have wanted to buy a season ticket before the season started you wouldn't have known about him coming???

No i didn't know about him coming ,And had not renewed my ticket straight away after the season before because of personal reasons, And had intended too renew as soon as i could once had gotten over the personal reason !!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can't see why religion needed to be brought into it really Princess. There are some fabulous Muslims around, (I had 3 great muslim friends before I left Coventry and still keep in touch with them.) Also, I know many Catholics, Protestants, a couple of Sikhs and one Buddhist. Every one of them I class as a close friend and none of them harp on about their teachings simply because they all know where I stand on religion. I am a total atheist, but have the utmost respect for other peoples beliefs.
I was brought up a Roman Catholic in a convent, by the strictest nuns ever, during the 1950's - 1960's, so have every reason to despise religion. But as I said, I still respect others feelings and think that every one on here should do the same. It is after all, a football forum. Leave religion where it belongs - in the heart of the believer.

covcity4life

dont be so silly

you call islam the "so called religion of peace" and yet you dont have a problem with muslims?

al muslims eat halal so you must have a problem with all muslims?

you are a chav and a dumb one at that

skyblueprincess

dont be so silly

you call islam the "so called religion of peace" and yet you dont have a problem with muslims?

al muslims eat halal so you must have a problem with all muslims?

you are a chav and a dumb one at that

No i dont have a problem with all Muslims , I have a problem with the extremist side of the Islamic religion
And as i have said i have a problem with the way animals are killed,

And for the second time , i would like to point out im not a chav ..

Ernie Machin

What the hell does animal welfare have to do with CCFC? Shall we go after DA JOOS as well, that kosher stuff just ain't er...kosher.

Really weak argument, love. Marlon is gone, move on.

Regis87

The original post was not racist but just stating facts . Why are people trying to start arguments and posting personal insults ?. i.e covcity4life

Nick

Administrator
Going to close this thread.

It has been taken out of context a fair bit and has got a bit silly with claims of racism etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread