Charles-Cook (1 Viewer)

stupot07

He should have done better with their second, got a hand to it and it went in the middle.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

steve82

Being unfortunate enough to blow over £200 on this day trip to the coast I got to see this game... My thoughts. Not so sure how we can single out RCC to be at fault for this loss? He made as many mistakes as the rest of the playing squad to contribute to this loss.
The whole side were very poor, the first goal cannot really put at his door, if we were to blame anyone it's marvin Sordell and possibly Turnbull for being on the edge of the box asking for a one/two... the seconds I do feel he should of done better, did it skid of a very wet greasy pitch.. Maybe, i felt he should of delt with that at the time and on just seeing the replay now. The pitch was greasy all game so not unexpected. Yesterday was not one of his better games and made a few rash decisions but survived those we did.
I believe he was not solely responsible for the loss yesterday, just another player part of the lack lustre performance.

Grendel

Letsallsingtogether stood on the hill so knows better than you

The amusing thing is he criticises me and others if we "slag of the lads" yet RCC seems to be fair game to him.

PVA

No one is denying that the whole team played poorly or saying that RCC was solely responsible for the loss.

But he is continually making big errors that result directly in a goal. There is (rightly) a lot being made of the lack of goals in the team but seemingly no mention of errors by RCC. We absolutely need more goals but we're not going to get many results with him chucking one in his own net every other week.

It's odd that Sordell, K. Thomas and others are written off by fans after 10 mins of a pre season friendly but no one makes any comment about RCC.

I dread to think how much abuse Burge would get if he did what RCC did yesterday.

steve82

No one is denying that the whole team played poorly or saying that RCC was solely responsible for the loss.

But he is continually making big errors that result directly in a goal. There is (rightly) a lot being made of the lack of goals in the team but seemingly no mention of errors by RCC. We absolutely need more goals but we're not going to get many results with him chucking one in his own net every other week.

It's odd that Sordell, K. Thomas and others are written off by fans after 10 mins of a pre season friendly but no one makes any comment about RCC.

I dread to think how much abuse Burge would get if he did what RCC did yesterday.

I see your points but he's not exactly made many errors that have cost is the points this season. I'd go as far as saying he's saved us the 3 pts were currently on.
Could argue he may be liable for not keeping the Swindon goal out, saved us clean sheets v Shrewsbury, bury and Northampton. Bradford was already a loss from 2 pens and a worldie.
Yesterday was a 2-0 loss from poor team work, the second goal I agree he should be stopping. So the big errors ain't there in the goal count this season....
It's our lack of goals that's the issue in my book.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No one wants Burge in goal so give it up mate, he's not perfect but we're 3 points better off than we would have been if Burge was our number 1.

skybluedan

We could of done with a bit of experience to challenge rcc, he's not the best pulls off a camera save now and again
But Imo neither are good enough but he's the best we have so nothing we can do

PVA

No one wants Burge in goal so give it up mate, he's not perfect but we're 3 points better off than we would have been if Burge was our number 1.

I'm not saying Burge is the answer and I'm not saying he's better than RCC.

But let's remember that Burge started last season as number 1 so TM and Oggy obviously saw enough in him to pick him over RCC.

Burge played ok in the first few games of last season (and made less mistakes than RCC has in the first games of this season).

He wasn't dropped, he got injured and RCC came in and then rightly kept the shirt.

But the fact is RCC is making too many mistakes and I don't see why nobody is allowed to criticise him.

If a striker missed 3 open goals in 5 or 6 games he'd be dropped.

steve82

But let's remember that Burge started last season as number 1 so TM and Oggy obviously saw enough in him to pick him over RCC.

Burge played ok in the first few games of last season (and made less mistakes than RCC has in the first games of this season).

He wasn't dropped, he got injured and RCC came in and then rightly kept the shirt.

But the fact is RCC is making too many mistakes and I don't see why nobody is allowed to criticise him.

