Celtic (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Are through to the Champions League qualifiers, due to Legia accidently fielding an ineligible player.

Pathetic!!

FIFA, UEFA and the FA, bunch of :jerkit:

I highly doubt they did this on purpose when it's took them 8 years to get that far!

covmark

It is harsh considering the lad came on for the last 2 minutes. Celtic lost 6-1 on agg and still go through. I agree it's pathetic.

Maybe they should scrap the result of the second leg and just go off the first leg results. After such a hammering over 180 minutes it's unfair to take the impact of the final 2 minutes into consideration.

lewys33

It's not like they are going to get far is it?

As much as I agree that it should be taken in to consideration that they lost 6-1 on agg and the guy was on the field for 2 mins. At least they had the balls to follow through with their own rules.

skybluebeduff

It's not like they are going to get far is it?

As much as I agree that it should be taken in to consideration that they lost 6-1 on agg and the guy was on the field for 2 mins. At least they had the balls to follow through with their own rules.

The revenue loss would be the difference.

Covstu

Rules are rules, doesn't matter if he played for 2 mins or 90 mins they broke the rules. Celtic could quite rightly say this gave them an advantage (even though it didn't in reality) but I suppose where do you draw the line with this chap coming on or Ronaldo for example.

Given the overall result, they should have given Maribor the team celtic will play a bye rather than have celtic back in.

Users who are viewing this thread