"Certain players will be banished from this football club" (1 Viewer)

Seaside-Skyblue

I get players having off days or just not being very good. But to not put the effort it is unacceptable. They should be playing for us fans not Pressley.

stupot07

Finally managed to watch the video. Pressley has gone up in my estimation. It's about time players were given a few home truths. We need to get rid of what Clinton described as "it's Cov innit" attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The Reverend Skyblue

Pressley talks like the best manager in the world ,but that's it he justs sounds good. I would love to ask him how he allowed eleven so called professional footballers on to the pitch so unmotivated and listless that they lost to a bunch gardeners/plumbers and salesmen, how the hell did he allow that to happen,he sees these players for hours on end each day so why couldn't he see this coming and them giving nothing come Saturday ,and that's not the first Saturday this season this has happened , as there have been a few games where most of the team have put little or no effort in

His record after he stops impressing us with his thoughts is pretty poor ,so for this one he better start doing as he says or he will lose the few followers who are left.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

ff506a39b798e345c30d900d46cf0e60.png

He's definitely mad

The Reverend Skyblue

I also believe you can't build a great team spirit and players who have a passion for the club when most of them are on loan deals. I know he has fuck all money,though the sales of Wilson Clarke and the others like the Juke money from the move to Burnley and the FA cup money has clearly not been spent on the pitch, but he should demand from whoever that money be made available to actually sign players on contracts, so he can build some sort of passion amongst the players.

If their jobs are on the line they will have to put the effort in or else they will be straight down the jobcentre,just like everyone else who works.

I do question his opinion on the quality of players he has brought in, thank fuck we haven't got Allsop and McQuiod on contracts, he clearly needs help in identifying who is good enough and who is a team player and who isn't

just my opinion

Last edited:

kmj5000

I can not help but think that this is all part of the downward spiral we are in and no one at CCFC is actually has a clue as to how we get out of it other than cross fingers and hope.
I agree. We haven't reached the bottom of Tim's Business Cycle yet!

We've still got a long way to go yet, I fear.

Seaside-Skyblue

Just watched the video from earlier. I really like the guy, just wish we were winning games under him
Yeah same. Really want him to do well. Such a likeable character in my opinion. Just so frustrated with some of his choices. Having said that you only have to read other clubs forums and most of them sound similar to us about there managers.

rondog1973

Faith was wobbling, but can't deny the intensity of the passion the man has for this job. You wouldn't mess with him either.

Years ago, during his stint here as a player, he used to frequent my local, the Craven Arms in Walsgrave with Gary Gillespie for a pint or two and a game of Darts.
One evening, Pressley was on the Oche and the Pub pain in the arse was giving him some grief and a bit of ribbing about the penalties he'd gave away in recent matches.
Pressley paused from his aim, turned to the bloke and said in his broad brogue "Look, yer divnae no what yer gen on aboot so fuckin' shut et reet!"

The bloke skulked off a bit sharpish.

stupot07

I also believe you can't build a great team spirit and players who have a passion for the club when most of them are on loan deals. I know he has fuck all money,though the sales of Wilson Clarke and the others like the Juke money from the move to Burnley and the FA cup money has clearly not been spent on the pitch, but he should demand from whoever that money be made available to actually sign players on contracts, so he can build some sort of passion amongst the players.

If their jobs are on the line they will have to put the effort in or else they will be straight down the jobcentre,just like everyone else who works.

I do question his opinion on the quality of players he has brought in, thank fuck we haven't got Allsop and McQuiod on contracts, he clearly needs help in identifying who is good enough and who is a team player and who isn't

just my opinion

Most of them aren't on loan deals.

We have 7 loan players - Allsop, mcqoid, coulibaly, martin, Hines, nouble and madine.

We have a squad of 31.

And on a side note, I don't get why mcqoid gets such a hard time, scored more than tudguy, miller and Jackson put together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The CableGuy

Good on SP, if they don't want to play for the shirt then get them the fuck out. To be so outplayed by a team in a league lower than Nuneaton Town is unacceptable. Worse then that, Worcester wanted it more.

