CET: Men at the top must take responsibility for Coventry City's failure (2 Viewers)

Sick Boy

This article actually mirrors my opinion on why it's gone wrong since SISU took control. I'd be interested to know who told him the stories about OI though - very amusing, if you can call it that given it was our club he was running!

Haven't you backed SISU for the majority of their reign at the club?

wingy

Nobody has suggested they are blameless. I don't think they've covered themselves in glory and most here rightly have criticised them for the way they handled Thorn's sacking and hiring the new man. It's Thorn escaping any criticism which I find difficult to understand on your part.
I'd wager that they've been left in the lurch ,cleaning up the kneejerk actions of Joy since she's been Hands On" .That sacking and the way it was conducted has got her prints all over it !!

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd wager that they've been left in the lurch ,cleaning up the kneejerk actions of Joy since she's been Hands On" .That sacking and the way it was conducted has got her prints all over it !!

Robins has seen more of Sepalla in a week than we have in 5 years!

SkyBlue_Bear83

There biggest mistake so far has been the cock up of the timing of sacking Thorn and having Shaw take charge whilst they had no clue as to who was going to take over
It should have been done before pre season or after 10 games if needs be

I don't trust Fisher and Waggott but I think they have had a very hard job of building bridges, trust and cleaning up the mess Duleiu, Brody and co. have made

As someone has said it is likely the sacking was a direct decision from Joyless

dongonzalos

Robins has seen more of Sepalla in a week than we have in 5 years!

Very good point well made......

And the players, which coinciding with sacking the manager who weeks before brought them to club. May just at a rough guess be slightly responsible for the last 4 games.

Would be interesting to know which date joy addressed the players to tell them what is expected from them.

dongonzalos

THE people in charge of Coventry City have to take the brunt of responsibility for the state of disarray in the dressing room right now.

Scapegoat Andy Thorn must be watching from afar absolutely aghast at results and performances since he was prematurely jettisoned after his side logged three draws in their opening three League One games

Whatever your view on Thorn, the Sky Blues were finding their feet after so many new arrivals and showing signs of a more than capable side in their new division.

There are – with the exception of Tuesday night’s horror show at Shrewsbury – fine lines between success and failure in football and that was certainly the case in the first three fixtures when a point a game was deemed unacceptable by the powers that be.

But the first-half battering of Bury and thoroughly uplifting 90 minutes against Birmingham prove that there is a good team in there somewhere. And for one night, at least, it looked as if Richard Shaw was going to develop that early season work-in-progress and bring out the best in the players.

The fact that he – another hugely popular figure with the players – has failed, the fact that the players suddenly look like the life has been sucked out of them in his four league matches as caretaker shows that the squad has been seriously de-railed and left bereft of direction and focus by the shock change of manager. And for that, the men at the top are answerable.

One who has deserted the sinking ship or, more accurately, made to walk the plank is former director Onye Igwe.

He is the man who held the Sisu pursestrings from the day the owners rode into town in December 2007. He is the one who continually rebuffed the advice of Ray Ranson, the one person with expert football knowledge who was brought in to run the football side of the business and who had a clear vision for taking the club forward.

The problem was that Igwe and Ranson weren’t on the same page. They may have shared the same ideals but when it came to the crunch Sisu’s front-of-house man appeared too wrapped up in recouping some of the investment – latest figures to date, we are told, being a staggering £42million and very little to show for it – with the sales of Scott Dann and Danny Fox, rather than looking at the bigger picture and building a squad fit for Premier League purpose.

And that is why Ranson (coincidentally at Greenhous Meadow on Tuesday night) ended up leaving because he was so hamstrung by Igwe that he simply couldn’t do what he set out to do. He couldn’t sign players he’d identified, the likes of Jack Cork, Jordan Henderson and Andy Carroll to name just three the club had an option to pick up on the cheap.

Instead his prudent housekeeping backfired and rather than speculating – and we’re not talking about breaking the bank here – to accumulate, Igwe suddenly found himself preoccupied with trying to stem the haemorrhage of more than £500,000 a month, now down to £250,000.

So what is Igwe’s legacy? He’s the man who helped set last year’s budget, who let Marlon King get away and left Andy Thorn with an impossible task and therefore, ultimately, one of the main men responsible for relegation

He’s the man who assembled a board with the “best skill set seen in 25 years at the club...”

There was Dugout Dulieu, the chairman who made himself and the club a laughing stock by taking up a position on the bench.

