Chairman - Potentialy 5 years! (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

CWR Northampton Chairman says CCFC could potentially ground share for 5 years.

Otis

What a surprise.

Financial expert on CWR this morning saying what we all already suspected. No way can CCFC plan, design and build a new stadium in 3 years.

Dhinsa's_Millions

This doesn't surprise me either.

I still think SISU have more to lose by liquidating than selling up during a prolonged absence from Coventry - I think this is the best option - starve them out of Northampton and make them sell.

Its a painful process but its got to be done and the fans must stick together at these times!Why not go to away games to supports the players just dont give a cent to those vultures even if you hate ACL equally it makes no sense to give SISU money - they will sell!!!

Delboycov

What a surprise.

Financial expert on CWR this morning saying what we all already suspected. No way can CCFC plan, design and build a new stadium in 3 years.

Anyone with half a brain realised that Otis...I know you've been saying since this was announced it won't be 3 years as I have...been shouted down by some for it though as 'scaremongering'. I would say 5-7 years at least and even then I think because of planning permission objections and constraints, any new ground...if it is eventually built...will not be built "near Coventry" at all.

skyblueman

New stadium my arse - it's just the last roll of the dice for SISU - they are just trying to distress ACL to get back at the Ricoh on their terms - on the cheap - they are obviously convinced ACL need CCFC to be viable and this stupid charade is just SISU trying to prove to ACL this plan is serious - it's just a con

ccfcway

New stadium my arse - it's just the last roll of the dice for SISU - they are just trying to distress ACL to get back at the Ricoh on their terms - on the cheap - they are obviously convinced ACL need CCFC to be viable and this stupid charade is just SISU trying to prove to ACL this plan is serious - it's just a con

Why have they signed a 3 year deal with Northampton, why not a rolling 1 year deal if they are trying to distress ACL ?

SunZoomSpark

City wont come to Cov unless SISU drive ACL out of the Ricoh....simple.....and if eventually they are forced back without that, it will be into a shithole like Sixfields........a tinpot ground built on a subsiding rubbish dump.....

Dhinsa's_Millions

In 5 years time.....

FL - 'So Coventry City could fulfil its fixtures for the 2018 / 19 season we will reluctantly allow them to construct the 6,000 seater stadium in Ashby De La Zouch, but as a one off only'

ccfcway

In 5 years time.....

FL - 'So Coventry City could fulfil its fixtures for the 2018 / 19 season we will reluctantly allow them to construct the 6,000 seater stadium in Ashby De La Zouch, but as a one off only'

I dont think NTFC fans get it at all. they wont need to do the above, SISU will get their hands on Sixfields !

skyblueman

Why have they signed a 3 year deal with Northampton, why not a rolling 1 year deal if they are trying to distress ACL ?

Maybe that was the minimum Northampton would go for - maybe just another part of the bluff - either way I doubt the money is all that much compared to the real prize of the Ricoh - besides it's not as if they are paying it all up front - if this doesn't work for SISU they will liquidate anyway so any future deal is worthless

Dhinsa's_Millions

I dont think NTFC fans get it at all. they wont need to do the above, SISU will get their hands on Sixfields !

That is a very good point. I can see that happening as anything is possible with SISU - I dread to think of the shady dealings that went on when we sold Highfield Road to George Wimpey and with the FL and FA reluctant to do anything and as NTFC are in financial struggles of their own a weak Chairman could easily let this happen!

chiefdave

I can see them going for Sixfields, apparently their owner is planning to sell up once the improvements have been done. No doubt the 2 clubs will then be merged. FL will claim they didn't want to do it but had no other choice.

J

Jack Griffin

CWR Northampton Chairman says CCFC could potentially ground share for 5 years.

No, that is the contract they've got 3 yrs + 2 yr option.

It in no way relates to the time taken to build a stadium, that will take a minimum of 5 years & I think is more likely to take 7 years plus given that it will be fought at every turn.

Building a new stadium is also a huge gamble for any potential investors, who in their right minds would back an organisation that have alienated 90% of their customers!

Users who are viewing this thread