CCFPA (1 Viewer)

Skybluedownunder

Excuse my ignorance but can somebody please explain to me the relevance of the former players association and what they actually do? I’m forever seeing their posts of announcing former wash ups that nobody actually care about joining the former players association but some of them never even really made their mark on the club when they were here, some of them even journeymen so why even reach out to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Excuse my ignorance but can somebody please explain to me the relevance of the former players association and what they actually do? I’m forever seeing their posts of announcing former wash ups that nobody actually care about joining the former players association but some of them never even really made their mark on the club when they were here, some of them even journeymen so why even reach out to them?

Because they are former players?

Skybluedownunder

Because they are former players?

But what do they do? Why do they get these people on board? You’ll see them announce somebody probably like Julian Gray and sometimes I think to myself… why have they reached out to this person. You’ll see players such as David Pipe etc and they weren’t even very good when they were here and were journeymen in the lower leagues so I just don’t understand it.

And for the person who said c**t of the year post… I said ‘excuse my ignorance’ but I genuinely wanted to actually understand what they do

Liquid Gold

And for the person who said c**t of the year post… I said ‘excuse my ignorance’ but I genuinely wanted to actually understand what they do

You could have used this amazing new tool called google which would have taken you directly to their website where you could click on the 'about us' section instead of popping off at people that are so proud to have worn the shirt for us they still want to be associated with the club.

Skybluedownunder

You could have used this amazing new tool called google which would have taken you directly to their website where you could click on the 'about us' section instead of popping off at people that are so proud to have worn the shirt for us they still want to be associated with the club.

Read it… still don’t understand why they reach out to some players who weren’t ‘heroes’ as it says on their about us.

Let’s say you are some player who played for Cov let’s say 12-15 years ago for a season or two, didn’t really make a lasting impression and also played for a handful of other clubs… do you really think they are going to want to come watch a match? I can’t imagine someone like David Pipe for example saying oh let’s go down the CBS and go watch Cov. Some of the players don’t even live in England that they reach out to. I just don’t quite understand it

shmmeee

Read it… still don’t understand why they reach out to some players who weren’t ‘heroes’ as it says on their about us.

Let’s say you are some player who played for Cov let’s say 12-15 years ago for a season or two, didn’t really make a lasting impression and also played for a handful of other clubs… do you really think they are going to want to come watch a match? I can’t imagine someone like David Pipe for example saying oh let’s go down the CBS and go watch Cov. Some of the players don’t even live in England that they reach out to. I just don’t quite understand it

Do university alumni associations only allow those with glittering careers in? Ex-servicemens clubs? It’s just a club for anyone who has played for city.

Skybluedownunder

Because they are former players? They don't have to join if they don't want to.

But do you think they perhaps just say yeah sure out of politeness and never bother to actually go but just don’t want to sound like an arsehole saying no I don’t want to be a part of your association?

I’m surprised some of them even respond when they receive the message or to be honest how they even manage to get hold of some of these old players

Nick

Administrator
But do you think they perhaps just say yeah sure out of politeness and never bother to actually go but just don’t want to sound like an arsehole saying no I don’t want to be a part of your association?

I’m surprised some of them even respond when they receive the message or to be honest how they even manage to get hold of some of these old players

I haven't really thought much into it.

Much like I haven't thought about how many nazis each of the people killed on the poppy parades.

Somebody from there pissed you off or something?

Skybluedownunder

Much like I haven't thought about how many nazis each of the people killed on the poppy parades.

Tbh I think I’m just itching to see something exciting posted for news yet I only see that and think arrggghhh give me a signing or at least link us to somebody!!!

I use newsnow as my search engine for all things CCFC and just bored of seeing irrelevant bullshit and eager for excitement

Seeing someone like Israel Zuniga join a former players association isn’t cutting the mustard

SlowerThanPlatt

Mentioning Pipe a lot, better hope it’s not as him as he’s a right unit

Nick

Administrator
Tbh I think I’m just itching to see something exciting posted for news yet I only see that and think arrggghhh give me a signing or at least link us to somebody!!!

I use newsnow as my search engine for all things CCFC and just bored of seeing irrelevant bullshit and eager for excitement

Seeing someone like Israel Zuniga join a former players association isn’t cutting the mustard

What's that got to do with signings from the club?

Skybluedownunder

Similarly like when you leave a university you just become a member… do we really need to put out a post saying… look, Mathieu Manset has joined our former players association. Some of them were right waste of spaces and don’t really want to be reminded how shit some of them were

Yeah okay celebrate the great ones but some of them are tripe!

… I think I really just need a REAL signing

Skybluedownunder

What's that got to do with signings from the club?

Cause like I said… its how I get my Cov news… screenshot below

Don’t really feel we need to know it’s Peter Reid’s birthday either

9efedc04b8d75d8533700805c9caf7c8.jpg

Bugsy

Samo

Please put down the shovel.

Legia Sky Blue

If you've got a bit of pre season boredom how about picking a 'legends' XI of players that haven't joined. Might hopefully cheer you up a bit :)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Who decides the "great" ones and the "tripe", one persons Julian Darby is the next persons Liam Kelly - Selection in the eye of the beholder would surely be just bias or a private members club with no one other than the secret members knowing each others identity?
An ex player CCFC Freemasonry - Wonder what they would be called and would their masonic hall be the sky blue lodge?

Greggs

Bit like that time I entered my kid into 'Coventry's Most Suntanned Toddler 2009'

Legia Sky Blue

Who decides the "great" ones and the "tripe", one persons Julian Darby is the next persons Liam Kelly - Selection in the eye of the beholder would surely be just bias or a private members club with no one other than the secret members knowing each others identity?
An ex player CCFC Freemasonry - Wonder what they would be called and would their masonic hall be the sky blue lodge?

Perhaps its time for a CCFC Hall of Fame!

LastGarrison

Too much time in the hot sun can lead to a number of health conditions. This includes sunburn, dehydration, hyponatremia, heat exhaustion, heatstroke and posting bollocks on internet message boards. You can avoid these conditions by taking the right precautions. Use sunscreen and sun-protective clothing and taking some time away from the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread