CET Again (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
They have literally made a story out of somebody who has taken a football stadium in Photoshop and plonked it where IKEA is.

Something that threads on here are full of.
Ā 

larry_david

They've also split one 2 min interview with under 23s coach into 3 articles each about 2 paragraphs long and aall just copied and pasted from ccfc website. Don't forget the genius click bait title though
Ā 

Bugsy

Covstu

Who is he? Clearly some kind of wasps stooge but is he supposed to be a CET journo?
Ā 

TTG

Interesting that he is pushing this line:

However we know it isn't true, even Simon G corrected.

So he is knowingly bullshitting to push a Wasps stance.

He works for bbc not cet
Ā 

Nick

Administrator
it appears that a potential move for a league one striker is far more important than the revelations of this morning on cwr

Oh they have reported some of it, just not all of it.

They are very selective sometimes.
Ā 

rhino1002

Oh they have reported some of it, just not all of it.

They are very selective sometimes.
when i have looked at the web page for Coventry city on my pc there isn't anything to be seen
is it under a different heading other than sport or coventry city
Ā 

shmmeee

TBF CWR also lead with Andy Street as the main part of the story. When Gilbert has to explain what an NDA was probably best not to expect a detailed analysis of the minutiae.
Bit of a flippant reply from this Eccleston chap;

Come on. You canā€™t hurl abuse at people all day then whine they arenā€™t taking you seriously. Yesterday Gilbert wouldā€™ve been getting these replies (from our own admin in fact) and today heā€™s a hero.
Ā 

Nick

Administrator
TBF CWR also lead with Andy Street as the main part of the story. When Gilbert has to explain what an NDA was probably best not to expect a detailed analysis of the minutiae.

Come on. You canā€™t hurl abuse at people all day then whine they arenā€™t taking you seriously. Yesterday Gilbert wouldā€™ve been getting these replies (from our own admin in fact) and today heā€™s a hero.

Havent said he's a hero, literally just said fair play for doing his job.

If you are going to hammer somebody, you have to acknowledge when they do something alright.

Let's face it, people at the telegraph's attitude don't help but Ben is usually alright to be fair.
Ā 

shmmeee

Havent said he's a hero, literally just said fair play for doing his job.

If you are going to hammer somebody, you have to acknowledge when they do something alright.

Let's face it, people at the telegraph's attitude don't help but Ben is usually alright to be fair.

I imagine theyā€™re pretty pissed off with it TBF. Itā€™s not like they have all the info and are hiding it. I just feel our attitude to the media has made them less likely to listen is all.

I donā€™t think itā€™s their fault. I suspect a Gilbert only made the breakthrough today because people are suddenly willing to talk rather than heā€™s just not been trying.

Tom Leach seems genuine. Gilbert seems on the right track.

I guess Iā€™m just saying be nice. Itā€™s only those at the top of each organisation who need bile directing their way IMO.
Ā 

Nick

Administrator
I imagine theyā€™re pretty pissed off with it TBF. Itā€™s not like they have all the info and are hiding it. I just feel our attitude to the media has made them less likely to listen is all.

I donā€™t think itā€™s their fault. I suspect a Gilbert only made the breakthrough today because people are suddenly willing to talk rather than heā€™s just not been trying.

Tom Leach seems genuine. Gilbert seems on the right track.

I guess Iā€™m just saying be nice. Itā€™s only those at the top of each organisation who need bile directing their way IMO.

They have had information given to them that they have chosen to ignore.
Ā 

shmmeee

They have had information given to them that they have chosen to ignore.

Could they verify it? Journalists donā€™t just print rumour. As Gilbert said what he reported today was confirmed by several sources. Thatā€™s basic journalistic integrity.
Ā 

Nick

Administrator
Could they verify it? Journalists donā€™t just print rumour. As Gilbert said what he reported today was confirmed by several sources. Thatā€™s basic journalistic integrity.

Yep, they could quite easily.

I can think of 2 stories that have been pointed out to them that they have just completely ignored.

Not sure anybody who spends their time writing articles like "I had a burger, look what happened", "I got my hair cut, this is what happened" has any journalistic integrity do they?
Ā 

shmmeee

Yep, they could quite easily.

I can think of 2 stories that have been pointed out to them that they have just completely ignored.

Not sure anybody who spends their time writing articles like "I had a burger, look what happened", "I got my hair cut, this is what happened" has any journalistic integrity do they?

Writing filler fluff pieces has nothing to do with integrity. You write what youā€™re told.

As Gilbert showed today if he can verify heā€™ll tell the story, why wouldnā€™t he? He has far more to gain from a scoop than from ā€œignoring valid storiesā€. Why would he even do that?

Its a bit hard having these one sided conversations with you where you allude to stuff other people donā€™t know about TBH.
Ā 

Nick

Administrator
Writing filler fluff pieces has nothing to do with integrity. You write what youā€™re told.

As Gilbert showed today if he can verify heā€™ll tell the story, why wouldnā€™t he? He has far more to gain from a scoop than from ā€œignoring valid storiesā€. Why would he even do that?

Its a bit hard having these one sided conversations with you where you allude to stuff other people donā€™t know about TBH.

Maybe before you jump in to every single thread you should take the time to look into stuff?

It's a bit hard having to educate somebody in every thread when they are ranting about how everything is a conspiracy by default.

Gilbert was guilty of this at the CET when I was trying to push that SBitC fundraiser.
Ā 

shmmeee

Maybe before you jump in to every single thread you should take the time to look into stuff?

It's a bit hard having to educate somebody in every thread when they are ranting about how everything is a conspiracy by default.

Gilbert was guilty of this at the CET when I was trying to push that SBitC fundraiser.

Maybe actually post what the fuck youā€™re on about instead of cosplaying The Riddler?
Ā 

Nick

Administrator
Maybe actually post what the fuck youā€™re on about instead of cosplaying The Riddler?

There's absolutely no point.

You just keep moaning about conspiracy without having a clue what is being referred to.

I wouldn't say things or make statements like that if I couldn't back them up.
Ā 

shmmeee

There's absolutely no point.

You just keep moaning about conspiracy without having a clue what is being referred to.

I wouldn't say things or make statements like that if I couldn't back them up.

And yet here we are. You unwilling to back it up.
Ā 

Users who are viewing this thread