God help the players if were losing at HT tomorrow night, "Um, I don't wanna go into that dressing room!!"

ccfc1234

Most of them aren't on loan deals.

We have 7 loan players - Allsop, mcqoid, coulibaly, martin, Hines, nouble and madine.

We have a squad of 31.

And on a side note, I don't get why mcqoid gets such a hard time, scored more than tudguy, miller and Jackson put together.

His is touch is poor, his finishing on the whole is very poor (despite some lucky goals). Look at the Crawley game at some of his efforts 2nd half. He had a free shot and dragged the ball miles wide the connections were so far from the sweet spot it's scary. He is not the answer as he has shown that on many occasions. I however think he is better than Tudgay for effort alone. Both however need to get their coats and take millar's with them.

On a side note at your next away game watch the players warm up doing their shooting drills you will soon get an idea of who can strike a ball well and also see the ones who struggle.

stupot07

His is touch is poor, his finishing on the whole is very poor (despite some lucky goals). Look at the Crawley game at some of his efforts 2nd half. He had a free shot and dragged the ball miles wide the connections were so far from the sweet spot it's scary. He is not the answer as he has shown that on many occasions. I however think he is better than Tudgay for effort alone. Both however need to get their coats and take millar's with them.

On a side note at your next away game watch the players warm up doing their shooting drills you will soon get an idea of who can strike a ball well and also see the ones who struggle.

I don't think he's the answer either, but he's nowhere near as bad in this league as some make out. He also had an excellent cameo in midfield on Sunday and his touch is no worse than any of the other strikers.

For me he can go along with tudguy, Jackson and miller, but if we were only allowed to keep 1 of those 4 I think I'd rather keep him. His finishing may be poor but at least he gets into the right areas to score/miss them.

And I do watch the warm up, we've been woeful in shooting practice for as long as I can remember.

ccfcdale

I felt sunday was bad tac tics from SP. I'm an admirer of Barton, but that game on Sunday is not the kind of game you play him in. It's to physical for him. I think he's probably the best passer we've got a the club by a country mile and really do like him. I think the only people who could hold their heads high at the weekend were. Allsopp,JOB,Maddison.Haynes. The rest were fucking diabolical.

Brighton Sky Blue

I felt sunday was bad tac tics from SP. I'm an admirer of Barton, but that game on Sunday is not the kind of game you play him in. It's to physical for him. I think he's probably the best passer we've got a the club by a country mile and really do like him. I think the only people who could hold their heads high at the weekend were. Allsopp,JOB,Maddison.Haynes. The rest were fucking diabolical.

Games against pub opposition always boil down to who wants it more. If you can't want a win more than such opposition then see fit to laugh about it afterwards (assume that was the incident he's on about) then you shouldn't be a professional. Although you do wonder why he signed such players in the first place if he had any doubt about their commitment.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Some of you on here clearly need your heads checking.. Calling for Pressley to be sacked... Clearly the bloke is passionate about Cov and gives far more of a shit about our two bit club than the disgraceful players we have. The passion and anger in the man in that press conference.

The players let him down badly on Sunday, giving the worst performance in football history, and some of you thick twats have the cheek to blame him. I suppose Eric bastard Black or the loyal and noble Mark robins are the answer. Some of you are like the typical twat who knows nothing about politics, nothing at all, and just blames the prime minister.

Nick

Administrator
Some of you on here clearly need your heads checking.. Calling for Pressley to be sacked... Clearly the bloke is passionate about Cov and gives far more of a shit about our two bit club than the disgraceful players we have. The passion and anger in the man in that press conference.

The players let him down badly on Sunday, giving the worst performance in football history, and some of you thick twats have the cheek to blame him. I suppose Eric bastard Black or the loyal and noble Mark robins are the answer. Some of you are like the typical twat who knows nothing about politics, nothing at all, and just blames the prime minister.

Yes you may well know about politics, but ill stick to football and say the manager should take some of the blame. You stick to politics.

Yes he was angry, yes he was passionate yet your backing doesn't actually mention the football side? Does being angry and passionate make him a good manager?

Gazolba

But Steven Pressley cannot escape the fact that almost all these players are HIS, brought in by him to play his way. If any of these players have been foisted on him by others he must have the guts to say so but if they are 100% his he has to look at his position as he has failed miserably.

