Cheap new kit (1 Viewer)

hill83

Find out how many other teams, including premier league teams, have a generic kit then get back to me.

McLovin87

The worrying thing is that the shirt style is described as Division II, bit of a bad omen!

Hadji's_Goatee

Agree with you Glen. There is generic, then there is off the peg Sunday league generic. Many teams have a template kit but they change the colours at least to match the club brand.

It's hard to justify paying £30 on top off this generic £15 peg price for a stuck on sponsor and club badge!

chiefdave

Anyone would think they'd changed to red and white or something! It was always going to be a template kit. It's fine, if you don't like it don't buy it. We've got bigger things to worry about like not having players to wear the kit when we no longer have an academy.

Absolutely ridiculous. Can't afford our own kit. Coventry United fans will be laughing their heads off. #PlayUpSkyWhites

mi1o

Look how many of the new international kits made by Nike are just a template with different colour changes.

http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/pw/mens-kits-jerseys/7puZoeo?ipp=120

Its basically the same for England, Portugal, France, USA etc.

Don't just act offended because we are another team with a template, it doesnt make us any different from other teams. They haven't just half arsed it because "we are a generic crap team".

Hadji's_Goatee

Look how many of the new international kits made by Nike are just a template with different colour changes.

http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/pw/mens-kits-jerseys/7puZoeo?ipp=120

Its basically the same for England, Portugal, France, USA etc.

Don't just act offended because we are another team with a template, it doesnt make us any different from other teams. They haven't just half arsed it because "we are a generic crap team".
You're talking tripe man. England, Portugal, France etc are sponsored by Nike this getting the full Nike design treatment I.e fully bespoke colours.

We on the other hand have a deal with Just Sports who just have a licence to distribute Nike kits with very limited options.

I don't admire how the club have sold out on the heritage to maximise their profit on the shirt sales by choosing what is a straight out the Nike Team wear catalogue.

mi1o

You're talking tripe man. England, Portugal, France etc are sponsored by Nike this getting the full Nike design treatment I.e fully bespoke colours.

We on the other hand have a deal with Just Sports who just have a licence to distribute Nike kits with very limited options.

I don't admire how the club have sold out on the heritage to maximise their profit on the shirt sales by choosing what is a straight out the Nike Team wear catalogue.
How are they getting the full design treatment if it's just one template with different colours?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hadji's_Goatee

That is the fully bespoke sponsored option. Do you think Nike or any other manufacturer are going to create a new pattern for every team - no.

It's not about a pattern or template it's about choice and a design process which we never had because the club chose the ultra cheap pattern. They didn't have to mind you. Bradford had bespoke colours for their design last year, why can't we? I'm sure veryone would agree the kit would look better with the colours inverted/swapped around.

ajsccfc

I fear the day when Glen discovers we've been relegated from the Premier League which will show just how far we've fallen wah wah wah

Great_Expectations

Absolute disgrace. I am sure there were numerous global sports manufacturers battling for the rights to provide a bespoke kit for a League One team that hasn't finished in the top six for decades and is surrounded by controversy.

chiefdave

A lot of the kits for the Euro's, including England's Nike kit, are template kits. Do we really think they're going to bother with a bespoke one for us if they can't be bothered to do one for the national side?

ccfc92

CJ_covblaze

Like others have said what's more important is who's in it. With all due respect to the three youngsters in the promo (Andy Rose exempt obviously) it says a lot about our current position. More players to come no doubt though. As it's an off the peg design which isn't exactly uncommon in League One why couldn't the club ask the fans to choose? Quote your name and supporter number to prevent any votes from any of those pesky Leicester fans! Remember the unfortunate "Forever Foxes" design we all voted for a few years ago?

Johnnythespider

ccfc92

So 50+ hours per week just to pay the rent ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

No, one weeks work nearly covers your rent for the month.

Average rent in the UK is £899, so about 2+ weeks average wage?

Edit: Sorry, think I misread your post :)

italiahorse

Yes, because he was posting last season about buying the fake kit and refusing to give CCFC money. Then moans about investment.
I don't mind buying at full price but it looks a mess with the adverts just stuck on front and back.
Should be an option to get shirts without.

Users who are viewing this thread