Championship (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Watching this with interest. WBA and Leeds under pressure from Brentford big time. WBA need 3 wins from their last 4 to be certain of promotin if brentford keep winning. All Brentfords remaining fixtures look winnable.

larry_david

Swansea Leeds tomorrow is pretty big. I've backed WBA title so it's pretty interesting right now and Brentford as you say aren't going away.

Frostie

Brentford are a superb team with a real ethos & identity with both their recruitment & style of play.

Whichever of the 3 misses out will be extremely unlucky. I'm sure they'd fancy their chances in the playoffs but that's always more of a lottery of course.

Winny the Bish

Brentford are a superb team with a real ethos & identity with both their recruitment & style of play.

Whichever of the 3 misses out will be extremely unlucky. I'm sure they'd fancy their chances in the playoffs but that's always more of a lottery of course.
You always worry about the team that just misses out on autos, or throws autos away, as their players are usually devastated and struggle to get that mentality/composure back.

Paxman II

The foot of the championship is equally crazy. Wigan hve 15 point deduction to add which will relegate them. The fight for the other two to stay up is anybodies guess.

Not so the premier league. After today I find it extremely unlikely the current bottom three are getting out of it. So we have 3 very atractive away days at Norwich, Bournemouth and dare I say Villa next season to look forward to. Would love to see O'Hare in our side for that one.

fatso

The foot of the championship is equally crazy. Wigan hve 15 point deduction to add which will relegate them. The fight for the other two to stay up is anybodies guess.

Not so the premier league. After today I find it extremely unlikely the current bottom three are getting out of it. So we have 3 very atractive away days at Norwich, Bournemouth and dare I say Villa next season to look forward to. Would love to see O'Hare in our side for that one.
I'd love it, LOVE IT, if we beat them!

Grendel

Its 12 points

SkyblueTexan

Norwich relegated from Premiership - Sam McCallum might be lining up against us next season unless he is shelved for a rainy day much like Bayliss.

JulianDarbyFTW

Norwich relegated from Premiership - Sam McCallum might be lining up against us next season unless he is shelved for a rainy day much like Bayliss.

It was a good deal for both McCallum and ourselves at the time, but I wonder what McCallum is thinking now; he'd have been first choice left back here, but I'm not sure he'll get to play week in week out for Norwich.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Where I am in Malvern, I am surrounded by Birmingham fans, Shrewsbury fans and West Brom fans. Surprisingly, I've yet to meet any s̶c̶u̶m̶, sorry, Villa fans! Think these good people have more sense!

better days

It was a good deal for both McCallum and ourselves at the time, but I wonder what McCallum is thinking now; he'd have been first choice left back here, but I'm not sure he'll get to play week in week out for Norwich.
It depends on whether Norwich sell Jamal Lewis
If a Premier League team make an offer he will go
Same for Max Aarons their right back

Sick Boy

Let’s see how it plays out I feel he will be playing under 23’s football for a while yet
I doubt it, plus he’s joined a team who will be going for promotion rather than trying to avoid relegation - plus he’s probably at least doubled his wages.

ccfcway

dont get the McCallum bashing. loads of posts on here saying Mason should have be playing instead of him earlier in the seaosn and we sold him to a club who will be playing against us next year, his bank balance will have dramatically risen as did ours. We won, Sam won,, time will tell if Norwich did

bawtryneal

Sheffield Wednesday are likely to get a points deduction as well due to false accounting relating to there stadium valuation to meet FFP. The rumour in Sheffield is they expect 12 to 15 points deduction.

Magwitch

So McCallum made the move to a premiership club from us a league one club to end up in the same league as us a few months later lol
Think he knew relegation was possible even probable when he signed for Norwich. It was a good deal all round we got good money for a lad we got for nowt and in a position not the hardest to replace imo. and as things have panned out with this corovirus issue perhaps welcome money.

AFCCOVENTRY

Sheffield Wednesday are likely to get a points deduction as well due to false accounting relating to there stadium valuation to meet FFP. The rumour in Sheffield is they expect 12 to 15 points deduction.

I’m hoping Wigan get enough points to avoid relegation this season is -12 is applied so that they start next season on -12

mr_monkey

I’m hoping Wigan get enough points to avoid relegation this season is -12 is applied so that they start next season on -12

I don't think that's how it works unfortunately mate. I think if they avoid relegation then the 12 are taken away at the end of this season

Speedies_Chips

I don't think that's how it works unfortunately mate. I think if they avoid relegation then the 12 are taken away at the end of this season
That would hardly be a punishment then would it? I think it has already been stated that what AFCCOVENTRY said , is what would happen.

standupforcity

Selfish I know...but I want both Fulham and Brentford to remain in the Championship....both local for me! I go to most 'home' games but a couple of away games on my doorstep would be great!

Magwitch

Talking Wigan, I think their situation is very different to normal administration and they will appeal strongly could even go as high as UEFA even Government influence. I think there will be fingers crossed at EFL Wigan get the enough points to stay up.

mr_monkey

Never seen points taken at the end don’t teams start on minus ?

Wigan Athletic in administration: Championship club set for 12-point deduction

The English Football League has said Wigan will be deducted 12 points.

The sanction will be applied at the end of this season if the Latics, 14th in the Championship, finish outside the bottom three after 46 games.

Should Wigan finish in the relegation zone, the penalty will be applied during the 2020-21 season instead.

Danceswithhorses

which presumably means Derby and Birmingham will face the same penalty too...i believe they also sold their grounds to manipulate/reduce their losses.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Talking Wigan, I think their situation is very different to normal administration and they will appeal strongly could even go as high as UEFA even Government influence. I think there will be fingers crossed at EFL Wigan get the enough points to stay up.

But the question has to be how can a club 4 weeks after a takeover (and apparently linked to the former owner) end up in admin? The due diligence by the club and/or the EFL ownership test should've flagged that up.

mark82

Wigan Athletic in administration: Championship club set for 12-point deduction

The English Football League has said Wigan will be deducted 12 points.

The sanction will be applied at the end of this season if the Latics, 14th in the Championship, finish outside the bottom three after 46 games.

Should Wigan finish in the relegation zone, the penalty will be applied during the 2020-21 season instead.

That indeed is how the BBC reported it. The actual ruling is that it will only be applied if it makes a material difference to the finish of the season. If Wigan finish 13 points or more above the drop it gets applied next season. If Wigan finish in the relegation zone it also gets applied next season (unlikely). Chances are they will finish within 12 points of relegation so it'll all be moot.

Users who are viewing this thread