Transfer Rumour Charlie Cresswell (1 Viewer)

JimmyHillsbeard

Football League World ( I know, I know) is reporting that he had agreed a permanent move from Leeds to us in January but changed his mind at the last minute. Stayed at Millwall on loan and was embarrassed by Vik turning him inside out for the goal on Tuesday.

slowpoke

Football League World ( I know, I know) is reporting that he had agreed a permanent move from Leeds to us in January but changed his mind at the last minute. Stayed at Millwall on loan and was embarrassed by Vik turning him inside out for the goal on Tuesday.
From what I recall I thought he was okay but Vik is different gravy, as he found out he certainly knows how to wrestle.
Millwall have a very good defensive record since xmas, one for the summer ??

Bertola

Bodes well for our summer warchest if true... Would be worth a couple of million wouldn't he??
The rumour, when Alan Nixon linked us with him, was £4m. Surely we’ve not got that much to set pend on a centre half.

could potentially be a part of a Vik deal?

TomS91

Watched him quite carefully and thought by and large he handled Gyok quite well. Gyok was having the sort of night where no Championship defenders could've stopped him 100% of the time.

Would be keen to have him if we've got cash to spend.

Terry_dactyl

Watched him quite carefully and thought by and large he handled Gyok quite well. Gyok was having the sort of night where no Championship defenders could've stopped him 100% of the time.

Looked useful from set pieces too. Possibly should’ve scored.

slowpoke

Is he a free agent ? It’s said we had agreed a permanent deal so at the very least a deal with Leeds had been reached.

rexo87

Wasn't great on Saturday but won't have to play against players like Vik very often. I would also take FLW with a pinch of salt

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PVA

Would have left us with a lot of CBs for the rest of the season

Fadz
Mcnally
Doyle
Rose
Panzo
Cresswell

Maybe we'd have sent Panzo back if it went through (if we have the option to terminate the loan)

slowpoke

Doubt we would have signed McNally had we got this Cresswell chap.
Don’t think he was that bad Tuesday but marking Vik is about as tough as it gets, not saying we should sign him though.

baldy

Wasn't great on Saturday but won't have to play against players like Vik very often. I would also take FLW with a pinch of salt

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Blimey - Vik played against Millwall on Saturday as well as Tuesday? Cresswell can’t say he wasn’t prepared then

Fergusons_Beard

Apparently he said that in the reverse fixture he had Gyo in his pocket and the Millwall coms team said he was confident of another shut out in last game too.

Delighted that Gyo made him look like a fool for that goal. Although like others have said he played pretty well and he’d be a real asset if we bought him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JimmyHillsbeard

Apparently he said that in the reverse fixture he had Gyo in his pocket and the Millwall coms team said he was confident of another shut out in last game too.

Delighted that Gyo made him look like a fool for that goal. Although like others have said he played pretty well and he’d be a real asset if we bought him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He’s clearly not lacking in confidence as he apparently turned us down as he believes he’ll be in the Leeds starting XI next season now Marsch has been sacked. Although it might be a moot point which division they are in.

fatso

With better finishing Vik would of had a hat-trick, Vik was faster, stronger, and more mobile. I wasn't overly impressed by Cresswell tbh.
I'd sooner try and retain our loans as they would be cheaper and are showing good signs of progress. (Apart from Panzo who seems to be going backwards)

slowpoke

With better finishing Vik would of had a hat-trick, Vik was faster, stronger, and more mobile. I wasn't overly impressed by Cresswell tbh.
I'd sooner try and retain our loans as they would be cheaper and are showing good signs of progress. (Apart from Panzo who seems to be going backwards)
I’m going to stick up for Panzo he has been very good a lot of the times but yes there’s been a drop in form lately, think he has missed the experienced McFadzean and might have been carrying a bit of an injury, wouldn’t spend too much money on him but if affordable I’d take him, don’t think Doyle will be an option.

Last edited:

alexccfc99

Might be one that will have got away with Leeds changing manager and possibly a Championship side next season

CCFCSteve

I’m going to stick up for Panzo he has been very good a lot of the times but yes there’s been a drop in form lately, think he has missed the experienced McFadzean and might have been carrying a bit of an injury, would spend too much money on him but if cheap I’d take him, don’t think Foyle will be an option.

Agree with this. Panzo looked good for a few games before Fadz injury. Wheels came off after but you could say that for everyone defensively/Wilson

Two games since his return we’ve just looked a lot more solid and organised

shmmeee

Agree with this. Panzo looked good for a few games before Fadz injury. Wheels came off after but you could say that for everyone defensively/Wilson

Two games since his return we’ve just looked a lot more solid and organised

First two minutes of the first game aside. 😬

Users who are viewing this thread