Not true. The ones from Bournemouth were part of a swap-deal for selling Wilson. They did not want to come to CCFC and SP never chose to have them.

Otis

Yep, agree with that. You can watch them at home games too of course.

Jackson drags just about every ball wide, Nouble is quite accurate, as is Maddison, but McQuoid, Tudgay etc. are all poor too.

McQuoid works hard for sure, but he does lack composure in front of goal and more often than not completely mistimes his shots and cues many of his efforts well wide.

Like him for his workrate and effort, but as a striker I feel he falls short of the standard we need here.

RoboCCFC90

Can we add SP to the latest bomb squad?

Why? SP is the only person showing passion to change things and you want to give him the boot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

Why? SP is the only person showing passion to change things and you want to give him the boot?

Passion isn't everything.

So let us all know what you think he is good at? Like identifying decent players, playing a system that fits the players he has brought in, playing a system that gives us an advantage over our opponents, substitutions at the right time and switching the right players or even motivating our players?

No I don't consider him to be very good at any of these.

Anyone can shout. Anyone can blame others. Anyone can say what others want to hear. But not everyone can be a decent manager. And if he has had the budget to use that is said he is doing a very poor job.

stupot07

I would still give him until Christmas. We're by going to get promoted this year, our squad just isn't good enough to produce automatically promotion form for the remainder of the season that's necessary to get to the magic 73/74 point mark to sneak top 6.

Avoiding relegation is the more immediate concern, so we can afford to give him until Christmas and re-evaluate then.

H

Huckerby

Astute - the formation thing has pissed everyone off. But if you have made a decision that you are going to play 5-3-2 as a manager, you've got to stick to it to believe that the training and hard work that youve put it to make it happen will pay off surely? So it was the wrong decision. He's not alex ferguson he's very much a manager that is learning.

He had to give it time as he believed it would work. Fair enough it was shite and I agree but I'd prefer someone with minerals to stick to his guns than someone who changes it desperately whenever things arent going his way.

Astute

I would still give him until Christmas. We're by going to get promoted this year, our squad just isn't good enough to produce automatically promotion form for the remainder of the season that's necessary to get to the magic 73/74 point mark to sneak top 6.

Avoiding relegation is the more immediate concern, so we can afford to give him until Christmas and re-evaluate then.

Last season we started with the best strike force in this division. We let in lots of goals but we also scored lots. When we lost the strikers we went into freefall. We could have got relegated. This season we have been poor. We have just got outplayed by a non league part time outfit. And that was even before the sending off. What else do we need to learn before we work out that he isn't good enough at something major?

The biggest problem I see is that we will keep him whatever because of his very long contract :(

Astute

Astute - the formation thing has pissed everyone off. But if you have made a decision that you are going to play 5-3-2 as a manager, you've got to stick to it to believe that the training and hard work that youve put it to make it happen will pay off surely? So it was the wrong decision. He's not alex ferguson he's very much a manager that is learning.

He had to give it time as he believed it would work. Fair enough it was shite and I agree but I'd prefer someone with minerals to stick to his guns than someone who changes it desperately whenever things arent going his way.

What about the poor subs made, poor players brought in and players that seem to be suffering from lack of motivation as well as keeping up with a system that has proved to not work?

stupot07

Last season we started with the best strike force in this division. We let in lots of goals but we also scored lots. When we lost the strikers we went into freefall. We could have got relegated. This season we have been poor. We have just got outplayed by a non league part time outfit. And that was even before the sending off. What else do we need to learn before we work out that he isn't good enough at something major?

The biggest problem I see is that we will keep him whatever because of his very long contract :(

Like I said, top 6 is all but gone so we only need to worry about relegation. I want to see if there's a reaction from Sunday, and for me Sunday's performance sits squarely with the players.

I agree he's been average, and bolstered by good strikers, but I also don't think our squad was that good last season or this season for that matter, we have a few individuals that look good on paper but in terms of the balance of the squad and the right combination of attributes, I think we're seriously lacking. He has to take some responsibility for that as do the owners.

Users who are viewing this thread