CET: Nene park a potential new "home" (2 Viewers)

dongonzalos

ACL could take this the other way.

SISU are panicking that much that they are looking at unviable alternatives and trying pretend to the world that they are viable.

Personally I hope ACL stick with their far more than reasonable offer and SISU for the first time in these negiotiations actually negiotiate and meet them less than half way, and take the offer.

Personally I think TF has back fired with this one it is amateurish. I think it confirms to ACL if they font blink they will now get a deal.

It also shows ACL are right to discuss matters in the press.

Otis

ACL have to act in the best interest of the city of Coventry and not solely Coventry City.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Fair play to Sisu. They are just scaremongering ACL to offer us a better deal

Does it matter that - in doing so - they also scaremonger us, the fans?

There are many for whom their football and their team is a really important factor in their life. Those who maybe haven't got cars, who walk to the games, or use public transport. Those who have invested - within their comparative income - heavily on season tickets and for whom a 90-mile round trip is an impossibility. Does it matter what they think right now, so long as old floppy-hair gets what he wants?

Astute

I think that Rushden Sky Blues sounds good. Nearly as good as MK Dons. We also play better away from home so would be a good move :eek:

Mucca Mad Boys

ACL could take this the other way.

SISU are panicking that much that they are looking at unviable alternatives and trying pretend to the world that they are viable.

Personally I hope ACL stick with their far more than reasonable offer and SISU for the first time in these negiotiations actually negiotiate and meet them less than half way, and take the offer.

Personally I think TF has back fired with this one it is amateurish. I think it confirms to ACL if they font blink they will now get a deal.

It also shows ACL are right to discuss matters in the press.

It's a scare tactic, quite a good one, but realistically, if worst come to worst, we won't go some shitty stadium 45 miles away! How many fans will turn up? I couldn't, I don't drive (getting lessons for Christmas etc) I can't get there, it is financially unviable, and our fan base couldn't follow us. It is to show ACL, that if they continue charging us unfair rent, we will feck off.

On a side note, Richard Key said we would move out of the RICOH if ACL were unreasonable, and Keys, Hoffman and co. are supposed to be the heros here? Have some standards and criticise Hoff amd co. instead of just SISU

It certainly suggests ACL are in the wrong, not CCFC. I will give you it could've + should've been handled better, but it appears going renegade might work. Either way, if CCFC benefit, I don't really care.

Otis

I think that Rushden Sky Blues sounds good. Nearly as good as MK Dons. We also play better away from home so would be a good move :eek:

And no more confounded sky blue seats for the players to get in a muddle over.

Astute

And the few that only go to home games but have a go at stayaway fans that have to travel to games would shut up. All I can see is bonuses from a.move...

Delboycov

Personally I think this coming out is a huge own goal for shitsu and weakens their bargaining position because it highlights the lack of viable alternatives available. Smacks of desperation and will anger many of the 'customer' base that they need onside right now....Don't think it could/would happen but I wouldn't rule anything out where these clowns are concerned.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just a thought but for SISU to get their investors money back then the club has to stay at the Ricoh. They wont get the money back from the "profits" :facepalm: from playing at Nene Park. They need to get hold of the stadium to recoup their money. If they move out all ties between CCFC and Ricoh Arena will be severed. Doesnt seem to be a great plan to move out really?

Only way they could possibly keep any control would be to buy the loan from Yorkshire Bank (there is a market in such things) then engineer circumstances to call it in. Would cost them up to £15m (estimated balance on loan)to do that. That would be a concern for ACL but then perhaps ACL realise this and are taking steps to avoid it

Astute

Just a thought but for SISU to get their investors money back then the club has to stay at the Ricoh. They wont get the money back from the "profits" :facepalm: from playing at Nene Park. They need to get hold of the stadium to recoup their money. If they move out all ties between CCFC and Ricoh Arena will be severed. Doesnt seem to be a great plan to move out really?

Only way they could possibly keep any control would be to buy the loan from Yorkshire Bank (there is a market in such things) then engineer circumstances to call it in. Would cost them up to £15m (estimated balance on loan)to do that. That would be a concern for ACL but then perhaps ACL realise this and are taking steps to avoid it

Will you stop talking sense OSB :D

Otis

Here is where we can play. Right in the very home of the Sky Blues!

article-2202858-14FF304F000005DC-252_964x526.jpg article-2202858-14FF3054000005DC-562_964x526.jpg

Can even take your choice of pitches!!

