CCFC wages v other Championship clubs 20-21 (1 Viewer)

Colin Steins Smile

This has been posted by Keiren MaGuire today [who is usually a reliable source for financial information] and highlights the amazing job MR & his coaching team have done to sustain this club in the Championship.
Championship wages 20-21.jpg

slowpoke

Interesting, and a lot of the clubs below us are up to the eyes in it, must be an old list there’s no Burnley or West Brom both in the cart financially. Or Sheffield United

Grendel

It’s a bit irrelevant as if you are an underperforming club stuck with players on high wages and can’t transact - like Cardiff - it’s hardly an advantage really - millwall to me are a club that’s somehow on poor attendances and a lot of better clubs in the vicinity a big success. Clearly bankrolled but a success

letsallsingtogether

Cant be true we have players on billions who are just here stealing a living!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Cant be true we have players on billions who are just here stealing a living!

Well in all seriousness it highlights that we can't afford to have players sitting around and not contributing when we have such a small margin for error.

We currently have far too many in that category. Recruitment needs to be wiser.

shmmeee

Well in all seriousness it highlights that we can't afford to have players sitting around and not contributing when we have such a small margin for error.

We currently have far too many in that category. Recruitment needs to be wiser.

Really there’s two mistakes we’ve made and it’s giving players over 28 big contracts or extensions. Moore and Waghorn in the first case and Kelly and Wilson in the second. I can accept Walker as he was a sensible signing that just hasn’t worked out.

Fuck knows what’s happened with Moore but the fact he’s continually been a number two at this level and above should have been a sign and Waghorn was clearly past it. Renewing Kelly and Wilson I just can’t get my head around.

Sick Boy

Really there’s two mistakes we’ve made and it’s giving players over 28 big contracts or extensions. Moore and Waghorn in the first case and Kelly and Wilson in the second. I can accept Walker as he was a sensible signing that just hasn’t worked out.

Fuck knows what’s happened with Moore but the fact he’s continually been a number two at this level and above should have been a sign and Waghorn was clearly past it. Renewing Kelly and Wilson I just can’t get my head around.
We’ve also signed players who have never played a league game and others who have played a handful - such as Da Costa and Hilssner.
Then there are also the ludicrous signings of Kastaneer and ‘Bright’.

shmmeee

We’ve also signed players who have never played a league game and others who have played a handful - such as Da Costa and Hilsner. Then there are also the ludicrous signings of Kastaneer and ‘Bright’.

I can’t imagine they’re big earners though. And a bit of a gamble is what you have to do with limited funds. Kastaneer was a L1 signing like Jobello. Enobakhare came off for us before so is understandable to think we could get the best from him. Also Bright is literally his name so not sure why the quotes 😂

I’m far more concerned with old players on big wages who are known quantities than young gambles from abroad TBH.

Reactions: SBT

Sick Boy

I can’t imagine they’re big earners though. And a bit of a gamble is what you have to do with limited funds. Kastaneer was a L1 signing like Jobello. Enobakhare came off for us before so is understandable to think we could get the best from him. Also Bright is literally his name so not sure why the quotes 😂

I’m far more concerned with old players on big wages who are known quantities than young gambles from abroad TBH.
From what the ITKs posted, Hilssner was on a decent whack.

Grendel

between them dacosta and hillsner will earn similar to waghorn. It’s a total waste

Sick Boy

We were also told that Kastaneer was too good for league and we were lucky to have signed him, so don’t imagine he’d have been cheap either.

Danceswithhorses

We’ve also signed players who have never played a league game and others who have played a handful - such as Da Costa and Hilssner.
Then there are also the ludicrous signings of Kastaneer and ‘Bright’.
To be fair though, those poor and 'ludicrous' signings are fortunately more than outweighed by the good signings eg Gyok, O'Hare, Hyam (sold for profit), Fadz, Hamer, Sheaf, Bidwell.
All transfers are gambling in a way, and even the best fuck up eg Alec Ferguson with Djemba-Djemba, Bebe, Veron, Kleberson, Taibi etc

Evo1883

Coventry and Luton

Both clubs doing very well with limited investment In comparison ( and yes , wage budget is investment too )

Sick Boy

To be fair though, those poor and 'ludicrous' signings are fortunately more than outweighed by the good signings eg Gyok, O'Hare, Hyam (sold for profit), Fadz, Hamer, Sheaf, Bidwell.
All transfers are gambling in a way, and even the best fuck up eg Alec Ferguson with Djemba-Djemba, Bebe, Veron, Kleberson, Taibi etc
I was responding to the quote that we’d only wasted budget on two areas. I don’t disagree but we don’t seem to have once again ended up with a lot of deadwood within squad that needs to be shifted, including those like Godden who are on extended deals but only seem to play 50% of games.

