Championship Attendances (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Not really an issue when we are on Sky...as they just have about dozen more cameras all around the stadium.

But agree there should definitely be alternative fixed cameras for general footage. Would really give a better indication of actually how full the stadium is.

Hobo

Re cameras. Surely they could put one in the South stand void area between home and away.

Good view behind that goal and they could at least pan and get some perspective of where most the fans are?

How much of this is down to the venue or the broadcasters?

shmmeee

I wish they could do something about switching the TV cameras to the other side of the pitch. It not only looks shite on TV, it makes potentially new supporters think the place is empty, lacking any atmosphere and not worth the visit.

But then how would they do long lingering shots of the subs bench and exec box?

Flying Fokker

We have always had really good vocal support - even if smothered by the accoustics of the West End. Plus a good healthy vocal away support.

It went dire at the Ricoh when everyone was spread out. Improved since we have restricted it to the East Stand for atmosphere.

Despite all the tooing and froing
from Coventry we have always been a 14000 to 23000 home crowd. Yes of course we can pull more on a good day on a good run.

But that is my experience from actually attending games regularly since about 1974.

0-0 Derby County FA Cup. Energy crisis firstsunday game in the ‘modern era’. 40038?

Flying Fokker

There is some scaffolding which provides a platform. The problem with the other side is that it would have to go in the upper tier where there are full height windows for the executive lounges and would restrict the view. The other option would be to possibly fit a gantry above the windows, but it would need ladders to access which again would restrict the view.
Depends where you put the entrance to the gantry😬

pusbccfc

pusbccfc

Didn’t you say 14k for today?

No I didn't. Pretty much what I expected. 15,800 home fans is okay, but I'd like to think it will improve.

Hard to call Tuesday. Cheaper tickets but on sky. I'd hope a similar number of home fans as today.

Fulham will drop off though. Small away following, poor kick off time, sky and £30.

Evo1883

Felt like the attendance was higher than 18500 today .

Don't mind the club doing a tax fiddle but don't tell me there was almost as many home fans against Reading..not having it

pusbccfc

Felt like the attendance was higher than 18500 today .

Don't mind the club doing a tax fiddle but don't tell me there was almost as many home fans against Reading..not having it

Thought the same until I saw the pictures from Middlesbrough end.

Liquid Gold

We all have a laugh about Sunderland but they have the best support outside the Prem by some way.
By numbers yes. A lot of them turn up but they don't do much supporting of the team. It seems pretty toxic there most of the time.

I'm surprised that Burge and Willis went there as they're both confidence players that don't respond well when the crowd is on their back.

Londonccfcfan

Would be nice if we could claim 4th place on this by the end of the season. Still maintain 18k is a decent result mind.

If we can maintain a push for play offs stay around top 8/10 then maybe we can keep the average at 18500, cant really see us averaging close to 21k which was the record average first season at Ricoh.

Unless we maintain automatic push.

shmmeee

If we can maintain a push for play offs stay around top 8/10 then maybe we can keep the average at 18500, cant really see us averaging close to 21k which was the record average first season at Ricoh.

Unless we maintain automatic push.

Yeah it would mean staying top six all season really.

What’s our lowest attendance so far?

Users who are viewing this thread