Sky Blues

As Noggin (Welcome by the way! :wave: ) and OSB have pointed out, moving grounds does not stop the winding up order. But say for a minute it did happen...

I know little about what happened to Rushden, but reading this article (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14034978) it states they were "competitive in League 1" when the club's owner (the wealthy guy who also owns Dr Martens) decided "he could take Rushden & Diamonds no further with the club losing money every year." He handed the club and land over to a supporters trust but the financial problems continued to mount etc. The article makes no mention of the wage bill for Rushden and Diamonds in League 1, but I'll bet it wasn't at our level.

Anyway, the point is the previous owners of this ground found they could not sustain a League 1 club on home turf at Nene Park, so what makes Sisu think they can uproot a club 45 miles and achieve that?

Last edited:

Astute

As we are in Div 3 they could take seats out. If they took most of the seats out we would be able to get more fans in than we would need. That would be brill as we could stand up at home as well as most games away. Then as we get promoted we could keep the terraces for a few seasons.

Best plan they have come up with since they took us over.

Noggin

and yet the CT doesnt question whether it is actually viable ? :thinking about::facepalm: More bluster spin and deception from TF & co. There is taking a bargaining position (fair thing to do ) and there is bullshit (which this is )

Thats the thing that really annoys me, why on earth do we not have a local media both CWR and the CET who will do their jobs properly and call out anyone involved who is speaking nonsence.

Astute

Surely there is better grounds than Nene Park.........JESUS CHRIST !!!

We would still have one of the better grounds in Div 3 :D

We would also join Grimsby in being a club that plays in a different town to where the club belongs :)

Hulb

OSB, firstly thanks for all your posts. A great help to those of us lacking in financial knowledge.
Not sure the income from Nene Park is of much relevance in this instance. Yes if we do move on a temporary basis then income is likely to be down.
However, SISU are getting tough with ACL and you cant help wondering if they are intent on destroying them with a view to obtaining the Ricoh for next to nothing.
SISU are a hedge fund and know all about taking companies apart and avoiding liabilities.
I'm sure they have already worked out how to avoid paying the outstanding rent.
These companies know all about legal loopholes.
SISU are big league and you suspect ACL who might posture a bit are in for a bumpy ride.
Our club and its survival has nothing to do with this it is all about money.
I hope they do reach a compromise and we can continue at the Ricoh.
Isnt it typical when things are starting to move in the right direction on the pitch all this rears its ugly head yet again.
If we do end up at Nene Park temporarly I suspect we will only go back to the Ricoh with rent set at £170k pa and no rent arrears to pay.

Ashdown1

This stance? The stance that has forced ACL to make many concessions? Their 1st offer was 400k with other concessions, we on track for further concessions... Glad you aren't part of the negotiating! :thinking about: :whistle: :facepalm:

Yes I agree about the initial insistence on negotiation but that was prior to the court order and now a deadline. Its now time to be realistic if they actually want to complete a deal.

skyblueman

Not a chance this will EVER happen - chill out - there is NO WAY SISU will move out of the Ricoh - THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otis

Not a chance this will EVER happen - chill out - there is NO WAY SISU will move out of the Ricoh - THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what they want? Or are you saying that, that is what they want, but only in terms of their wanting us to believe in their thinking that, that is what they want. Do we want to believe that? Do we think we want to believe that?

skyblueman

That's what they want? Or are you saying that, that is what they want, but only in terms of their wanting us to believe in their thinking that, that is what they want. Do we want to believe that? Do we think we want to believe that?

Honestly it's so ridiculous I can't see how they would think anyone would think SISU would move CCFC there - it's just spin and bad spin at that

Senior Vick from Alicante

This will not happen so chill out all. It does go to show though that SISU is thinking about SISU and not the fans, thinking about Coventry City as Fisher so often alludes to can now be called SISUEES. This language translated as "Thinking about Coventry City" means "Joys going to kick my arese if I loose her any more money. "Safegaurding the futre of our club" means "If joys boys loose any moore money they will kill me so I must limit any future loses" and so forth. As ever SISU 1st ACL, CCFC and the fans in any order behind us but this will depend on who we need to butter up this week. Sick of the bollocks being spouted just wish I had the moey to buy them out.:jerkit:

Godiva

I must have misplaced my accabus so could anybody be willing to make an estimate of what the average gate should be if moving to Nene Park would be a financial better choice than staying at the Ricoh (using the latest offer from ACL)?

Grendel

Tickets for Tranmere at the Ricoh also now gone on sale -- 15th January......

Users who are viewing this thread