There was Bust Our Butts Brody, the man came up with the hare-brained ‘text your subs’ money-making scheme.

There was CEO Paul ‘This Club’s A Basket Case’ Clouting who, to be fair, made a pretty sharp exit once he realised what he had got himself into.

But what about Onye ‘I’m Just A Cuddly Bear’ Igwe, as he described himself when he finally emerged out of the Ricoh Arena shadows the day the new-look board was unveiled.

His nickname on the board was The Ostrich due to his penchant for burying his head in the sand. And if you think Brody came up with some bonkers ideas, here’s a flavour of life in the boardroom under his reign.

Picture the scene (and this was before Orange Ken was king). The directors filter in for their weekly board meeting, pour their coffee, secretary poised to take down the minutes.

First item on the agenda is City’s ongoing financial decline and how they are going to pay the wages that month. But interrupting proceedings, Onye announces that he wants to raise an important issue before they get down to the nitty-gritty.

Trust me on this next bit, I quite literally couldn’t make it up!

He announced that he was becoming increasingly concerned that in an age of childhood obesity Sky Blue Sam was sending out the wrong message to kids and he wanted to explore the possibility of having a slimmed down version of the lovable club mascot.

Cue much choking on mouthfuls of coffee and looks of disbelief before one particularly astute director turned to him and said: “Onye... he’s a ****ing elephant!”

He can also be credited with the idea of setting up a Sky Blue wedding car business – not a bad little sideline in itself, I’m sure you will agree, but the idea was offered as a solution to City’s financial problems.

And then there was the suggestion to produce over-sized replica shirts for supporters to wear over their coats in the winter.

We were told at last week’s fans forum that Igwe is no longer involved in running the club. He hasn’t been seen around these parts since the end of last season and one might have suspected he had been sent off by Sisu to work in a salt mine in the Urals.

He was, we understand, despatched to run a chain of bars in Thailand but finally left the company this week.

Tim Fisher apologised unreservedly to supporters for the club’s failings at the forum. But if anyone owes an apology, it’s Onye Igwe.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...ity-s-failure-92746-31873697/2/#ixzz270Axh1UL

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...-city-s-failure-92746-31873697/#ixzz270AmI7D9

Common sense! Who is the author?

Brighton Sky Blue

And the players, which coinciding with sacking the manager who weeks before brought them to club. May just at a rough guess be slightly responsible for the last 4 games.

Would be interesting to know which date joy addressed the players to tell them what is expected from them.

I do think she would massively benefit from making herself a bit more visible to fans rather than have their mouthpiece Fisher have to blag on their behalf. 5 years and we've never seen the person pulling the strings-she can't be that busy, surely? :whistle:

wingy

I do think she would massively benefit from making herself a bit more visible to fans rather than have their mouthpiece Fisher have to blag on their behalf. 5 years and we've never seen the person pulling the strings-she can't be that busy, surely? :whistle:

Jonnhie Ricoh found a Pic on the Tinternet but could'nt copy and paste ,reckons she's fit for 50,I can see a Dehla moment coming," Come On ,Lets Be Having You"

Sick Boy

Jonnhie Ricoh found a Pic on the Tinternet but could'nt copy and paste ,reckons she's fit for 50,I can see a Dehla moment coming," Come On ,Lets Be Having You"

I have heard from someone that she is a little blonde woman, supposed to be more than alright as well.

georgehudson

the basket case we acknowledge as CCFC is clouded by the likes of F&W & their numerous dubious predecessors,

various s*su'ites & we know who they are may wish to use diversionary tactics,

however those of a true CCFC persuasion are acutely aware that we are being run by an outfit that only seek to rip the club to their own ends,

trust / believe them if you wish,

they care not for you

Sick Boy

It is about as likely as any of your past assertions.

Sick Boy

the basket case we acknowledge as CCFC is clouded by the likes of F&W & their numerous dubious predecessors,

various s*su'ites & we know who they are may wish to use diversionary tactics,

however those of a true CCFC persuasion are acutely aware that we are being run by an outfit that only seek to rip the club to their own ends,

trust / believe them if you wish,

they care not for you

What is your opinion on Ray Ranson, Gary Hoffman & Joe Elliot? Do they count as 'SISUITES'?

After all, Joe Elliot was the one who personally went to people's houses and got them to hand over their shares.

Users who are viewing this thread