You say RCC is making too many mistakes? This season I can only think of 2 or 3.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Burge was number 1 then because he was older and more experienced at the time, only reason. Its no surprise Mowbray dumped him at the earliest opportunity.

You make it sound like RCC lets the ball roll through his legs every other game, he could have done better with the goals against Swindon and Fleetwood thats it. They weren't howlers but he could have done better with both of them shots, would Burge have done better with them? Highly doubtful, he's the keeper that doesn't make saves. We'd have also lost the matches against Bury, Portsmouth and Northampton where RCC kept us in them matches late on with some great pieces of goalkeeping.

ccfchoi87

He made a fantastic save against Portsmouth to win us that game. A fantastic save against Shrewsbury to get us a point. Could harshly put the Swindon goal down to him and fleetwoods second but for me he's as good a Keeper as you'll get and he's only going to get better. I think he commands his area as good as any keeper we've had recently and He's hardly making shocking blunders every week. He is by far the least of our worries.

steve82

Well yes exactly.

2 or 3 mistakes that lead to goals in 5 or 6 games is too much.

I think that's harsh, in terms of dropped points you could only look at the Swindon game. Any other errors he's made have not lead to goals conceded or dropped points just a minor error in judgement that Jordan Willis has made too, we could go through the playing staff and say the same. That's why there league one players. There not up to the higher level or consistent in performances

Gazolba

You lot are unbelievable, hes a great talent, one of the best pair of hands I have seen, EVERYBODY makes mistake, get behind the lad, not his fault the club is rotten to the core!

He may have a good pair of hands but goal-keeping involves a lot more than just hands.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Wasn't it a cold, rather than injury?

Only time I've ever been so happy to see someone crying over a cold was when he got one and it meant RCC was coming in :D

letsallsingtogether

The amusing thing is he criticises me and others if we "slag of the lads" yet RCC seems to be fair game to him.
But you slag off all our players there is a difference.
Thought he was awful yesterday not our worst player but just feel we could do with a better player between the sticks.
I was making a call on what I saw yesterday.
McCann was by far the worst player yesterday but hey I will give him a chance.
Bigi was motm but hey will also give him a chance.
RCC scares me you know he will make a couple of mistakes and bad decisions, yes he is the best we have at the club but is that good enough?

steve82

Wasn't it a cold, rather than injury?

Only time I've ever been so happy to see someone crying over a cold was when he got one and it meant RCC was coming in :D

I didn't want to highlight that small issue...

Evo1883

I agree , i always worry he is going to mess up , and that means he isn't a good keeper , that means he is a liability

Nick

Administrator
Who was that goalie who used to put the ball down and take everybody on to the half way line?

steve82

Some skills he had too, took a great pen and free kick!!
Anyone want to see some horrendous keeping look no further than man city's Claudio Bravo first half performance today in the Manchester derby. Joe hart must be laughing sat in Italy, and they paid nearly 14m for him.

ccfcway

We are a point off bottom of the table a goal difference of -5 he's doing a great job let king oggy alone

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

same goals conceded as same time last season. So what your saying is its the goalkeeping coaches fault we aren't scoring enough ?

higgs

same goals conceded as same time last season. So what your saying is its the goalkeeping coaches fault we aren't scoring enough ?
Ya because he is training the goalkeepers so good that they are saving everything in training and it's affecting our strikers confidence and that's why we aren't scoring

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Some skills he had too, took a great pen and free kick!!
Anyone want to see some horrendous keeping look no further than man city's Claudio Bravo first half performance today in the Manchester derby. Joe hart must be laughing sat in Italy, and they paid nearly 14m for him.

He had a mare! Cheered when he took out Rooney though ;)

steveo1987

I doubt if we will ever know what went on in a conversation between Vince and Mowbury? when players go that quick without any rumors circulating prior usually means the manager got upset about something he did/said and threw his toys out of the pram

Old fashioned cash??

Grendel

I think it's some kind of joke.

Users who are viewing this thread