Championship 22-23 (6 Viewers)

Colesy55

Luton will not want to lose third place and we need Luton to win against Blackburn. A win against Blackburn for them would mean Middlesbrough are staying in 4th regardless of their final 2 results they cant get into 3rd and cannot drop to 5th.

Coventry need to focus on winning. If Blackburn and Millwall both win this weekend anything less that 3 points for either team is not enough.
What’s the advantage in Luton finishing 3rd ? Can see them resting players Monday against Blackburn!

slowpoke

What’s the advantage in Luton finishing 3rd ? Can see them resting players Monday against Blackburn!
If they finish third they play whoever finishes sixth, I’m sure they will be conservative with their better players. They might be happy to play Blackburn over two legs, nice position to be in.

slowpoke

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but Blackburn have just been dealt a blow (aside from their form), the injury Tyler Morton picked up against PNE at the weekend and kept him out last night is a fracture which he’s had surgery on so his season is over. Pretty sure we can write Blackburn out of contention. From the highlights I’ve seen Norwich are awful (especially at the weekend, they looked like the fabled team on the beach already) and their league place flatters to deceive. Tonight’s a big night for WBA, loose tonight and I think their heads will go down and that’s them for the season. Milwalls current form ain’t good but I wouldn’t write them off just yet and neither would I Swansea based on their current form. I think PNE goal difference will scupper them even if they improve their current form which leaves Sunderland. If we win on Saturday I don’t think Middlesbrough will fancy running the risk of adding a local derby over the two legs into the mix, coupled with they might want to rest or not risk key players on the final day which you would think would be to our benefit. Squeaky bum time but we could all be confirmed in the playoffs at the weekend. There is of course a scenario where we go into the final game needing the 3 points, Swanseas form continues so we end up fighting for the last place on the final day, Middlesbrough field a rested team getting us the 3 points meaning Sunderland miss out. Throw in a delayed kickoff for crowd congestion and last minute goal to get the three points and Sunderland fans would go into meltdown. Almost too perfect but I’d prefer we tied it up on Saturday with other results going our way.
Going to stick my neck out and say Swansea are dark horses, they need a result at Hull Saturday though.

The Philosopher

Just looking at the Cardiff v Rotherham match and their run in fixture list to see if we had a preference for tonight.

Only thing I can see is that Rotherham have Middlesbrough before us so we want Rotherham fired up and fighting and softening Middlesbrough up? Rotherham have Wigan after which may be a decider.

Cardiff win keeps Rotherham scrapping.

It’s a bad state of affairs when we are picking sides in a relegation fight that has ostensibly nothing to do with us

Edit: CCFC supporter tonight. Kinda ok.

Johhny Blue

Just looking at the Cardiff v Rotherham match and their run in fixture list to see if we had a preference for tonight.

Only thing I can see is that Rotherham have Middlesbrough before us so we want Rotherham fired up and fighting and softening Middlesbrough up? Rotherham have Wigan after which may be a decider.

It’s a bad state of affairs when we are picking sides in a relegation fight that has ostensibly nothing to do with us

Thanks. I was looking forward to a day off. Now I’m terrified of a Rotherham win.

Brighton Sky Blue

I would just enjoy it as a neutral and then go back to being a nervous mess watching Millwall tomorrow

shmmeee

If Millwall or Sunderland drop points this weekend I’ll really start to believe it’s our year.

steve cooper

Blackpool have a realistic chance of staying up if they beat Millwall. That should give them enough incentive, and they have won 2 of their last 3

curly_tom

My Millwall fried is absolutely convinced that they won't get another point this season. He says they have completely gone off the boil. I hope he's right.

Brighton Sky Blue

Losing Gyokores might prompt a change of shape (depends who we replace him with) but otherwise it would be a case of trying to coach the defensive side of the game into him which might not be the best idea i suppose.
You could use him as a very aggressive wing back but I'm not sure even that plays to his strengths. His crossing was impressive last night anyway

The Philosopher

Blackpool have a realistic chance of staying up if they beat Millwall. That should give them enough incentive, and they have won 2 of their last 3
Rotherham losing last night gave them a bit of extra hope. That’s another team in theoretical range for them (a draw would have left a 6 point gap with a big GD to chase)

C’mon Blackpool

robbiethemole

Reports of Sheffield Utd takeover falling through with the Nigerian guy pulling out and wanting his money back. He’s paid millions in to keep them going and pay the tax man as an exclusivity deal, but if he pulls out, will they have gained an unfair advantage to getting promoted?
Will other clubs claim they wouldn’t have got promoted without those funds

Sky Blue Pete

Reports of Sheffield Utd takeover falling through with the Nigerian guy pulling out and wanting his money back. He’s paid millions in to keep them going and pay the tax man as an exclusivity deal, but if he pulls out, will they have gained an unfair advantage to getting promoted?
Won’t matter they will be under premier league rules so they’ll be treated like wolves were as bloody heroes

The Philosopher

I’ll try to find out what’s happening there - I’ve got some staff who have a bit of low level inside intel.

There’ll be others who will no doubt jump in to bail out SUFC now that they have “guaranteed” prem income for a bit. It’s a nice thought that they could have a points deduction though (and while I remember, didn’t they sue West Ham for something vaguely along those lines years ago?

Grendel

Going to stick my neck out and say Swansea are dark horses, they need a result at Hull Saturday though.

Hardly any chance - in fact realistically their only chance is if we only get one point from our next two and even then they won’t do it

Terry Gibson's perm

Dozy Mmobuosi imagine that message came through a Nigerian billionaire has money to invest.

JAM See

Somebody's going to have their chips pissed on in the next 24 hours.

Just hope it's not us.

3-1.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Users who are viewing this thread