Championship thread 23/24 (14 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

When did it start? Am sure they signed O'Dowda from Bristol City last Summer. They also had loan players including Kipre and Kaba, both of whom I'd be happy for us to sign.
They're allowed loan signings and free transfers only (until Jan 24 window)

SkyBlueSoul

Chansiri now come out and said Moore was asking for 4x his current salary and he couldn't accept that. Didn't like the speculation going around so made this statement/short novel.

fernandopartridge

Chansiri now come out and said Moore was asking for 4x his current salary and he couldn't accept that. Didn't like the speculation going around so made this statement/short novel.

For all we know though Moore's salary could have been a pittance in the first place

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

For all we know though Moore's salary could have been a pittance in the first place

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t trust what trust what Chansiri says at all and from what I heard it was pittance. Also, what a bizarre way to conduct negotiations, from how I read it Chansiri never made an offer to Moore ?!

SkyBlueSoul

The proper thing to do would have been to keep quiet. Who cares about the speculation, it's exactly that. Just be grown up and ignore it rather than dive in because people are saying nasty things.

Can't see Darren Moore putting his side across at any point, he'll just stay out of it with dignity.

Finham

I wouldn’t trust what trust what Chansiri says at all and from what I heard it was pittance. Also, what a bizarre way to conduct negotiations, from how I read it Chansiri never made an offer to Moore ?!
He lied his pants off to me about the budget in Football Manager. I almost quit over that.

Terry_dactyl

Is that a reliable source? Most recently they’ve have their transfer embargo - which relates to this payment - reduced.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Would they have had him covered with a life insurance policy?
Remember reading something along this lines they assumed he would be automatically covered on the club policy, Cardiff had to go onto the club policy and add him as a new player. They either didn't realise or were late adding him to the club policy and insurance wouldn't pay out.

Danceswithhorses

Remember reading something along this lines they assumed he would be automatically covered on the club policy, Cardiff had to go onto the club policy and add him as a new player. They either didn't realise or were late adding him to the club policy and insurance wouldn't pay out.
Think they added him too late from memory (ie after crash)...clearly they didn't expect the plane to be a death trap, and the pilot to not have a licence to fly at night.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Moore wasn't out of contract though was he? So why would Chansri make him an offer?

Moore asked for improved terms on his current deal due to promotion and Chansri said he was happy to discuss an improved contract and then wasn't happy with the proposal Moore had presented. He asked Moore to reconsider and Moore said no these were his terms he wanted.

You would think wage increases upon promotion would have been written into his contract as a standard to avoid this kind of dispute but apparently not.

Without knowing the actual numbers and how it compares to the rest of the championship nand promoted teams difficult to say who was being unreasonable.

CovBrummie94

Ethan Laird signed by Birmingham permanently. That’s a great signing for them. They’ve made some decent signings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

Moore wasn't out of contract though was he? So why would Chansri make him an offer?

Moore asked for improved terms on his current deal due to promotion and Chansri said he was happy to discuss an improved contract and then wasn't happy with the proposal Moore had presented. He asked Moore to reconsider and Moore said no these were his terms he wanted.

You would think wage increases upon promotion would have been written into his contract as a standard to avoid this kind of dispute but apparently not.

Without knowing the actual numbers and how it compares to the rest of the championship nand promoted teams difficult to say who was being unreasonable.

My understanding was that he was on a 12 month roller so presume if either party doesn’t agree to current terms it would terminate. In which case it would be for club to offer alternative terms as a manager isn’t going to stay on L1 wages in the championship

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

My understanding was that he was on a 12 month roller so presume if either party doesn’t agree to current terms it would terminate. In which case it would be for club to offer alternative terms as a manager isn’t going to stay on L1 wages in the championship
Yea so Sheffield Wednesday said they were happy for him to continue for another 12 months and would also discuss improved terms.

Moore presented his request and when he asked to reconsider he told them no these were his terms.

shmmeee

Parachute Payment idea: £250k/wk first team budget for each Championship side (academy products exempt) and parachute payments are made directly to players for any amount over £20k/wk. The first £20k comes out the wage budget. Only contracts signed before relegation counted.

no_loyalty

Parachute Payment idea: £250k/wk first team budget for each Championship side (academy products exempt) and parachute payments are made directly to players for any amount over £20k/wk. The first £20k comes out the wage budget. Only contracts signed before relegation counted.
They need to do something, why should a team receive millions of pounds for failure, and gain an unfair advantage?

Terry Gibson's perm

They need to do something, why should a team receive millions of pounds for failure, and gain an unfair advantage?

You have to question what they are parachuting from, why would a team like Luton need them so far they have pushed the boat out and signed a free agent from Rotherham.

Users who are viewing this thread