Championship Standard Players (1 Viewer)

SBT

Question Is which players do we need to build a team around.

Definately

Godden
Kelly
O’Hare
Dabo
Eccles
Hamer
Ostigard

Possibly

Pask
Rose
Walker
Hyam
McCallum
Sheaf
Marosi

I think we need a lot more from Eccles before we start talking about him as someone you build a team around. And as much as I love the guy, I'm not sure Dabo is definitely up to scratch in this league either.

shmmeee

I think we need a lot more from Eccles before we start talking about him as someone you build a team around. And as much as I love the guy, I'm not sure Dabo is definitely up to scratch in this league either.

Im giving Dabo the benefit of the doubt considering his injuries, same with Rose, but neither have shown anything other than flashes that suggest they’re up to the standard we need this season.

Very few are TBF, Hamer in 2020? Yes, Hamer in 2021? No. Østigård not ours. Serious question marks over Goddens pace at this level and Kelly’s technical ability.

So O’Hare basically. I think of those that are ours Sheaf and Walker have potential. Dabo, Rose and Hamer possibly. The rest meh.

AlansEyes

I do worry slightly about next year (assuming we stay up!) in that this year we have had Sheff Wed with their points deduction and the other newly promoted sides having small budgets. If Rotherham and Wycombe go down this year and Hull, Sunderland and Peterborough (teams all likely to have far larger budgets than us) come up then it could be another tough year.

SBAndy

Striker Ike Ugbo on loan from Chelsea, has been playing in the Belgian league this season and has scored 10 in 15.

13 in 30 actually. Slowed down quite considerably since January kinda time. Was actually looking at his stats yesterday and saw Chelsea turned down £3m for him in the January window.

Brighton Sky Blue

I do worry slightly about next year (assuming we stay up!) in that this year we have had Sheff Wed with their points deduction and the other newly promoted sides having small budgets. If Rotherham and Wycombe go down this year and Hull, Sunderland and Peterborough (teams all likely to have far larger budgets than us) come up then it could be another tough year.

As we can see from the sides around us, budgets aren't everything and you can count on at least a few wasting theirs. Does mean we need to be a lot more prudent about how we use what we've got.

shmmeee

Striker Ike Ugbo on loan from Chelsea, has been playing in the Belgian league this season and has scored 10 in 15.

Looked at him last summer apparently so on our radar.

TomRad85

Looked at him last summer apparently so on our radar.

Hopefully he'd be as successful as his fellow overseas signing, Fankaty Dabo.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Frostie

Still sign free agents though if he’s arranged a release from his current deal

Would have to have been a free agent during the open window though. If we were to release Kasta (for example) now he wouldn't be able to join another club until the window reopens.

Still a bit unclear anyway, it's only an unofficial Cork City podcast who are claiming it's done.
They speak very highly of him though.

chiefdave

Would have to have been a free agent during the open window though. If we were to release Kasta (for example) now he wouldn't be able to join another club until the window reopens.

Still a bit unclear anyway, it's only an unofficial Cork City podcast who are claiming it's done.
They speak very highly of him though.

He's on twitter so that's a good start, now to see if he smiles in his signing photo before we decide if we're writing him off or not.

Otis

Hopefully he'd be as successful as his fellow overseas signing, Fankaty Dabo.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I wonder if that's why Dabo has been struggling, what with having the poor grasp of English and then trying to fit in, in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread