Chaplin Disallowed Goal (1 Viewer)

capel & collindridge

If you take a screenshot from the match and put a line across. about a 5th of his head is offside. So very very tight and you would not have seen it with a naked eye. Linesman should have given benefit to striker.
The line you've drawn across is not at 90 degrees to the touchlines. If it were, it would also be equidistant from the edge of the penalty box and the goal line. And isn't offside based on where your feet are, not your head? Have to admit, I haven't read the rules in the past 50 years, so they may have changed!

Btw. Put the line in correct place and it show Chaplin is just 0.75 inches offside. :-(

jordan210

The line you've drawn across is not at 90 degrees to the touchlines. If it were, it would also be equidistant from the edge of the penalty box and the goal line. And isn't offside based on where your feet are, not your head? Have to admit, I haven't read the rules in the past 50 years, so they may have changed!

Because of the angle of the camera. the angles don't match up. the same lines go completely off. So I guess watching from that angle you cant make off side calls!

I believe off side is done on a playable part of your body. feet, head and so on. So lower arms cant be offside.

Adge

You must have played professional football then Adge if those who haven’t refereed before can’t comment on an officials peformance?
Anyone can comment on what they like-doesn’t mean they’re right.

Sky Blue Pete

Offside is one of the laws of association football, codified in Law 11 of the Laws of the Game. The law states that a player is in an offside position if any of their body parts, except the hands and arms, are in the opponents' half of the pitch, and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent (the last opponent is usually, but not necessarily, the goalkeeper).[1]

Otis

Surprised penises count.

Let's hope none of our strikers get too excited in these close call scenarios in future matches.

Could be the difference between a goal and an embarrassing offside.

Warwickhunt

Surprised penises count.

Let's hope none of our strikers get too excited in these close call scenarios in future matches.

Could be the difference between a goal and an embarrassing offside.
did we not have a centre forward who was caught offside alot LOL!!

shmmeee

Because of the angle of the camera. the angles don't match up. the same lines go completely off. So I guess watching from that angle you cant make off side calls!

I believe off side is done on a playable part of your body. feet, head and so on. So lower arms cant be offside.

No. Just no. The line should be parallel to the goal line no matter the angle of the camera. The translation of all lines in the viewport is the same regardless.

Otis

In a similar vein, I am not at all a fan of the Sun newspaper, but have to say they do on occasion have some great headlines.

Apparently Sara Cox and Zoe Ball were front runners for Chris Evans' vacant radio slot and Zoe Ball pipped Sarah Cox to land the position .

Sun's headline therefore was 'Ball's in, Cox Out'.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Maybe, but I also believe Julian Dicks and Simon Cox used to get caught out all the time for their clubs.
I think Willie Carr had the same problem!

jordan210

No. Just no. The line should be parallel to the goal line no matter the angle of the camera. The translation of all lines in the viewport is the same regardless.

Goal line you can make parallel. 6 yard box and penalty areas don't match up

skybluesam66

I dont thinK David Goodwillie did thoug
Goal line you can make parallel. 6 yard box and penalty areas don't match up
correct - due to the perspective of the angle, the line would not be parallel to any of the other lines
All lines converge to one point when viewed at that angle

Taking that perspective, he is comfortably onside

Amcoventry

So we WON. BBC says 15 Barnsley fouls against 4 by us and all people can do is moan about the officials. Get over it! And Nick you were commenting on he size of them and being negative before or just after the start of the game. Get over your fixation on the officials. Negative comments every bloody game, have you ever made a positive comment about them?

We won!!

Nick

Administrator
So we WON. BBC says 15 Barnsley fouls against 4 by us and all people can do is moan about the officials. Get over it! And Nick you were commenting on he size of them and being negative before or just after the start of the game. Get over your fixation on the officials. Negative comments every bloody game, have you ever made a positive comment about them?

We won!!

Yep I made negative comments saying they looked unfit and overweight.

1 lino couldn't keep up with the game, 1 lino went off injured.

It isn't a fixation, it's an observation. If we had lost it wouldn't have changed that. I said it before the game even kicked off.

Last edited:

Otis

Yep I made negative comments saying they looked unfit and overweight.

1 lino couldn't keep up with the game, 1 lino went off injured.

It isn't a fixation, it's an observation. If we had lost it wouldn't have changed that. I said it before the game even kicked off.
Which kind of proves you had a point doesn't it?

shmmeee

I dont thinK David Goodwillie did thoug

correct - due to the perspective of the angle, the line would not be parallel to any of the other lines
All lines converge to one point when viewed at that angle

Taking that perspective, he is comfortably onside

Oh yeah.

This is probably why I failed 3D Graphics at Uni...

Users who are viewing this thread