Changes (1 Viewer)

FRY-CCFC

It is good to see that Pressley has a clear idea of what he wants to do with this football club, and getting rid of these players shows that he is trying to implement his tactics, system and philosophy.

One of the most obvious reasons for telling these players that they can leave is to free up wages, however the more prominent reasons will have been based on the tactics Pressley believes in.

Cody McDonald: A player who cannot operate as a loan front man and so won't fit into Pressley's system

Steven Jennings: An industrious worker but nevertheless his range of passing is limited and Pressley needs players who are comfortable on the ball which he is not

Jordan Clarke: An enigma of a player, he possesses a beautiful first touch but after that I have seen nothing to suggest he will progress any further

The Edge: A cult hero last season, but again Pressley needs a centre back who can collect the ball from goal kicks and continuously start attacks from the back. The Edge is a battler but his technique isn't all that

Dunn, Malaga, Macca, Bell are either crap, cant speak english, slow or injury prone sometimes all four things at once. This is a positive step forward on the the football side of the club obviously we all know that the future of the whole club remains unclear

Last edited:

wal3590

Can't really argue about any of his decisions on players, apart from maybe Jennings for back up. I don't think the players leaving are good enough but saying that do we really have the resources to replace them with anyone better? I guess we must have or it is pretty bad management!

Evo1883

It is good to see that Pressley has a clear idea of what he wants to do with this football club, and getting rid of these players shows that he is trying to implement his tactics, system and philosophy.

One of the most obvious reasons for telling these players that they can leave is to free up wages, however the more prominent reasons will have been based on the tactics Pressley believes in.

Cody McDonald: A player who cannot operate as a loan front man and so won't fit into Pressley's system

Steven Jennings: An industrious worker but nevertheless his range of passing is limited and Pressley needs players who are comfortable on the ball which he is not

Jordan Clarke: An enigma of a player, he possesses a beautiful first touch but after that I have seen nothing to suggest he will progress any further

The Edge: A cult hero last season, but again Pressley needs a centre back who can collect the ball from goal kicks and continuously start attacks from the back. The Edge is a battler but his technique isn't all that

Dunn, Malaga, Macca, Bell are either crap, cant speak english, slow or injury prone sometimes all four things at once. This is a positive step forward on the the football side of the club obviously we all know that the future of the whole club remains unclear

im not sure if pressley ,even with money would be the right man to take us forward , as for the players leaving ,I think its hardly about the system pressley wants to play , more to do with the owners giving him no choice

Cody had his chance last season and blew it so im not sad to see him go. Jenno started well but IMO, towards the end of last season he was as bad as Clingan. Clarke can be a great player if he stops fannying about with the ball, plus we have Phillips back from Nuneaton, so Jordan isnt needed anymore. Cannot believe Edje is gone. Great player. May not be the best defender but he gave his all every game, so im sad to see him go. Sheffers is a Cov hero IMO, i wish it had ended in better circumstances, he deserved a better exit. Bell started to get better towards the end of last year, but it was too little too late. Big wages and little games only ends up in one result. Malaga was never given a fair chance but im not surprised he's gone. Dunn, dont even go there ;) I wanted to give the kid a chance, he f**king blew it. Glad to see the back of him.

wingy

If any of these Players manage to draw a Fee ,who gets the funds ,SISU OTIUM or The Admin?

covcity4life

agreed pressley doing well so far

noone hes releasing is a shock and as long as he can bring in 5-7 faces we wont miss them.

Sub

will be missing these players if we do not get replacements in before the start of the season !! apart from bell who is never fit anyway :D

singers_pore

It's all very well saying we don't mind these players being released because they are shit. But what are we going to replace them with. Does anyone on here seriously believe that SISU are going to go out and get players better than those being released?

wal3590

It's all very well saying we don't mind these players being released because they are shit. But what are we going to replace them with. Does anyone on here seriously believe that SISU are going to go out and get players better than those being released?

Pretty much what I said

jesus-wept

Get a fee ? Anybody who spends money on any of that lot will need certifying

wingy

Nice to see the CT and Pressley struggling with the Actuals .

Sure they reported Edge + Malaga signed 3 yr deals last Summer,and Pressley Is deluded if he thinks we're out of Admin and Signing Players in 3 weeks.

Gary.j

I don't, but there are people here who believe that we will be mid-table championship in the next 3-5 years!

There's only one way to stop the rot, and there's only one way to do that; pull the plug on sisu, and start again. While ACL have no team, we have power! Time's running out!

wal3590

Too many people were taken in by Edj's twitter personality, in reality, another failed transfer. I liked him, but when I realised how bad our defence was (you don't really care when you're winning 3-1, 5-1 etc.) and watched highlights of goals, I seen that Edj was at fault for quite a lot.

I remember for MK Dons (A), I gave him an 8, looked at the reply that night, realised the 2nd goal was his fault, he's been at fault for at least 5 goals, that's off the top of my head, without trawling, and no.

Edge's only decent game was against Marlon King in the cup!

Bennoisback

To me the release of these players is no shock.........regardless of pressley having players lined up (no sure how). All were very poor last season and never took there chance when given to them. However still feel Bell would have done a good job IF he could stay fit

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't rate Edge and am not sad to see him leave but given our lack of centre halves id have kept him even it was only 4th choice. We only have Willis as a centre back now.

Sky_Blue_Daz

To be fair I thought Letting Clarke go was abit of a shock, hope he can keep Baker and Leon Clarke and we desperatly need another striker

Users who are viewing this thread