Championship thread 23/24 (12 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

FFS Leeds last 3 and Leicester and Ipswich last 2 have a total of 2 points between them.

SkyblueTexan

Looks like our victory over Leeds has thrown their campaign off course just like our victory vs Leicester in Jan.

Evo1883

If we don't make them, I fancy west brom to win the playoffs, just a gritty team that gets results

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Looks like our victory over Leeds has thrown their campaign off course just like our victory vs Leicester in Jan.

Don't mention Cardiff, whoops I just did. 😱

Tommo1993

If we don't make them, I fancy west brom to win the playoffs, just a gritty team that gets results

Been thinking about this. Of the current 3rd-6th, none of them are particularly standout. Leeds have it on paper, but you know the old saying.

Sky Blue Harry H

Fair play to Szmodics - had a very good game. Works very hard and a good finisher. Takes another team away from the relegation zone. Automatics plus relegation are mental this season.

Terry Gibson's perm

Stoke downwards look to be the ones in the fight any of them down there lose the next couple and they could be about done

Sandgroper Skybluel

Is their a more delusional fan base than Leeds (maybe Newcastle)so good seeing them heads in hands in the stands. Fair play Blackburn Fadz would of loved that, Szmodics is class surely a promoted team takes a punt on him.

Sick Boy

Leicester will probably end up finishing second, despite being a bunch of bottlers and having an incompetent manager.

Diogenes

Premier league bottlers - love to see it.

Leicester will just make it unfortunately, it's a shame there's not a few more games left to let saints catch up.

Sky Blue Harry H

The atmosphere at Leeds (or rather the lack of it, due to tension) was palpable. Blackburn outsinging them - now that's embarrassing. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Ipswich not win today. I don't want Leeds, Leicester or Southampton in our division next season (assuming we don't go up). but will also enjoy a lot of pleasure if they do fail. I hate Russell Martin, and it would be typical him to fail at Southampton and still walk out on them for Brighton. Don't like his - 'nothing is ever my fault' attitude. Keeps rising through the leagues despite achieving sweet fa.

covcity4life

Late goal from Norwich probs kills us now. IF we beat hull it keeps us alive on a week to week basis at least.

For me soton are better than Leicester and Leeds just not consistent. Would like them to get promoted of we don't make it so they are gone from league.

Brighton Sky Blue

Late goal from Norwich probs kills us now. IF we beat hull it keeps us alive on a week to week basis at least.

For me soton are better than Leicester and Leeds just not consistent. Would like them to get promoted of we don't make it so they are gone from league.
Thing is now West Brom are stuttering quite a bit. Pity we couldn't be arsed today.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's pretty much done. We're not good enough probably this season

But like I said if we win next Tuesday it keeps us alive and you never know.

Just hope we don't have an embarrassing day at wembley now
If the players really were just throwing this week's games to protect themselves for Wembley then they'd best turn in one heck of a game to justify it.

shepardo01

Right - after that today, I'm fuming and gutted at that gutless performance.
Taking next week out of the equation, the only glimmer of hope for me now this season is if West Brom fuck their last 3 games and drop out of the play-offs.... (some people are aware of my fair weather, glory hunting, clueless West Brom supporting in-laws who half the time don't know who they are playing!)
Unfortunately that probably means we'll have to lose to Hull.

bigfatronssba

I'm taking great pleasure in watching PNE get battered after all the times they beat us

SkyBlueSoul

I'll admit I'm enjoying seeing Preston 3-0 down after half an hour

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

This could be any score Southampton want, I hope robins is watching how you play against Preston.

Users who are viewing this thread