Championship 22-23 (7 Viewers)

Grendel

Adrian Durham on talksport is giving Burnley some stick saying he can see them dropping again.

That’s settled then. Robbie savage is the thinking man’s Adrian Durham

Evo1883

Dyche has got them up out of this league before after relegation , if be more worried if he was still in charge about the possibility of facing them

Greggs

Not going to pick the dog shit up in my garden between now and when we play the mutants at home. Spend all of that morning picking it up in poo bags and sell them for a quid a bag before the game.

lordy_87

Not going to pick the dog shit up in my garden between now and when we play the mutants at home. Spend all of that morning picking it up in poo bags and sell them for a quid a bag before the game.
Then proceed to 'hoy it' all over them

Gint11

They think they’ll walk into the playoffs. 😂😂😂😂😂 deluded

Tommo1993

Tbh I wouldn’t mind the fan base. Numbers wise, that is. They’re probably as likely as us

SlowerThanPlatt

It’s not that ridiculous really, they’ve got some decent players and a manager already will invest and the largest crowds in the division. Us and Luton are examples of what you can do with some continuity and smart investment

SleepyGinger

I think their current team would be way off. Likes of Batth, Wright and Evans only play for Sunderland because a championship didn’t want them. They do however have the money to improve

mark82

It’s not that ridiculous really, they’ve got some decent players and a manager already will invest and the largest crowds in the division. Us and Luton are examples of what you can do with some continuity and smart investment

Agree. They'll spend money. Certainly won't breeze it but equally doubt they'll be fighting relegation.

lifeskyblue

Would be surprised to see them pushing for playoff place but equally can’t see them fighting relegation. With the fans, manager and investment should have a comfortable mid table finish. The following year I expect them to be hovering about the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Their issue will be if the fans can stay content enough for them to bob around in lower mid-table for a season of consolidation. They are very much an all or nothing fanbase and will want to be challenging. If they end up getting rowdy then Neil could get the sack and then you end up with no continuity.

kg82

Will they though? They have an excellent manager in Alex Neil, a billionaire owner and the biggest fanbase in the division.

They'll be fine.
Think their ownership is really complicated, isn’t it, from what I’ve heard? The two that were in charge before are still technically majority shareholders. Mind you, I heard all this off a Geordie, so it might be wishful thinking!

KenilworthSkyBlue

Think their ownership is really complicated, isn’t it, from what I’ve heard? The two that were in charge before are still technically majority shareholders. Mind you, I heard all this off a Geordie, so it might be wishful thinking!

Well I think it's more of a case that the new 'owner' doesn't have as much of a controlling stake as Sunderland fans were led to believe.

So it's complicated in terms of who's really making the decisions behind the scenes.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Sunderland will be fine. They’re a massive club, they’ll easily attract decent players and with the money the fan base will bring in alone I’d hazard a guess they’ll be closer to the top 6 than the bottom 3

Saddlebrains

Its about time Birmingham got relegated

Theyve been shit for years and got away with it, can see them finally going

Early 3 for me Birmingham, Reading, Blackpool (will have second season syndrome I think)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Bristol City, Birmingham, Reading, Rotherham, Wigan will all be at risk next season I'd imagine.

Having Wycombe in the Championship is completely pointless.
I’m thinking Bristol and Birmingham are in trouble. reading and Wigan for me I can’t work out. Reading have effectively got a clean slate so Ince can bring in what he wants. That being said I’m unsure about him, Wigan have a bit of mementum

SlowerThanPlatt

Bristol City joint second favourites to go down. Norwich even money for a top 6 finish seems overly generous, unlike the other clubs coming down they’re stable and can’t see them bombing

Last edited:

KenilworthSkyBlue

I’m thinking Bristol and Birmingham are in trouble. reading and Wigan for me I can’t work out. Reading have effectively got a clean slate so Ince can bring in what he wants. That being said I’m unsure about him, Wigan have a bit of mementum

Ince is a poor manager and losing Swift is a pretty substantial loss. They've appointed a new Director of Recruitment as I'd imagine they realised that if they have a poor window then they're likely to be in for a long season. Whether he'll make a significant difference remains to be seen though.

Wigan reminds me a bit of Peterborough the year they went up - decent players for League 1 but whether they're good enough to make the step up is another matter.

Rotherham, Bristol and Birmingham are the one's are probably most likely to go down though.

Last edited:

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Ince is a poor manager and losing Swift is a pretty substantial loss. They've appointed a new Director of Recruitment as I'd imagine they realised that if they have a poor window then they're likely to be in for a long season. Whether he'll make a significant difference remains to be seen though.

Wigan reminds me a bit of Peterborough the year they went up - decent players for League 1 but whether they're good enough to make the step up is another matter.

Birmingham, Bristol and Birmingham are the one's are probably most likely to go down though.
Reading depends a lot on Joao though, if he’s still there and scoring they’ll be ok.

Liquid Gold

Birmingham, Bristol and Birmingham are the one's are probably most likely to go down though.
I don’t think Blues can go down twice mate

Users who are viewing this thread