Celebrating a goal (2 Viewers)

rob9872

I know I'm a miserable old curmudgeon, but I love a goal as much as the next person and hoping we get to celebrate some tomorrow... but when did it become a thing to try and show everyone just how much you enjoy a goal by trying to fall over and bash into seats?

Can't anyone, especially at away games, jump up and down a bit, hug the person next to them and maybe a few high fives, preferably without recording it on a fekkin phone too hopefully. I know we'll see it tomorrow hoping it doesn't transfer to Wembley as if someone lands on my dad or daughter I'll not be best pleased.

Thanks, feel better now after that rant :)

Speedies_Chips

I know I'm a miserable old curmudgeon, but I love a goal as much as the next person and hoping we get to celebrate some tomorrow... but when did it become a thing to try and show everyone just how much you enjoy a goal by trying to fall over and bash into seats?

Can't anyone, especially at away games, jump up and down a bit, hug the person next to them and maybe a few high fives, preferably without recording it on a fekkin phone too hopefully. I know we'll see it tomorrow hoping it doesn't transfer to Wembley as if someone lands on my dad or daughter I'll not be best pleased.

I’m with you. When the first went in at Wolves, 2 supposed adults went ott celebrating and despite’s being 2 seats down managed to bundle into my 6 year old grandson and hurt him. I told them what I thought and there wasn’t a repeat for the other goals, but it shouldn’t have come to that.

SBT

I’ll be waiting before the VAR check is complete before I celebrate, wouldn’t be fair to enjoy the game if a rule had actually been broken somewhere in the process.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

kg82

Very obviously a social media thing. Few videos went round of fans celebrating and a few falling over seats accidentally. Some divvies have taken it on themselves to recreate this for every bloody goal. It’s embarrassing. And I’m not talking just us, it seems to be every damn team

Bugsy

Very obviously a social media thing. Few videos went round of fans celebrating and a few falling over seats accidentally. Some divvies have taken it on themselves to recreate this for every bloody goal. It’s embarrassing. And I’m not talking just us, it seems to be every damn team

Attention seeking bellends, just enjoy the moment with all the other supporters, can't beat that feeling... PUSB

ptr

Happening a lot. Kids chucking themselves down seats or stairs after a goal. Almost like they’re invincible and can’t feel any pain. Wonder what has made them like that? Bet it’s got absolutely nothing to do with the amount of cocaine they’re all snorting.

shmmeee

Happening a lot. Kids chucking themselves down seats or stairs after a goal. Almost like they’re invincible and can’t feel any pain. Wonder what has made them like that? Bet it’s got absolutely nothing to do with the amount of cocaine they’re all snorting.

All started with You’ve Been Framed IMO.

kg82

Except it’s not a social media thing. “Limbs” (hate that word) was definitely a thing in the late 70s/80s. Just look at Cov fans in the Leppings End for the quarters in 87, or Leeds fans in the semi final. Just two examples of the top of my head.
That was a surge. And quite a natural thing in a terrace. It’s seating now. We’ve stood in away ends for years with seats and there’s not been this level of stupidity, throwing yourself over seats. It’s definitely on the increase.
Also, I’m with you on “limbs”

Sky_Blue_Daz

Has anyone seen the clip of a guy at a game his teams scored everyone’s going nuts around him , then he gets his phone out and starts filming himself and then starts celebrating fucking whopper

baldy

Has anyone seen the clip of a guy at a game his teams scored everyone’s going nuts around him , then he gets his phone out and starts filming himself and then starts celebrating fucking whopper

There's a City fan,Matt SB,who does vlogs etc at City matches & sometimes does live watchalongs - the playoff 2nd leg is hilarious because the annoying as fuck man-child he's watching it with can hear Gus' goal being scored in another room downstairs because their stream's delayed & he's literally close to tears because the match is spoilt for him

hill83

On the wind up with limbs to be fair.
But I have and always will go absolutely mental and grabbing and hugging everyone within reach. I’ve fallen off my seat loads of times.

Also, phones out etc. Same as consistently posting in match threads when at the game for me. Don’t get it. The odd “get Godden on” or “shite” is fine. But the deep analysis of a player while looking at your phone and typing, nah.

Sky Blue Pete

It’s why safe standing is being considered and someone will be injured soon and it will cease to be funny and the same twats who think people are being old farts will whinge how the club allowed it to happen as we applaud on 23 mins for the lad who’s paralysed

Dicks

clint van damme

Stacked it down a few rows of seats at Fulham away when Callum scored the 3rd and would have gone down the stairs at Leeds this season if it wasn't for some young lad half my size somehow managing to catch me.
None of it for the benefit of social media, just getting carried away with elation.

MalcSB

On the wind up with limbs to be fair.
But I have and always will go absolutely mental and grabbing and hugging everyone within reach. I’ve fallen off my seat loads of times.

Also, phones out etc. Same as consistently posting in match threads when at the game for me. Don’t get it. The odd “get Godden on” or “shite” is fine. But the deep analysis of a player while looking at your phone and typing, nah.
Why were you standing on your seat?

Users who are viewing this thread