Centre back pairing for next season. (1 Viewer)

skybluereeve

Right, who do we think will be our first choice pair at the back next season? Really impressed by turner until he got injured.Who would your first choice be????

cloughie

I would be happy with Turner and any of the the following Cranie McPake or Wood. Turner was superb last year and any of these 3 would be fine along side him. Got to admit that Cranie is probably edges it.

CovScott88

How about all three, Turner, McPake and Crainie?

Could play:

................New Keeper..................
.......Cranie...McPake...Turner
Keogh.................................Hussey
..........Clingan....Gunnarsson..........
................McSheffrey...................
............King.......Jutkiewicz............

JCR1987

Could play:

I think you'll need to replace Gunnar for someone else. Apart from that, i'd be happy to see that 11 run out at the start of next season.

Not sure Sheff will be happy in the hole - he's been touting himself as main striker next season.

Marty

Could play:

That McSheffrey role would be perfect for Eastwood if he can be bothered to move,

I'd go for Turner & Cranie

JCR1987

Eastwood may well be playing anyway - all depends Marlon's big decision. Still looks a pretty strong line-up, however Sheff or Jukey would need to step up to the plate on the goalscoring front.

mattylad

Thorn has said he see's Keogh as a centre half (which is what he started as) more than a right back and as he was ever present I think it will be Keogh and either Turner or Cranie.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think it will more likely be Keogh and Crainie mattylad. Have some concern as to whether Turner will come back as good after his injury ...... think it has been a lot more serious than been made of it. Seem to remember him saying that the ligaments had all but detached. I think we missed him this season ..... dont think AB acted in the lads best interest leaving him on the pitch for 10 minutes with that injury

Clough

Turner is the best centre back we've got. Wood and McPake are very good as-well.:confused: Hard to choose one of them to partner Turner. Craine has no chance in first team when Wood McPake and Turner are fit.

skybluegod

Turner is the best centre back we've got. Wood and McPake are very good as-well.:confused: Hard to choose one of them to partner Turner. Craine has no chance in first team when Wood McPake and Turner are fit.
yes he does he can play right back with a rotation between him and clarke

SkyBlue_Bear83

Turner and Cranie for me
I like Mcpake but Cranie is needed for his composure on the ball to help us build from the back. Never been a great fan of Wood, average Championship defender imo and will be on the bench alot next season as I see Turner, Cranie, Mcpake, Keogh all ahead of him for the CB spot

sw88

Chief Commentator!
On form, i would have to say Turner and Crainie. These two stood out this season more than the others, although Keough did do well there.

I also like McPake but feel he is too injury prone and we need consistancy. Therefore Turner and Crainie are a must! I think they will both compliment each other!!

I see Keough as a right back, because of how he likes to get forward.

However Im more than happy if Andy Thorn sees something different to me and it works out better!

rob9872

Cranie and Turner CB Keogh RB and Hussey LB
McPake on the bench, Cameron loaned and Wood sold

rob9872

Wow didnt realise I was manager now :)

Users who are viewing this thread