Championship thread 23/24 (8 Viewers)

Manchester_sky_blue

Don't want Mark Robins to leave, but.

When Man United go looking for a new manager, would be an ideal choice, ex player as well.
Can't see that personally but if he keeps doing what he's doing then Prem teams will come knocking. Gotta make sure we get promoted before it becomes an issue

Sky Blue Harry H

Today convinced me M'Boro will fall short, but Hull (next 3 games very winnable) and Norwich (now that Sargent is back) are likely to have a big say in the play off race - West Brom getting closer to the pack now. Need to beat Bristol City to keep the pressure on!

Sky Blue Harry H

Was much closer than that a couple of weeks ago. Each time we win we will pull further away. If we carry on like this it won't be long before we have a gap between us and 7th place.
I can see Hull winning their next 3 , so wouldn't be surprised if they caught us during that period (unless we beat Norwich away - very tough, plus if we win in the cup, the Millwall game gets cancelled).

Hull have
Millwall (h)
Swansea (h)
Rotherham (a)

City have
Bristol City (h)
Norwich (a)
Millwall (h)

ovduk78

I can see Hull winning their next 3 , so wouldn't be surprised if they caught us during that period (unless we beat Norwich away - very tough, plus if we win in the cup, the Millwall game gets cancelled).

Hull have
Millwall (h)
Swansea (h)
Rotherham (a)

City have
Bristol City (h)
Norwich (a)
Millwall (h)
Millwall game not cancelled, cup 5th round is midweek 28th February

TomRad85

As an aside, Stansfield was such a good loan signing. Wasted at fucking Blues.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Today convinced me M'Boro will fall short, but Hull (next 3 games very winnable) and Norwich (now that Sargent is back) are likely to have a big say in the play off race - West Brom getting closer to the pack now. Need to beat Bristol City to keep the pressure on!
Convinced??? 3pts off while distracted by a semi final. No chance they are out of it and unlikely. will massively drop off imo

TomRad85

We're getting 5th, couldn't give a monkeys who gets 6th, we're better than all of them.

Sky Blue Harry H

Convinced??? 3pts off while distracted by a semi final. No chance they are out of it and unlikely. will massively drop off imo
I said will fall short, not massively drop off. I've had a look at their remaining fixtures and don't see them finishing above us - could be wrong, obviously!

Sky Blue Harry H

I see Sunderland are trying to get that PNE winger Liam Miller. Looked a decent player - we should get him just to p^ss them off!

Happy_Martian

Holy.... Was hoping for a Preston win over Leeds today. Preston have just scored after 90 seconds :oops::ROFLMAO:

SkyBlueSoul

Fucking SkyGo, sound went out of sync and I didn't realise until James scored while the ball was still on the halfway line

shmmeee

Draw would be perfect here. Keep Preston at bay and Leeds in touching distance. Can’t see past a Leeds win tho

Cheylesmore ITK

Not heard of that but wouldn't surprise me with what lots of supporters come out with.

Sounds like in the end he had had enough. But as we know with our own club we rarely know the truth. Having the players chosen for him adds up because Mowbray is too experienced to go into the second season without a striker to play.
I am sorry but are we going to gloss over that you claimed Mowbray got them promoted? This was a central part of your argument.

SkyblueTexan

We're getting 5th, couldn't give a monkeys who gets 6th, we're better than all of them.

I hope you are right but do not want to speak too soon. Still a long way to go and so much more left to play for for many teams that are still in the mix. We just have to take it 1 game at a time like the old cliche. Cannot look too far ahead.

shmmeee

I think the best we can hope for is

Southampton
Leicester
——————
Leeds
Ipswich
CCFC
Whoever

Not sure I fancy a Leeds final though, maybe Sunderland or WBA to sneak it and we beat them at Wembley.

SBT

Over two legs I would back Robins to get us past any team in the playoffs. Our game management against Middlesbrough last season - who I rated as a better side than us overall - was exemplary and our results against the top sides this year tell me that we could do it again.

covcity4life

I think the best we can hope for is

Southampton
Leicester
——————
Leeds
Ipswich
CCFC
Whoever

Not sure I fancy a Leeds final though, maybe Sunderland or WBA to sneak it and we beat them at Wembley.
If we make it we just give it our best. It's a lottery as we well know. Maybe this time works maybe doesn't but I wouldn't worry too much. Mostly about getting there

Users who are viewing this thread