Change all that is SKY BLUE? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Interestingly I was talking to a few supporters last night who were suggesting it was time to change the 'tired' look of CCFC. By this they meant the Jimmy Hill inspired Sky Blue strip, everything associated with this soppy irrelevant colour and name.

I must admit it does all sound very 60's to me and the pale blue is not very inspiring is it?

Perhaps they have a point. get away from the past that haunts this club and strive for a new beginning?

Do they have a valid point?

Personally I would change it. It's way too old hat. I'd like to see a bright fresh colour strip and drop this insipid 'Sky Blues'.

skybluecase

Could be interesting cuz we only picked up the sky blue name when jimmy hill was in charge but that the best part of our history along with 87 I don't want that forgotten but a change in colour might do us good

Jim

Interestingly I was talking to a few supporters last night who were suggesting it was time to change the 'tired' look of CCFC. By this they meant the Jimmy Hill inspired Sky Blue strip, everything associated with this soppy irrelevant colour and name.

I must admit it does all sound very 60's to me and the pale blue is not very inspiring is it?

Perhaps they have a point. get away from the past that haunts this club and strive for a new beginning?

Do they have a valid point?

Personally I would change it. It's way too old hat. I'd like to see a bright fresh colour strip and drop this insipid 'Sky Blues'.

About as pointless as the rebranding of Royal Mail to Consignia......

Gaz

Change us from being the skyblues ?

Are you mad ! :eek:

KarmicChris

I'm sorry but this could well be the worst idea and the fact that you've contributed it to our failures?

Think of all the money we would spend, entire Ricoh repainted. Changing the website, changing this site.

Changing all kind of fan groups from Sky Blue to whatever. We are Sky Blues no matter what. So we have a shite season we change our history?

Utter crap. I like the fact there's only 3 Sky Blue teams in the league. Going to a blue like Leicester or B'ham and be like every other club in the leagues? Got to be joking.

+ Our home form was the only thing that gave us a slight chance this season, our home form where we were wearing Sky Blue, as opposed to our awful away form where we wore the black & green mainly? Actually annoyed me that you've even suggested it.

Last edited:

Paxman II

What Jimmy Hill did with his conception was a marketing stroke of genius at the time.

Now it's time for a new marketing plan to produce the same kind of sparkle Jimmy did back then.

Everything has got tired sounding and looking.
Do you still go to a night club and expect it to be the same as the 80's?

We need freshening up both image and on the field!

Paxman II

I'm sorry but this could well be the worst idea and the fact that you've contributed it to our failures? Think of all the money we would spend, entire Ricoh repainted. Chaging the website, changing this site. Changing all kind of fan groups from Sky Blue to whatever. We are Sky Blues no matter what. So we have a shite season we change our history? Utter crap. I like the fact there's only 3 Sky Blue teams in the league. Going to a blue like Leicester or B'ham and be like every other club inthe leagues? Got to be joking. + Our home form was the only thing that gave us a slight chance this season, our home form where we were wearing Sky Blue, as opposed to our awful away form where we worse the black & green mainly? Actually annoyed me that you've even suggested it.

No suggestion of debunking our history. (though tbf apart from '87 we have achieved bugger all)
Why do you assume we have to have another bland strip aka brum or leicester?

I think we need re-marketing...a new brand if you will. The old ones too tired and uninspiring.
I remind you we have had about 30 shite seasons in the last 40 years. In particular the last decade. :D

Gaz

Does anyone know where the dislike button is on this thread ? :whistle:

SkyBlue_Bear83

We should concentrate all our efforts on trying to make us win on the pitch instead of making us look more "inspiring" when we lose.

Otis

i think it is a fair comment, Paxman and it is something I have thought about before.

Just think we are forever living in the shadows of those heady days way back when and we just can compete with it.

Now people think of the Sky Blues and they think failure.

We need to change everything and if that includes changing the strip and going back to what we were before then so be it. Fans would still sing the Sky Blue song. Nuneaton fans still think of themselves as Boro and not town.

We need an overhaul from top to bottom. Nothing should be ruled out.

KarmicChris

No suggestion of debunking our history. (though tbf apart from '87 we have achieved bugger all)
Why do you assume we have to have another bland strip aka brum or leicester?

I think we need re-marketing...a new brand if you will. The old ones too tired and uninspiring.
I remind you we have had about 30 shite seasons in the last 40 years. In particular the last decade. :D

The colour is not going to change anything! By that logic why're Man City challenging for the Premier League? It's because of money. Something we do not have.

and ok, something not bland? Like a bright orange or purple maybe and be the laughing stock of the entire footballing world as if we're not borderline already.

A re-brand of Sky Blue sounds good. But we are Sky Blues and I like to think the majority of fans would go against any changes otherwisee

marcus87

We are a football club not a fashion label image is'nt making us win or lose this has got to be the most stuipedist thread ever:facepalm:

Gaz

You don't like it then don't read it? What you like is not necessarily what others like.

I didn't say what I like is what others like did I ?
I was just looking for the dislike button because this is a stupid idea I don't erm .. like ;)

Paxman II

We are a football club not a fashion label image is'nt making us win or lose this has got to be the most stuipedist thread ever:facepalm:

Did anyone tell Jimmy Hill that before we embarked on arguably our greatest ever period?

scroobiustom

Maybe we should just re-build Highfield Road and put Jimmy on the PA system, we seem to get the results we need that way.

Or at least that's what i've read!

Otis

I think some people haven't read up on our history.

We were a failing club and Jimmy Hill ripped everything up and started afresh with a blank canvas. The kit, the Sky Blues moniker, the Sky Blue Song, everything.

All we are associated with now is abject failure. We need to consider everything to rip it all up once more and start again.

Otis

As Paxman says, it was a new image under Jimmy Hill. Bet your bottom dollar that back then the City faithful were outraged at the thought of changing to the Sky Blues.

Gaz

Why don't we change our club name to FC Chameleon while we are at it.

I think some people havn't taken there pills today.

Otis

hahaaa :claping hands: that wasent because of our kit

It was part of the whole image change and into a whole new way of thinking.

It was a cog in the wheel, like the Sky Blue Song and the special trains etc.

Otis

Would prefer to concentrate on getting out of League One first.

Anyone who simply dismisses any suggestion of any major changes may wish to read up on our history and see just how much changed when Jimmy Hill took over. He changed everything, the kit, the nickname and created a song to go with it.

I wasn't around when these changes first took place but have read up on quite a bit and Jimmy Hill changed our very thinking. He ripped everything up. Find it strange that people would just totally dismiss this without any thought at all.

I actually think this is not as stupid as it sounds. I have always said ground up changes are needed.

We are rotten to the core IMO

Last edited:

marcus87

yeah but if we was going to do that who would do it thorn ? and we dont have the money to do it while sisu are in charge and we'll be lucky if we are a club next year

WestEndAgro

As much as a legend Jimmy is, he didn't invent Sky Blue for our colours, we had Sky Blue shirts back in1889,

blueflint

bring back the chocolate strip :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::blue::blue::blue:

Users who are viewing this thread