Match Thread Chances of Making The Playoffs (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

I don't understand where this finisher/goalscorer we need so badly is going to play? We're playing 1 up top & next season we'll have Baka, Chaplin and Biamou for sure, Hiwula as back up through the middle also. People need to be realistic, we've spend a shitload on strikers for league 1 club this season and play 1 up top.. Unless we go up, a new striker will be bottom of the list in terms of priority. Can't see it working out for Ponti but who knows, Bremang might even be ready to step up next season.

A new keeper is a must . Burge costs us too many points.

CanadianCCFC

I would love us to do the unthinkable - win our last four games. Doncaster lose at Sunderland and Oxford as well. Would create a dilemma and PR nightmare for all concerned.
What would wasps think if the season they don’t agree to a deal turns out to be our return to the championship

skybluesam66

so

if we beat the bottom club and both peterboro and Doncaster lose to Sunderland
We beat Doncaster on the last day

before any other games

Doncaster 44/69
City 44/67
Peterboro 42/64

could be interesting yet

Reactions: vow

Gibbo

Teams just promoted often carry on doing well the following year, but then fall back the year after that. There is no natural law of progression as the other clubs will now know what we have to offer. See Shrewsbury this year, Brentford in the Championship who have both fallen back after good first seasons. You do need cash to maintain the impetus, the one thing we do not have. On the upside, the job for Robins will be to replace the three loans and Burge which is easier than the last two summer transfer windows. We can assume two new loans although I would prefer a longer term solution at right back. Plus he seems to have confidence in Wakefield.

We need one, possibly two very physical, solid League 1 specimens to act as minder to Kelly, Bayliss and any new loanees. That way we can avoid silly losses to clubs like Oxford.

vow

so

if we beat the bottom club and both peterboro and Doncaster lose to Sunderland
We beat Doncaster on the last day

before any other games

Doncaster 44/69
City 44/67
Peterboro 42/64

could be interesting yet
Would fookin love that scenario!

Essexrobbie

It wont happen but I would have loved to have played Sunderland in the playoff final just to show them what playing a big club at Wembley felt like.

SkyBlueSoul

Just to throw some(one else’s) stats at this...

6ccf5e7a67d0d55dab2eca4e19cf382a.jpg

I make that a 2% chance

covcity4life

i think we will keep it alive and even make it interesting this friday

but monday is the big test, pass that and we can all believe its possible

stupot07

It's not gonna happen unfortunately. The mid season dip has killed us as has the poor home form and the inability to break down teams that park the bus.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSoul

2% or 1 in 50, not that bad! At least there still is a chance albeit incredibly slim.
I'm definitely pleased it's still technically possible at this stage. We'll miss out but I thought mid- to lower-mid table was where we'd end up so if you'd offered me this at the start of the season I'd have taken it!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Im gonna say it, Doncaster will not win another match!! There ive done it! I look forward to all the abuse when they win the next time they play.

Tbf if they didn't win another game we would probably find a way to Cov it up
To be fair, it wouldn't really be 'coving it up'. They currently stand 8 points above us with 4 games to go. We would need to get 9 points to overhaul them or 2.25 points per game. Significantly more than the current 1.45 we average.

Users who are viewing this thread