Championship incomings 2021-22 Summer window (1 Viewer)

Winny the Bish

Forest are trying to sign Lee Buchanan from Derby. Sneaky bastards. Would love him as a permanent LWB signing.

Frostie

Just seen Barnsley have signed Obbi Oulare, that’s a good dike replacement.

On paper yeah, fits the mould really well & although not prolific he has all the attributes you'd look for.
Huge question mark over how he adapts after having a nightmare time at Watford & admitting he was homesick etc. but that's the kind of gamble clubs like them & us have to take to compete. Signing him on a free when Watford paid around £6m 6 years ago is probably a chance worth taking.

mark82

On paper yeah, fits the mould really well & although not prolific he has all the attributes you'd look for.
Huge question mark over how he adapts after having a nightmare time at Watford & admitting he was homesick etc. but that's the kind of gamble clubs like them & us have to take to compete. Signing him on a free when Watford paid around £6m 6 years ago is probably a chance worth taking.

If he was homesick near London, I'd imagine Barnsley may be a culture shock.

Barnsley

Going to take up a sizeable amount of our wage budget, his lack of game time experience at 25 is a worry, as is his goal scoring record.

Alkhen

Bit of a coup for Sheff Wednesday down in League 1 they have just got Ex Leeds Goalkeeper Bailey Peacock-Farrell on loan. Would have happily taken him

Frostie

Bit of a coup for Sheff Wednesday down in League 1 they have just got Ex Leeds Goalkeeper Bailey Peacock-Farrell on loan. Would have happily taken him

Burnley were asking for a £300k loan fee... How have they managed that?

Lewis Wing is a good signing too.

Winny the Bish

Posh have just splashed a rumoured £1.5m on Exeter’s Joel Randall. Another good player after already getting Jorge Grant, Josh Knight, Kwame Poku and Tomlinson.

Really clear plan of signing top young EFL talent.

Alkhen

Posh have just splashed a rumoured £1.5m on Exeter’s Joel Randall. Another good player after already getting Jorge Grant, Josh Knight, Kwame Poku and Tomlinson.

Really clear plan of signing top young EFL talent.

Got to be commended, brave. Could work out really well... but also could go tits up and be lumbered with a team of Omar Bogels & Mo Eisas

higgs

Celtic signed James McCarthy and Joe Hart can't see them challenging rangers this season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Alkhen

Just seen James Garner, has been linked to Swansea although it looks like Sheff United are front of the queue.

All the more annoying when you see Walsh didn't get in their squad last weekend and they are still wanting to add more to their midfield.

Don't really know what my point is as we can't compete financially I know we are lowly in comparison but either of those players would be key for us.

procdoc

Just seen James Garner, has been linked to Swansea although it looks like Sheff United are front of the queue.

All the more annoying when you see Walsh didn't get in their squad last weekend and they are still wanting to add more to their midfield.

Don't really know what my point is as we can't compete financially I know we are lowly in comparison but either of those players would be key for us.
Walsh was injured

Liquid Gold

Walsh was injured
But I guess the point is that they could field 2 midfielders and a bench without him last weekend and are adding another in his position.

It’s frustrating that we can’t compete financially with teams for players we’d have as starters and they want for the squad and it’s frustrating that the players are looking for the extra wedge instead of a starting place.

procdoc

But I guess the point is that they could field 2 midfielders and a bench without him last weekend and are adding another in his position.

It’s frustrating that we can’t compete financially with teams for players we’d have as starters and they want for the squad and it’s frustrating that the players are looking for the extra wedge instead of a starting place.
Yeah true. I think was he not injured he’d have been involved

Hobo

If we had spent £1.5m on a player whos played 18 games in League 2 I'm sure there would be uproar on here.

It is like one of the main posters on here slagging off young players if they aren't finished articles by the time they are 22 - yet points out McFadz didnt really play professional league football until he was 25 😂

rexo87

This should be complete now.

Best window - QPR although if the late foreign signings come off Middlesbrough could be a good shout.

Worst window - can’t look much further than Derby although Blackburn are up there considering they lost Armstrong as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SleepyGinger

This should be complete now.

Best window - QPR although if the late foreign signings come off Middlesbrough could be a good shout.

Worst window - can’t look much further than Derby although Blackburn are up there considering they lost Armstrong as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blackburn done OK at the end of the window, brought in some good prem loans and Tayo Edun was a good signing.
I think Swansea have had a poor window and look significantly worse than last year.

Users who are viewing this thread