Celtic Approach Eddie Howe (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
He did just OK at Burnley.
Middle of the road stuff.

Nick , there's a common theme with 99% of successful clubs .
They all spend money .

But you still have to deliver

Yeah so it's not a massive underdog story like made out with Bournemouth is it?

Evo1883

Yeah so it's not a massive underdog story like made out with Bournemouth is it?

I'm not about to downplay the achievements of taking a club from league 2 to the Premier league .

Using this logic we can completely downplay the achievements of pep guardiola throughout his managerial career and other managers in his position that have won anything .

It's all based on money spent or access to money , yet we all know football management isn't always that simple

Evo1883

I wouldn't be moaning if some Billionaire came in tomorrow and offered to offset our costs to reach the Premier league ...that's for certain

NorthernWisdom

I'm not about to downplay the achievements of taking a club from league 2 to the Premier league .

Using this logic we can completely downplay the achievements of pep guardiola throughout his managerial career and other managers in his position that have won anything .

It's all based on money spent or access to money , yet we all know football management isn't always that simple
-17 points in league two to ninth in the top flight is a hell of a rise, however you put it. You also have to battle against the prejudice of it being only Bournemouth, too. They keep saying with us they show prospective signings round the Ricoh - showing them round Dean Court won't be overly inspiring!

Evo1883

I think howe with his ways and methods will point celtic in the right direction regardless .. neil Lennon hardly oozes the traits of a modern manager ..seems the type to set up and say "go win "

Nick

Administrator

Yeah as I said, it's not really an underdog story because they threw so much money at it.

Could he have done it without the tens / hundreds of millions?

clint van damme

-17 points in league two to ninth in the top flight is a hell of a rise, however you put it. You also have to battle against the prejudice of it being only Bournemouth, too. They keep saying with us they show prospective signings round the Ricoh - showing them round Dean Court won't be overly inspiring!

but they can walk them along the seafront!
Yeah as I said, it's not really an underdog story because they threw so much money at it.

not many, if any, could, that's the game now unfortunately.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah so it's not really that he worked miracles because it was only "Bournemouth" ;)

SBAndy

He’s obviously got something about him in terms of developing playing styles to suit different leagues (most managers would tactically hit a ceiling) but equally I think he’s a hype job who seemed to struggle to put a defence together in the Premier League.

Evo1883

No nick , no.

They were collecting money in pots to stay afloat .

I think you're missing the point though ..

He has to achieve the targets , he did for several seasons .. some managers can't even do that with money

You can't exclude his part in their rise and say it was solely money

Nick

Administrator
No nick , no.

He has to achieve the targets , he did for several seasons .. some managers can't even do that with money

They then had a russian billionaire covering their losses.

It's not really a miracle story is it?

There's hype because so many people don't realise he had millions to spend to get them there, which you didn't seem to earlier in the thread. People assume he got them there with no money and worked miracles.

Grendel

No nick , no.

There aren’t many managers who can sign on loan in the championship a player for £36,000 a week as a sub and pay that for the final 6 weeks of the season

Evo1883

There aren’t many managers who can sign on loan in the championship a player for £36,000 a week as a sub and pay that for the final 6 weeks of the season

So now you're acknowledging financial disparity In football ?

He did well at Bournemouth regardless tbh , up until last season

Grendel

So now you're acknowledging financial disparity In football ?

He did well at Bournemouth regardless tbh , up until last season

No I’m saying I think like robins he’s a one trick pony and one club fits him. He’s Alan Curbishley the second

CJ_covblaze

Think it would be a fantastic appointment for them in all honesty.

Modern forward thinking young manager , ofcourse mistakes made at Bournemouth but its never clear who is completely in charge of transfers at some clubs , but he had a fantastic record there overall and achieved great things

Don't like celtic but quite like Eddie..
Shame. I liked him.

Jagmannn

Always liked .Eddie Howes... a man who had to do it on budget ...if one of the top six clubs would have taken a risk - i think he would prove himself ......i have fancied him to be the next England Manager

Grendel

Always liked .Eddie Howes... a man who had to do it on budget ...if one of the top six clubs would have taken a risk - i think he would prove himself ......i have fancied him to be the next England Manager

The budget being so large In the championship it broke EFL rules

no_loyalty

The budget being so large In the championship it broke EFL rules

I still don’t get why they didn’t start this season with a points deduction, for breaking the FFP rules the last time they were in the Championship.

ccfc92

I still don’t get why they didn’t start this season with a points deduction, for breaking the FFP rules the last time they were in the Championship.

I think the fine covered any points deductions.

£7.6 million to spend a few season in the Premier League and become a worldwide brand... bargain.

skyblue1991

Didn't he leave Burnley because he struggled with being too far away from his family on the south coast?

If that is the case it's going to be worse whilst managing Celtic, both domestically and internationally

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

ccfc92

Didn't he leave Burnley because he struggled with being too far away from his family on the south coast?

If that is the case it's going to be worse whilst managing Celtic, both domestically and internationally

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

I think his mother has since passed away. Not sure if she was ill when he was at Burnley?

That might have been why he didn't want to be away from Bournemouth.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think the fine covered any points deductions.

£7.6 million to spend a few season in the Premier League and become a worldwide brand... bargain.

Yeah just casually take the piss with spending what you ain’t got and get praised for it...English football in a nutshell. If it had failed they’d have been the first handing out petitions blaming the EFL for their demise

Evo1883

I think his mother has since passed away. Not sure if she was ill when he was at Burnley?

That might have been why he didn't want to be away from Bournemouth.
She died when he was at Burnley I believe

Users who are viewing this thread