Change of formation next season? (1 Viewer)

Phoenix5555

How do think we will play formation wise next season? In the main our tactics this season was break down the play, get it to Hamer, pick out Vik and watch him do his magic on the counter attack. I only think Robins played this style as Vik and Gus were so good and we had a lack of pace with the wingbacks.
Presuming Vik and Gus will be leaving, do you think we will go back to more possession football like we were used to in the lower divisions?

SkyblueTexan

Although emotions are still very raw looking back, I am very proud of what we achieved with a threadbare squad and amid all the other distractions/adversities we faced. We have to do everything we can to convince Gus and Vik to stay for 1 more season and add more complementary pieces around them. MR has vowed to improve upon what we've done this season and if we are to push on we must aim for autos in 23/24. We have to fast track our 5 year plan to reach the EPL and be in a position to withstand the rigours of that challenge. This summer is going to have to be a blockbuster one.

shmmeee

The box came about for various squad reasons that I don’t think apply any more. It’ll be interesting to see what Robins and Viveash do with a blank slate at this level. Viveash has spoken before about not being able to get lower league players to implement all his ideas and how he’s had to work slightly differently. I wonder if with a bit of a warchest to bring in higher quality throughout if he has something in mind that he’s been wanting to play.

Users who are viewing this thread