CCFC XI since relegation from Prem (1 Viewer)

Sterling Archer

Right, I'm bored of reading threads arguing about SISU so going to try something different.

Interesting conversation in the pub the other week arguing about the best XI since relegation from the Prem. I went for ....

Gk. Westwood - Self explanatory. Fantastic keeper.
RB. Keogh - So much better at CB but I really struggled for RB's, so in he goes.
CB. Konjic - Cult status and a genuinely good 18 months in Div One
CB. Dann
LB. Warnock
RM. David Thompson - Would've loved to have seen more of Thommo at Cov
CM. McAllister - Struggled for Centre Mid's after years of the Doyle/Hughes axis of doom but McAllister (despite being a poor manager) was still quality on the pitch
CM. Gunnarsson - Almost picked Safri but Gunnar's energy in his first season was great
LM. McSheffrey - First spell!
CF. Wilson
CF. McGoldrick - Close call with him and big bad Marlon

torchomatic

Thommo is my favourite player after Lloyd McGrath. No one since has given the same graft and commitment.

fernandopartridge

I've added comments in red.

Right, I'm bored of reading threads arguing about SISU so going to try something different.

Interesting conversation in the pub the other week arguing about the best XI since relegation from the Prem. I went for ....

Gk. Westwood - Self explanatory. Fantastic keeper. Agreed
RB. Keogh - So much better at CB but I really struggled for RB's, so in he goes. In the time he played, I thought David McNamee looked good. He loved the hospital bed too much though.
CB. Konjic - Cult status and a genuinely good 18 months in Div One. Ben Turner
CB. Dann. Agreed
LB. Warnock. Agreed
RM. David Thompson - Would've loved to have seen more of Thommo at Cov. Agreed.
CM. McAllister - Struggled for Centre Mid's after years of the Doyle/Hughes axis of doom but McAllister (despite being a poor manager) was still quality on the pitch. Carsley imo (first spell) - his sale midway through the season did us no good at all
CM. Gunnarsson - Almost picked Safri but Gunnar's energy in his first season was great. Agreed
LM. McSheffrey - First spell! Agreed
CF. Wilson Agreed
CF. McGoldrick - Close call with him and big bad Marlon Not even close imo

covcity4life

westwood
keough
turner
dann
fox
wise
mcallister
mcsheffrey
wilson(as a winger cos i am cheating)
mcgoldrick
armstrong

oucho

For all of our problems in the last 5 years in particular, we've mostly not lacked for strikers who can score...King, Juke, Armstrong, McGoldrick, Clarke, Wilson being the obvious examples.

Sky Blue Kid

GK. Marshall - Still can see that fabulous save diving across to the left to palm the ball away for a corner at OT in our 2-0 win when Mifsud destroyed their back four.
RB. Keogh - Simply because he's the best RB we've had since relegation from Premier league.
CB. Dann - Massive presence.
CB. Turner - Like Dann a Big Player. solid and dependable
LB. Warnock - Pure class.
RM. Gunarsson - Relentless worker and of course that long throw(Worth at least 4 goals a season.)
CM. Wise - Obviously, much better than Championship level.
CM. McCallister - Class player with vision.
LM. Dan Fox - Is very accomplished at LB but also brilliant in LM at championship level.
CF. Wilson - Goal machine.
CF. Stern John - Solid forward player.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Gk Westwood
Lb Danny Fox
CB Dann
CB Turner
RB WArnock
Lm Partridge
Cm McAllister
CmBoozy (very underrated )
Rm Thompson
Cf Wilson
Cf Clarke

Subs
Murphy
Ward
Gunna
Tabb
Dele ( though I'd give him a tactical kick it slap to fire him up prior to getting on the pitch)

skyblue1991

Westwood
Warnock
Dann
Turner
Keough
Mcsheffrey (first spell)
Gunnarsson
Wise
Thompson
King
Wilson

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Westwood
McNamee Turner Dann Warnock

Thompson Wise Gunnar Partridge

Wilson McGoldrick

Few side notes McNamee for the pure reason on the odd occasion he was fit he was a class above champ level.

Turner towards the end, to start was a goal a game but his development was sensational.

Gunnarrson's first season was something else and I think he was a teenager still!

dongonzalos

RB. Keogh - So much better at CB but I really struggled for RB's, so in he goes.
CB. Dann
LB. Warnock
CM. McAllister - Struggled for Centre Mid's after years of the Doyle/Hughes axis of doom but McAllister (despite being a poor manager) was still quality on the pitch
CM. Gunnarsson - Almost picked Safri but Gunnar's energy in his first season was great
CF. Wilson

Henderson?

stupot07

----------------Westwood
Mcnamee--dann-turner----warnock
Thomoson-wise-gunnar-sheffers (first spell)
---------------Wilson-McGoldrick

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sterling Archer

I put Warnock at LB but I swear he played a few games CM and was a class above there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trevelfarandwide

CB. Dann
LB. Warnock
CF. Wilson

What a team THAT would be. :)

I'd go along with this, with Marshall, Turner, Wise, Partridge, Moussa (a personal favourite) and Clarke on the bench.

Funny really, looking back retrospectively, we've had some seriously good talent at this club since 2001.

torchomatic

Taught his nephew last year, told his Mum (Partridge's sister) I thought he was awesome at City, she was proper made up and said he loved his time here.

If we're having loans, why not Henderson?

Partridge was brilliant.

Pipehitterz

Am I the only one that didn't rate Thompson?

Stick with me here, bags of talent but tackled like a rapist on crack

Always seemed to be injured or banned

Always lost the ball in dangerous places that often resulted in goals against

Was always ( always ) not in the correct position, would stray on to the left when should have been on the right etc.

I thought he could have been the Best but in fact wasn't. I've often compared Jack Wiltshire to Thompson's career, and i've not been wrong so far.

And anyone that hasn't got Westwood in goal is an idiot. No offence like, but it's the truth

Sky Blue Kid

Am I the only one that didn't rate Thompson?

Stick with me here, bags of talent but tackled like a rapist on crack

Always seemed to be injured or banned

Always lost the ball in dangerous places that often resulted in goals against

Was always ( always ) not in the correct position, would stray on to the left when should have been on the right etc.

I thought he could have been the Best but in fact wasn't. I've often compared Jack Wiltshire to Thompson's career, and i've not been wrong so far.

And anyone that hasn't got Westwood in goal is an idiot. No offence like, but it's the truth

I'm not an idiot and here's why. Close call between Marshall and Westwood but.......

Users who are viewing this thread