Championship thread 23/24 (8 Viewers)

Astute

I think we're different, guarantee we have someone lined up to replace O'Hare and we'd try and pull the trigger immediately if £5 million came in. Wednesday not so much, just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
We're no different.

Top players, which includes O’Hare, come with a premium at this time of the season. Any club with anything to play for won't want to sell their best players. And it wouldn't surprise me that if it happens it would be right at the end of the transfer window and too late to do anything. And a stopgap signing would go against what we're doing.

TomRad85

We're no different.

Top players, which includes O’Hare, come with a premium at this time of the season. Any club with anything to play for won't want to sell their best players. And it wouldn't surprise me that if it happens it would be right at the end of the transfer window and too late to do anything. And a stopgap signing would go against what we're doing.
I didn't suggest a stop gap signing, if you shop in the right market you can pick up an excellent player for £5 million. I actually think it's a bit mad how quickly some of you have forgotten how much money that is tbh. We aren't Man City, we're spending money because of large player sales.

Astute

I didn't suggest a stop gap signing, if you shop in the right market you can pick up an excellent player for £5 million. I actually think it's a bit mad how quickly some of you have forgotten how much money that is tbh. We aren't Man City, we're spending money because of large player sales.

Where did I say you suggested a stop gap signing?

I still think you're missing the point.

Most of the better players are at clubs with something still to play for. To tempt them at this time of the season will be difficult. 5m for an O'Hare replacement? Certainly wouldn't be anywhere near like for like unless there's another player similar also about out of contract. Or maybe a fringe Prem player not getting games. But even then you would get a player most probably not match fit. And you would also then have to talk a Prem player to downgrade to the Championship.

Do you have any suggestions on an O'Hare replacement for 5m?

TomRad85

Most of the better players are at clubs with something still to play for. To tempt them at this time of the season will be difficult. 5m for an O'Hare replacement? Certainly wouldn't be anywhere near like for like unless there's another player similar also about out of contract. Or maybe a fringe Prem player not getting games. But even then you would get a player most probably not match fit. And you would also then have to talk a Prem player to downgrade to the Championship.

Sigh

TomRad85

While we're here, every player we've signed apart from Haji Wright was under £5 million. Unless you think we've recruited poorly it's bonkers to suggest we wouldn't have a good pop at replacing O'Hare.
None of this bullshit is going to happen btw but turning down £5 million for a player with a few months left would be irresponsible and I think those within the club would think the same and view it as opportunity to bring someone else in on a long contract.

David O'Day

Why would he suggest an O'hare replacement when the whole point he was making was we will likely buy players that we haven't heard of before from leagues where there is great value and great players to be had for much less than a similar quality player from England?

TomRad85

Why would he suggest an O'hare replacement when the whole point he was making was we will likely buy players that we haven't heard of before from leagues where there is great value and great players to be had for much less than a similar quality player from England?
Thank you David.

Astute

He stated a O'Hare replacement for 5m 🤣🤣🤣

David O'Day

He stated a O'Hare replacement for 5m 🤣🤣🤣
And? What part of we will likely buy a player we haven't heard of from something like an eastern european or scandi league where we can get players smooth off the rough edges and have a brilliant payer for a fraction of the cost of buying someone you have herd of from the uk

the recruitment team will have a list of potential o'hare replacements and i bet all of them will cost less than 5 million

Astute

I think we're different, guarantee we have someone lined up to replace O'Hare and we'd try and pull the trigger immediately if £5 million came in. Wednesday not so much, just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.

So you didn't make this comment 🤔 😂😂😂

Astute

I think we're different, guarantee we have someone lined up to replace O'Hare and we'd try and pull the trigger immediately if £5 million came in.
You're just chatting shite as usual.

So you say you guarantee we have a replacement for O'Hare but then you say it isn't what you mean.....I think 🤔

So explain by what you mean on you guarantee we have an O'Hare replacement ready for 5m if you also say you didn't say it.

David O'Day

You're just chatting shite as usual.

So you say you guarantee we have a replacement for O'Hare but then you say it isn't what you mean.....I think 🤔

So explain by what you mean on you guarantee we have an O'Hare replacement ready for 5m if you also say you didn't say it.
This is what he said, you really should read shit before chatting whiff

" didn't suggest a stop gap signing, if you shop in the right market you can pick up an excellent player for £5 million. I actually think it's a bit mad how quickly some of you have forgotten how much money that is tbh. We aren't Man City, we're spending money because of large player sales"

clearly saying there are great players who could be as good as o'hare out there for less than 5m if you shop the rightmarkets

understand?

TomRad85

This is what he said, you really should read shit before chatting whiff

" didn't suggest a stop gap signing, if you shop in the right market you can pick up an excellent player for £5 million. I actually think it's a bit mad how quickly some of you have forgotten how much money that is tbh. We aren't Man City, we're spending money because of large player sales"

clearly saying there are great players who could be as good as o'hare out there for less than 5m if you shop the rightmarkets

understand?
This is really hard work.

Last edited:

TomRad85

Lads, give it a rest. Really dull having to sift through pages of people having a pop at each other.
Not really having a pop, I just made a point and due to someone's lack of reading comprehension we've ended up with a rather dull back and forth.
I also stand by my initial point.

Astute

Not really having a pop, I just made a point and due to someone's lack of reading comprehension we've ended up with a rather dull back and forth.
I also stand by my initial point.

Last comment as you would prefer to dig a massive hole than admit anything or at least just go quiet on the subject.

Having a pop? You have gone for my jugular for me pointing out you're sure we have a Replacement for O'Hare ready for 5m yet make out you haven't.

Astute

understand?
But it isn't what he said.

And as I have said countless times in the past.....and as this season showed.....a player from abroad would need time to settle in. We don't have the time. Yet we're supposed to have a guaranteed replacement for 5m. A player ready for next season is no good for us now.

TomRad85

Last comment as you would prefer to dig a massive hole than admit anything or at least just go quiet on the subject.

Having a pop? You have gone for my jugular for me pointing out you're sure we have a Replacement for O'Hare ready for 5m yet make out you haven't.
You said I "chat shite as usual" because you struggle to comprehend a couple of sentences of basic English you donut. The fact you're still struggling is doing you no favours, I don't need to expand further as most people here can read.

Astute

You said I "chat shite as usual" because you struggle to comprehend a couple of sentences of basic English you donut. The fact you're still struggling is doing you no favours, I don't need to expand further as most people here can read.

Last comment to you.

Explain your guaranteed replacement for 5m this window. Not a replacement maybe ready for next season.

You haven't tried explaining anything.

TomRad85

Last comment to you.

Explain your guaranteed replacement for 5m this window. Not a replacement maybe ready for next season.

Fucking hell mate...

Darth Robins

Last comment to you.

Explain where he said the replacement would be ready in this window? You've made that bit up yourself and are getting mad at him for it.

Astute

I think we're different, guarantee we have someone lined up to replace O'Hare and we'd try and pull the trigger immediately if £5 million came in
So we're different and he guarantees we have someone lined up?

Ready to pull the trigger immediately?

TomRad85

I used to think some people were a bit harsh on Astute but fuck me when you interact with him.. what a frustrating poster.

Users who are viewing this thread