Championship thread 23/24 (19 Viewers)

Evo1883

Tommo1993

It’s been said that we’d do well to get anything from the Huddersfield game. Having seen them crumble as well as that, I couldn’t disagree more. We should be taking the points.

Paxman II

Looking at the run in, hand on heart I think Norwich have come into the fight at the right time.....their run in looks relatively easy, so I think they will get 6th place. Our run in looked easy enough back in Setember but now looks mighty difficult!
I really hope I'm wrong because football is a funny old game.

covcity4life

9 games left

9 wins gives us 84 PTS

6 wins 75pts

Competitive for 6th spot. I think we'll need 6 wins. Possible 5 wins and 72 may be enough. No way anything less imo

Gonna be tough but who knows

Paxman II

Actually I'm revising what I said earlier. I think its between us and Norwich.
It's close but if we keep key players fit, then Norwich will garner 18 points. We will collect 20.
That's a finishing total of 76 against 77 in our favour.
Yes it will be close. Lots of things can happen and will happen that are unexpected. Can we beat Leeds at home? When we face QPR on the last day thier fate is probably already decided and should be an easy 3 points. Lots of twist and turns to come. Cardif are the most inform team in the league just now...but can that continue? I think not.
What an exciting time to be a Coventry City fan. Simms looking better with each game, Wright finding his form again and O'Hare back in the swing. Sheaf back and Torp can only get better.

robbiethemole

I think Baggies are too far ahead the spawny way they keep winning, but 6th is definitely on against Norwich.
Preston and Sunderland are too far back, and I think Hull could be going too ( I hope )

Saddlebrains

Why am i seeing people saying we wil get 77 points what fucking planet are you lot on?

Huddersfield (A)
Cardiff (H)
Leeds (H)
Southampton (A)
Blues (A)
Ipswich (H)
Hull (H)
Blackburn (A)
QPR (H)

Aside from the Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich games, which i dont think anyone has predicted we win, we play teams absolutely fighting for their lives, and we all know results this time of year go massively against form

Thats 6 wins 2 draws 1 defeat to get to that. Thats title winning form.

I'm not saying we've got no chance, although i do feel we will come 5 or 6 short, but some of the predictions im seeing on here and twitter are bat shit

shmmeee

Why am i seeing people saying we wil get 77 points what fucking planet are you lot on?

Huddersfield (A)
Cardiff (H)
Leeds (H)
Southampton (A)
Blues (A)
Ipswich (H)
Hull (H)
Blackburn (A)
QPR (H)

Aside from the Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich games, which i dont think anyone has predicted we win, we play teams absolutely fighting for their lives, and we all know results this time of year go massively against form

Thats 6 wins 2 draws 1 defeat to get to that. Thats title winning form.

I'm not saying we've got no chance, although i do feel we will come 5 or 6 short, but some of the predictions im seeing on here and twitter are bat shit

We need to get one more point than Norwich and it’s all in our own hands. That’s all that matters.

shmmeee

I agree with you but totals pushing the 80 points barrier are absurd

If we get the bit between our teeth we’ve shown we can go on serious runs over the span of 10+ games. I’m not saying we’ll make it, but I wouldn’t write it off. I think it’ll depend if Norwich manage a similar run.

covcity4life

Gut feeling right now

Huddersfield (A) draw
Cardiff (H) win
Leeds (H) loss
Southampton (A) draw
Blues (A) win
Ipswich (H) draw
Hull (H) win
Blackburn (A) draw
QPR (H) win

16 PTS. Puts us on total of 73. Could do it!

Evo1883

Huddersfield (A) win
Cardiff (H) win
Leeds (H) loss
Southampton (A) loss
Blues (A) draw
Ipswich (H) draw
Hull (H) loss
Blackburn (A) win
QPR (H) win

14 points , quite negative for me tbh but just not feeling it

Evo1883

Taking away the 4 teams at the top because they're bankers .. skybet have us as finishing in 8th Screenshot_20240310_194039_Chrome.jpg

Brighton Sky Blue

If nothing else, if we can just start next season properly we should be looking for a strong top 6 finish. Assume O’Hare’s replacement is already identified, possibly upgrade at left back, add a bit more depth at CB and DM and we’re good to go.

I strongly doubt whoever finishes 5th/6th will win the playoffs anyway.

mmttww

Reckon we'll win five games:

Huddersfield
Cardiff
Birmingham
Blackburn
QPR

which is 72 points. Falling just short.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Norwich have the easier run in and have hit form like we did last year, if Sargent stays fit, then I think they sneak 6th, if he gets injured then they skip away, he’s that good and when out earlier this season, they slipped down the league.
hope I’m wrong and let’s see how many we can win but we probably need 6 more wins realistically

Saddlebrains

Huddersfield (A) draw
Cardiff (H) win
Leeds (H) loss
Southampton (A) loss
Blues (A) win
Ipswich (H) draw
Hull (H) draw
Blackburn (A) loss
QPR (H) win

3 wins, 3 draws 3 defeats for me leaving us on 69

4 or 5 points short

lifeskyblue

Have thought for a while we will end up short…but nothing would surprise me. It has been an incredibly successful season no matter where we finish having sold our two best players in close season, experienced injuries to key players at crucial times and faced a league of far greater quality than last few years we are still with 10 games to go in a decent position and still in the cup. We might lose more in the summer (sheaf would be a v big loss) but with his money and that from O’Hare plus a bonus from vic we should be having another exciting season in 24/25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paxman II

What you are forgetting is form when we get to play them. ie: you suppose Ipswich will still be hot when we get them? I doubt it, they have been on a downward trajectory. Leeds will be our toughest, but we are at home. Cardiff are in the form of their lives just now but we are at home & they can't keep winning. Southampton I can't see us doing much there, they are too good at home. The rest are winable.

Gleneagles65

Actually I'm revising what I said earlier. I think its between us and Norwich.
It's close but if we keep key players fit, then Norwich will garner 18 points. We will collect 20.
That's a finishing total of 76 against 77 in our favour.
Yes it will be close. Lots of things can happen and will happen that are unexpected. Can we beat Leeds at home? When we face QPR on the last day thier fate is probably already decided and should be an easy 3 points. Lots of twist and turns to come. Cardif are the most inform team in the league just now...but can that continue? I think not.
What an exciting time to be a Coventry City fan. Simms looking better with each game, Wright finding his form again and O'Hare back in the swing. Sheaf back and Torp can only get better.
Agreed, us or Norwich to finish 6th.

Users who are viewing this thread