Centre halfs (1 Viewer)

speedie87

With barca playing song and mascherano as centre halfs these days and then seeing the non ability of Cameron and wood to pass the ball yesterday perhaps we should experiment with Conor Thomas as some sort of centre half when he's fit

Otis

Cameron is reasonably comfortable on the ball. Wood is most certainly not.

I know Wood throws himself in the way of things and puts his body on the line, but he still worries the hell out of me and I consider him a bit of a liability.

At the moment, with what we've got I think I would rather go for Cameron and Edge. More mobile, quicker and better on the ball if the intention is to build from the back.

Sutty

I like the idea but we don't keep possession anywhere near as well as Barcelona. Also they have Sergio Busquets, the best holding midfielder in world football. We'd be under far too much pressure at the back for it to work.

skybluegod

it wasn't just cameron's and wood's passing yesterday. Everyone's passing was bloody awful yesterday we need to get another norwood who can open up or switch the play nobody in our midfield yesterday could pass more than 5-10 yards

skybluejelly

the reason the passing is so bad is that nobody is running in to the gaps for them too pass to,,time and again our players pass to someone who is 20 ft from them and already being marked ,so the ball is passed straight back to them without us going knowhere..

i am all for playing the ball from the back but whats the point if knowone is available ,you may aswell revert to hoofball,

also is it me but we seem to have adopted a zonal marking formation,,where players stick with the attackers until they are out of there zone ,i thought clarke seemed to have there wingers number until he started to run acroos the front of the area then clarke would just stop and go back to his own position as though scared to follow him

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think the problem is our CB's go from one extreme to the orher. Its either being passed between the two of them plus Murphy, or when it isnt, its going long, conpletely missing out the midfield. Our strikers arent suited to this kind of play. Thats always been one of my concerns over Cameron. Being brought into the first team under Boothroyd and his long ball tactics are stopping him from being a good all round CB. Defensively he is great; hes one hell of a unit, but when it comes to playing the ball forward, i still worry

Mr T - Sukka!

Don't mention CCFC and the greatest side in the world in the same thread. (Noticed i haven't said there name)

Its like blasphemy! They are on another planet football wise. We cannot even pass to our own players half the time.

Otis

Don't mention CCFC and the greatest side in the world in the same thread. (Noticed i haven't said there name)

Its like blasphemy! They are on another planet football wise. We cannot even pass to our own players half the time.

What are you talking about, you lemon! Surely CCFC are the greatest side in the world aren't they?

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Keogh and Craine were them men. Both could pass the ball better than the midfielders.

Skybluefaz

at one point yesterday iI thoght Cameron had stuck the ball in the back of the net from a back pass. neither are comfortable on the ball, but it doesn't help when there is no midfield out ball.

LJC_CCFC

I like the idea but we don't keep possession anywhere near as well as Barcelona. Also they have Sergio Busquets, the best holding midfielder in world football. We'd be under far too much pressure at the back for it to work.

Sergio Biscuits is the worlds most overrated footballer, he and Pedro have been lucky to be involved in two of the greatest teams the world has ever seen. Greatest defensive midfielder your looking at Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Schweinsteiger or imo the best midfielder in the world Yaya Toure.

pusbccfc

Sergio Biscuits is the worlds most overrated footballer, he and Pedro have been lucky to be involved in two of the greatest teams the world has ever seen. Greatest defensive midfielder your looking at Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Schweinsteiger or imo the best midfielder in the world Yaya Toure.

You missed the big name off that, Clingan.

Sutty

Not having that. No-one can break up attacks and then start them like Busquets. He doesn't have Alonso's range of passing but if you've got him in the midfield you won't get over-run. Yaya Toure is a physical specimen but if you put him under pressure like Dortmund did a couple of weeks back you can expose him.

LJC_CCFC

Not having that. No-one can break up attacks and then start them like Busquets. He doesn't have Alonso's range of passing but if you've got him in the midfield you won't get over-run. Yaya Toure is a physical specimen but if you put him under pressure like Dortmund did a couple of weeks back you can expose him.

The whole barca team break up attacks with they're amazing work rate, players like Valdes, Adriano, Biscuits and Pedro are good players but never world class they benefit from Messi, Ineista, Villa, Xavi, Fabregas, Alves and Pique quality.

Sutty

We'll have to beg to differ then. I'd say anyone with 50 caps by the age of 24 for the best national team of all time has to be decent.

wingy

Bring back Turner.Alternatively ,try Cyrus whose played there i believe early in his career,Willis ,whose captained england under 19s.For a really out there Idea Kilbane ,would probably get done for pace but that one game he played fullback I thought he won some towering headers @ set pieces.

Black6Osprey

You've got to laugh. I'm watching Wood and Cameron, two piss poor players that make me look good and people are having a pop at Busquets.

If he played for us they'd be building a statue of him by the end of the first season.

stupot07

I must say on reflection is thread makes me laugh. I remember in pre-season some posters were lauding Clarke and Hussey as the best fullbacks in the league, that Richard Wood was better than Cranie and would be like a new signing and that along with Cameron we'd have the best defence in the league..

SkyBlue_Bear83

I must say on reflection is thread makes me laugh. I remember in pre-season some posters were lauding Clarke and Hussey as the best fullbacks in the league, that Richard Wood was better than Cranie and would be like a new signing and that along with Cameron we'd have the best defence in the league..
I honestly thought Clarke and Hussey would be among the best full backs in the league and with Wood, Cameron we would have one of the best defences

tbf we haven't really had a settled back four yet this season with Hussey in and out of the team, Clarke and Cameron recovering from injury and Wood, Malaga, Brown and Edjenguele all rotating early on with Brown playing CB and RB etc. It is really only the last few games we have seen the same back 4 start and even then it has been disrupted mid match through injury

LJC_CCFC

God i'd have Keogh and Cranie back in a heart beat, just so so assured on the ball. I also think we let McPake get away to easily, his no-nonsense defending would have been very effective in this league. If we want to play from the back Wood cannot be a part of it, great in the air but the lad may as well cut his feet off because he can't do anything with them. He even tried changing his boots Saturday....says it all, I reckon Willis should step up with either Cameron or Billy Edge

Users who are viewing this thread