Changed my signature again. (2 Viewers)

hackneyfox

Thing is, with the League title, you had a once in a lifetime opportunity to genuinely take the the club to another level, to cement it amongst the genuine challengers.

That opportunity was squandered in the most spectacular style. Leicester have always been a club that have flitted up and down, with, in my life time anyway, more years down than up. You've gravitated back to that.

Nothing wrong with being that, of course, but it must sting, really. Thinking about what might have been, had a bit of competency been applied. Oh well.

Same as it ever was.
Quarter finals of CL
Two top 5 finishes
FA Cup
Charity Shield
Europa Cup twice
Semi-finals of Europa Conference.
Hardly squandered. 8 years that most fans would give their right arm for.
If you try and become part of the big six and fail then strangely every jealous fan from smaller clubs is baying for you to get points deducted.

Not bothering to read the comments on here @hackneyfox but I imagine we’ve caught some pearlers.

I only originally came on here in peace but the vitriol against us, culminating in that disgusting helicopter banner up the M69, showed how vile a fanbase they can be on here.

How can we really be genuine rivals when you look at past histories; think these lot are a bit like Peterborough are to us.

Just here for the banter to be fair, as I have some mates who are Cov fans - that don’t take it to heart.

See you in two years time, now come and roll over for the Tractor Boys 🚜🚜🚜mi ducks 🦆

Skybluekyle

I think the funniest thing is that, whilst Manchester United crumbled playing us, but at least they do that when playing anyone, but I have never seen a club, from fanbase to players, crumble as much as Leicester did at the CBS.

Singer's Corner made Mavididi look like he was going to cry before being subbed off, Dewsbury-Hall's interview after the game, and the Leicester fans on social media talking about how much they didn't care about Coventry City, whilst giving clear indicators that they do care.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Not bothering to read the comments on here @hackneyfox but I imagine we’ve caught some pearlers.

I only originally came on here in peace but the vitriol against us, culminating in that disgusting helicopter banner up the M69, showed how vile a fanbase they can be on here.

How can we really be genuine rivals when you look at past histories; think these lot are a bit like Peterborough are to us.

Just here for the banter to be fair, as I have some mates who are Cov fans - that don’t take it to heart.

See you in two years time, now come and roll over for the Tractor Boys 🚜🚜🚜mi ducks 🦆
Historically we’re a bigger club than you its only recent times you’ve had more success while we’ve been languishing in the lower leagues lying dormant, and our rise is well and truly on, just you wait till history repeats itself and you fuck off back to irrelevancy and we’re back where we belong

Historically we’re a bigger club than you its only recent times you’ve had more success while we’ve been languishing in the lower leagues lying dormant, and our rise is well and truly on, just you wait till history repeats itself and you fuck off back to irrelevancy and we’re back where we belong
Historically bigger, on what basis? 😂😂😂

fatso

How many points do you think we’re going to get deducted?
My guess is about 6 and as others will also lose points we will probably be fine.
No idea, but could be much higher than 6
Although no doubt it will get reduced at appeal once your lawyers start threatening legal action.

The punishment makes a mockery of the laws.
Teams get to keep their achievements that were as a direct result of blatant cheating and get docked next to nothing at some later date. Wtf is that about???

ProfessorbyGrace

Can’t wait for next season.

PUSB ⚽️

hill83

fishing-over-fishing.gif
1714493848427.gif

Shannerz

Quarter finals of CL
Two top 5 finishes
FA Cup
Charity Shield
Europa Cup twice
Semi-finals of Europa Conference.
Hardly squandered. 8 years that most fans would give their right arm for.
If you try and become part of the big six and fail then strangely every jealous fan from smaller clubs is baying for you to get points deducted.
I don't begrudge you any of that.

But here you are, a yo-yo team again.

Cheated to try to maintain it and keep up, yet still failed miserably.

Essentially, you're the Dick Dastardly of football.

Terry Gibson's perm

Although no doubt it will get reduced at appeal once your lawyers start threatening legal action.

Teams get to keep their achievements that were as a direct result of blatant cheating and get docked next to nothing at some later date. Wtf is that about???
It’s about time the first deduction is way more than they want and then let them appeal and you still get what you wanted.

