Championship match thread (2 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 4439

So would I but again its not really my point. Rotherham are playing better than us, they look more of a threat than us, they look less shaky at the back than us. Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Rotherham have played
- wycombe
- birmingham
- millwall (drew)
- forest
- reading (lost 3-0)
- norwich (lost at home)
- huddlesfield
- sheff wed

Our first game was against Bristol, and by the end of October we will have played
- bournemouth
- brentford
- swansea
- blackburn
- middlesbourgh
- reading

Rotherham have 4 pts more than us. I don't see anything on paper that says they are playing better than us, relatively speaking.

My concern is as others have said, the need to regain confidence following the toughest of starts against top-flight champ teams, and who had not had the forced break that the likes of Rotherham and City have had.

What on earth are people expecting from MR and the team on our budget?

AFCCOVENTRY

Team confidence is very low. We’ve gone from champion winning team to taking a beating. Players need to grow up quick and realise what the battle is this year. They need to fight and have no fear.

TomRad85

I don't disagree with that but as I said there are other factors & against superior opposition we can't always be on the front foot.

Look at Leicester's gameplan vs Arsenal on Sunday, they played without a recognised striker & literally sat back & defended until bringing Vardy on - Rodgers was hailed a genius.

I actually think tactically we were ok on Tuesday night, we defended well for 80 minutes & were gradually looking stronger as the game wore on. The problem is the service into Godden was poor & the 2 CAMs both had poor games as well. Walker would have been a better fit than Godden but wasn't fit enough to play more than a bit part. Personally I'd have played Baka but there we go...
Had we not made a colossal fuck up with the poor offside line we could easily have come away with a 0-1 ourselves or at least the 0-0 which would be a good result. Fine margins.

The thing that encourages me is that whilst we haven't been anywhere near our best we were comfortably a match for QPR, Swansea & Bristol City & could easily have won against the latter 2 & have another 5 points on the board. Again, fine margins.

If we can find form (yes it's a big if) I'm positive we'll be ok - let's not get ahead of ourselves with the doom & gloom.
Believe it or not I am of the belief we'll turn it around and hit the holy grail of 4th from bottom, its just it won't be done playing like this.

Brighton Sky Blue

That is a fair point. I also really do think the players could with some fans in the stands now. Let's face it, we're not winning away anyway so that won't matter. Need to get some support behind them at St Andrews.

Without COVID and at the Ricoh we'd be 15-20k a week, more than that for bigger games. This is a Trainspotting toilet's worth of shit in comparison

Londonccfcfan

Wycombe win. That win has been coming for weeks. They actually been playing very well and have been unlucky not be on more points.

There are absolutely no easy games in this league.

TomRad85

Most the shittier teams did well today. Bit of a shame.

Barnsley

surely if they didn't have a shot on target then their build up lay was ineffective?
Their wasn’t a minute of the game that I wasn’t shitting myself. They looked quality up to the final third. Quickly moving the ball about but we defended brilliantly from front to back. A quality strike won the game.

Brighton Sky Blue

best league in the world for me, but it can be sole destroying if you’re not very good. This season more so with the fixture congestion.

It was both a good and a bad year to get promoted into it. We really could have done with some competitive games between March and September.

Brighton Sky Blue

Their wasn’t a minute of the game that I wasn’t shitting myself. They looked quality up to the final third. Quickly moving the ball about but we defended brilliantly from front to back. A quality strike won the game.

Agreed cracking goal though they missed a sitter from a corner

Users who are viewing this thread