Chants of old...And new (1 Viewer)

Tommo1993

Post a favourite. One of my favourites is ‘Lily the Pink’ which I don’t hear a lot. Mostly in a pub pre match.

the rumpo kid

Bertie mee said to bill shankley
Have you heard of the north bank Highbury
Shank said no I don't think so , but I've heard of the west end aggro!

Adge

Don’t hear this much more either-
“Coventry Coventry Coventry-Coventry Coventry Coventry-Coventry Coventry Coventry-Coventry, COVENTRY!

Repeat at will.

Legia Sky Blue

'Your gonna get your fucking head kicked in' - There was a great article written in the West Ender fanzine commenting on a League Cup game at Grimsby when the local nutters were out in force looking to take us on, and the article started with the line, 'We knew we were in trouble when the family stand started singing your gonna get your fucking head kicked in.'

A lighter one was 'Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na Sky Blues', sung ad nauseum to the tune of Hey Jude. Some games it did go on for a seriously long time.

Johhny Blue

'Your gonna get your fucking head kicked in' - There was a great article written in the West Ender fanzine commenting on a League Cup game at Grimsby when the local nutters were out in force looking to take us on, and the article started with the line, 'We knew we were in trouble when the family stand started singing your gonna get your fucking head kicked in.'

A lighter one was 'Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na Sky Blues', sung ad nauseum to the tune of Hey Jude. Some games it did go on for a seriously long time.
I think you're missing a "Na"

Terry Gibson's perm

Who’s the bastard on the black.

whaaaaaaaa you shit agh the opposing goalie in goal kicks

I remember going to Blackburn when they had money and our fans singing we hope jack walker dies

Macca1987

Who's the wanker in the hat, sang at Shrewsbury a few years ago, home stand next to us had two guys all alone in a block of about 20 rows, the crowd ripped into one who had a floppy hat on, much amusement had, he then decided to turn up at the pub after the game which was full of City fans, cops ended up closing the whole place down, got photos outside with Mickey Gynn, so good day all round

no_loyalty

Build a bonfire,
Build a bonfire,
Put the Villa on the top,
With the Leicester in the middle,
And we'll burn the fucking lot.

covboy1987

'C-mon have a go if you think your hard enough'
' In our Coventry homes, we speak with an accent exceedingly rare you want a cathedral we got one to spare'
'city till i die'
'tip toe through the west end'
'you are my city'
''pride of the midlands

OffenhamSkyBlue

If i had the wings of an eagle
And the arse of a fucking great crow
I'd fly over Birmingham city
And shit on the Villa below ...

But the "Save all your bottles for me, bye-bye Leicester, bye-bye ..." was my favourite from the 80s

Oh, and "Clean the fence, clean the fence, clean the fence ..." as it got near the end of the last game of the season and we knew we were staying up (1984 v Norwich??), prelude to a massive pitch invasion - and all the kiddies in the West End would climb up and get the crap off the top of the overhang with copies of the Telegraph!

Users who are viewing this thread