Sick Boy

thing is, i'm off an age where I really didn't realise were meant to be rivals until I was in my late teens and early twenties

it's just no one really gave a rats about them
Same for me really, it wasn’t until the early days of the Championship that they registered. Before then they were pretty much a non-entity and the rivalry was Villa.

hackneyfox

You’re the least successful side in the midlands. One cup and that was 37 years ago.
You’re delusional and I’d imagine the serious posters on here are all squirming with embarrassment.

hackneyfox

We don’t spend in the summer before we got relegated and ended up just below Everton and Notts F. We didn’t get any sorting advantage.
We overspent because we had the sixth highest wage bill in the Premier and then that twat Rodgers managed to relegate us.
Nobody would buy the players we wanted to shift as the salaries were too high.
With what we’d achieved. two fifth place finishes, FA Cup, Europe it was only right the players were paid accordingly, were we went wrong was bringing in unproven players on £80k a week.

hackneyfox

On the basis that we are a bigger club, because its true
That’s not how it works, you need to back it up.
Here’s an example
co* :
FA Cup x1
3rd div playoff
2nd div champs x1
Some cup that only 3rd level teams play in.

LCFC:
PL x1
FA Cup x1
League Cup x3
CL quarter finals x1
Europa conference semi x1
Played in Europe 4 other years.
Charity Shield x2
Championship winners x8
League One winners x1
Haven’t played below the third tier at any point in our history.
May not be as good as yours but our ground sells out, is close to the centre and most important of all, we own it.
Debate?

Last edited:

PUSB-We_are_going_up

That’s not how it works, you need to back it up.
Here’s an example
co* :
FA Cup x1
3rd div playoff
2nd div champs x1
Some cup that only 3rd level teams play in.

LCFC:
PL x1
FA Cup x1
League Cup x3
CL quarter finals x1
Europa conference semi x1
Charity Shield x2
Championship winners x8
League One winners x1
Haven’t played below the third tier at any point in our history.

Debate?
Cov have spent more years in a row in the top flight, bigger fanbase, dont need shitty clappers to make noise, FA cup semi’s this year, League 1 winners, League 2 play off winners, would have played in the UEL equivalent in 87/88 if not for the English ban from Europe

hackneyfox

Cov have spent more years in a row in the top flight, bigger fanbase, dont need shitty clappers to make noise, FA cup semi’s this year, League 1 winners, League 2 play off winners, would have played in the UEL equivalent in 87/88 if not for the English ban from Europe
You don’t sell out.
You battled relegation almost every year you were in the top flight.
Making a noise doesn’t make you bigger.
We got to the FA Cup semi 3 years ago, difference being we win it and then win the final.
We’ve never been relegated to League 2
We’ve won League One
You’ve never won the Championship.
The UEL? We reached the quarter finals of CL. Played in the next level down on 5 occasions.

Stop embarrassing yourself

Terry Gibson's perm

You don’t sell out.
You battled relegation almost every year you were in the top flight.
Making a noise doesn’t make you bigger.
We got to the FA Cup semi 3 years ago, difference being we win it and then win the final.
We’ve never been relegated to League 2
We’ve won League One
You’ve never won the Championship.

Stop embarrassing yourself
Can you make a promise you will be on here as much through next season as you have been recently?

Shannerz

Same for me really, it wasn’t until the early days of the Championship that they registered. Before then they were pretty much a non-entity and the rivalry was Villa.
Also this.

I think the first time I saw us play them was about '95 (a 4-2 win, if I remember correctly), and I remember being really surprised about the amount of vitriol outside the ground afterwards.

Never looked forward to the game after that as it always brought out the knuckle-draggers on both sides.

Also, in the name of fairness, whilst the 'whose club is biggest' argument is about the most boring discussion in football, I don't think anyone should be arguing we're bigger than them nowadays. Their reach is blatantly bigger, but, frankly, who gives a single shiny fuck? If I cared about size I'd fuck off to Real Madrid.

hackneyfox

I don't begrudge you any of that.

But here you are, a yo-yo team again.

Cheated to try to maintain it and keep up, yet still failed miserably.

Essentially, you're the Dick Dastardly of football.
Well one relegation and a promotion in two years, not sure that’s yo yo. What would you have given for yo yoinh yourselves rather than being sat at the bottom of the top flight for so many years and never having any success. Don’t tell me you haven’t enjoyed your recent promotions.
At least everyone knows who Dick Dastardly is, you’re the Rufus Ruffcut of football, nobody can remember you’re name.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well one relegation and a promotion in two years, not sure that’s yo yo. What would you have given for yo yoinh yourselves rather than being sat at the bottom of the top flight for so many years and never having any success. Don’t tell me you haven’t enjoyed your recent promotions.
At least everyone knows who Dick Dastardly is, you’re the Rufus Ruffcut of football, nobody can remember you’re name.
The thing is you’ve got the last 23 years off the back of cheating local businesses out of huge sums of money followed by whoring out to the Thais. It isn’t worth it.

We’ll always have Lesta born Dewsbury-Hall’s tears in January as the evidence needed in this ‘not a rivalry’ debate anyway.

Shannerz

Catch the pigeon.

Users who are viewing this thread