Transfer Rumour Charlie Colkett (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

What does it say?

Östersunds FK Charlie Colkett took a timeout / leave (for personal reasons) from games in Östersunds FK from the Christmas break and is still in England.

Now Östersunds FK announces that he is training with Coventry City FC
Whether Charlie will return to Östersund is unclear, there are many indications that he will be sold in the summer window.

There would be no bang if a transfer to Coventry City FC is presented later this summer, but that is just speculation.

In any case, it is good news that he is feeling well and that he has resumed football training with a good club.

Coventry, who play in the Championship, defeated Stoke 3-2 yesterday and are currently in 16th place (actually shared 15th place depending on how you count).

Fergusons_Beard

Surprised none of the sharp fuckers on here haven’t latched onto the ‘There will be no bang...” translation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Saddlebrains

Shite

From the same ilk as Josh Mceachran etc from Chelsea, where they were bigged up as youngsters but then gone on to achieve fuck all since.

Better targets to spend our budget on

Saddlebrains

Have you seen him play?

Only highlights from games at Swindon and Brizzle rovers when he was on loan, plus social media at the time he wasn't exactly being basked in positive comments from supporters of them sides.

And as i say, has gone on to achieve the square root of fuck all since. We have budget constraints yes, but can be spent better than on him

procdoc

Only highlights from games at Swindon and Brizzle rovers when he was on loan, plus social media at the time he wasn't exactly being basked in positive comments from supporters of them sides.

And as i say, has gone on to achieve the square root of fuck all since. We have budget constraints yes, but can be spent better than on him
Maybe he’s grown up a bit having gone to play overseas. I imagine Viveash knows him well. We might not sign him anyway
He was also still a teenager when he joined Bristol Rovers on loan. I would t necessarily write him off on a spell 5 years ago

Ccfcisparks

Maybe he’s grown up a bit having gone to play overseas. I imagine Viveash knows him well. We might not sign him anyway
He was also still a teenager when he joined Bristol Rovers on loan. I would t necessarily write him off on a spell 5 years ago
Blair Turgott scored a hattrick for Osterunds last week, would you have him back? This has Zain Westbrooke written all over it. Forget that hes played in the Europa league, he has no quality.

better days

Think Better Days mentioned this when he was talking about the Irish lad who trialled.
I heard this lad was training with us a while back. Didn't actually name him, just said he was an ex Chelsea lad who'd been playing in Europe with Ravel Morrison
Don't know if it will go anywhere
I'm sure MR and Viveash will have had a good look at him in the extended period he's been here

Ccfcisparks

I heard this lad was training with us a while back. Didn't actually name him, just said he was an ex Chelsea lad who'd been playing in Europe with Ravel Morrison
Don't know if it will go anywhere
I'm sure MR and Viveash will have had a good look at him in the extended period he's been here
You didn't mention a name better days, but I'm that sad I went and had a look to see who it could be ;)

Walsgrave

Sounds similar to Charlie Wakefield. Chelsea have a huge squad of players who are good at youth team level and an entire squad of loanees (they even employ Paulo Ferreira as their 'loan coordinator'), leaving players who were talented at youth level to not really progress in the adult game.

procdoc

Sounds similar to Charlie Wakefield. Chelsea have a huge squad of players who are good at youth team level and an entire squad of loanees (they even employ Paulo Ferreira as their 'loan coordinator'), leaving players who were talented at youth level to not really progress in the adult game.
Think they have something like 30 players out on loan

better days

I have heard on the grapevine that some of their youth players look back when they're older and regret wasting their early years at Chelsea
Most clubs have only 1 or 2 in each age group who they think have a chance of making it and they are given first team opportunities early on at 17 or so
Chelsea hoover up so many talented boys that their youth sides are packed with kids who would get a chance elsewhere
But at Chelsea the owner is only interested in short termism and would rather buy other club's youngsters than give one of their own an extended run
It changed briefly under Lampard so two or three forced their way in but that's over now
There are loads of examples of young players ditched by Chelsea who thrived if they got out early enough. Declan Rice for example
It could be that Colkett is a Charlie Wakefield
But he might also be a Dujon Sterling
Time will tell

Walsgrave

Think they have something like 30 players out on loan

Just had a look on the loan players page of their website - 33 - bigger than their actual first team squad :oops: Madness

I have heard on the grapevine that some of their youth players look back when they're older and regret wasting their early years at Chelsea
Most clubs have only 1 or 2 in each age group who they think have a chance of making it and they are given first team opportunities early on at 17 or so
Chelsea hoover up so many talented boys that their youth sides are packed with kids who would get a chance elsewhere
But at Chelsea the owner is only interested in short termism and would rather buy other club's youngsters than give one of their own an extended run
It changed briefly under Lampard so two or three forced their way in but that's over now
There are loads of examples of young players ditched by Chelsea who thrived if they got out early enough. Declan Rice for example
Time will tell

With the money they offer these players to feature in their youth team/under 23s squads, there's plenty of players who as you say would get a look in elsewhere/England youth team level and whom, with a bit of lower league first team experience, could become really good players. But they just rot away playing in the youth team/under 23s. The club find it profitable because for every 10 or Charlie Wakefields, there is a Mason Mount, but I guess that is also subject to the managers giving them a chance. Prior to Lampard's managerial reign, John Terry was probably the only world class international to emerge from their youth system - which is scary when thinking about all of the FA Youth Cups they manage to win.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Time will tell

This is my problem with the entire system. Big clubs hoover up young talent and it doesn't filter through. We'd have a much more competitive league throughout the pyramid and higher quality if these kids weren't just being kept in reserve at these clubs. Think it does more of them harm than good because they don't play enough competitive football at a young age so when they do get released they're just not ready to play men's football. Fact they can make a profit on them just from loans and then sell then for extortionate fees just because of the club they're at or possibly get an exceptional talent where someone else has taken all the risk and sanded the raw edges off is practically criminal.

Limits of 40 players on pro contracts. If you want to bring someone in you have to release another and fully pay up their contract. This shit has to stop.

skyblue025

It all forms part of the budget. They get big loan fees for these players and it funds more youth team players being bought in. Some Championship clubs are paying a couple of million loan fees and then wages on top. A lot of these youngsters 1st contract is the best contract they will get in their career.

Users who are viewing this thread