Evo1883

One dare I say doing better having used it more wisely
Luton have done marginally better yes .. always been a year ahead though too with their project ..
Not saying the job at coventry hasn't been great either , it has

13 points better off than Coventry over the last 70 matches

Brighton Sky Blue

Luton have done marginally better yes .. always been a year ahead though too with their project ..
Not saying the job at coventry hasn't been great either , it has

13 points better off than Coventry over the last 70 matches
No, but we should be learning from how they've managed a similar amount of money. Come from non league too

Evo1883

No, but we should be learning from how they've managed a similar amount of money. Come from non league too

we're always trying to evolve ourselves within fine margins , there isn't a great deal to learn from Luton as the difference over 70 matches is 4 wins and a draw ..We're not far apart already ..

Maybe alot of clubs could learn from Luton and Coventry 😂

Brighton Sky Blue

we're always trying to evolve ourselves within fine margins , there isn't a great deal to learn from Luton as the difference over 70 matches is 4 wins and a draw ..We're not far apart already ..

Maybe alot of clubs could learn from Luton and Coventry 😂
This is also correct. Imagine what we could do with Stoke's funding eh

Hertsccfc

Yes. Hindsight is a very useful quality.

shmmeee

I was responding to the quote that we’d only wasted budget on two areas. I don’t disagree but we don’t seem to have once again ended up with a lot of deadwood within squad that needs to be shifted, including those like Godden who are on extended deals but only seem to play 50% of games.

I nearly included Godden but let’s be honest his goals have been vital even if he’s not played enough.

We can go on and on about three or four gambles that didn’t pay off but most of them aren’t still here and we look to have learned our lesson.

robbiekeane

It’s a bit irrelevant as if you are an underperforming club stuck with players on high wages and can’t transact - like Cardiff - it’s hardly an advantage really - millwall to me are a club that’s somehow on poor attendances and a lot of better clubs in the vicinity a big success. Clearly bankrolled but a success
Yes wages are irrelevant. But at the same time we need investment to be successful

cool 😂

Hobo

You are like autumn leaves blowing around on the ground. Your facts are more fluid than mercury.

Your arm must ache from holding a finger up to see which way the wind is blowing from thread to thread?

PVA

Yes wages are irrelevant. But at the same time we need investment to be successful

cool 😂

It was just utter rubbish from start to finish.

'Hardly an advantage' to spend money on wages. I mean ffs.

His points about Cardiff and Millwall show he has completely missed the point of that chart and will do everything to avoid giving Robins any credit

Grendel

cool 😂

ascv

cool 😂

Investment isn’t inherited labour

Cardiff as an example will be reducing salaries and signing no one - safe to say Sheff weds have and that’s living proof of the lack of connection to success and failure

Our wages are increasing - now will be £17 - £20 m

this is outdated data from the financing expert who claimed once that Sisu had invested £100m in ccfc did he not?

robbiekeane

ascv

Investment isn’t inherited labour

Cardiff as an example will be reducing salaries and signing no one - safe to say Sheff weds have and that’s living proof of the lack of connection to success and failure

Our wages are increasing - now will be £17 - £20 m

this is outdated data from the financing expert who claimed once that Sisu had invested £100m in ccfc did he not?
I don’t even know what you’re saying it’s waffle. Wage budget is highly correlated to league position. Obviously there are outliers and exceptions to the rules but to try and consistently claim otherwise is nonsensical.

Especially if you then on the next breath moan about owners lack of investment

Sky Blue Pete

Some work and some don’t. Experience can be a fadz or a Kelly and sometimes it’s not clear which

Hertsccfc

You and others make this point about players like Godden, Kelly and Dabo frequently. The point is you cannot predict injuries. There are plenty of players who have been unlucky to have a series of injuries but then recover and rarely miss matches. For us Stewart Robson and Matty James spring to mind. Also until this season we would never have predicted that O'Hare would have two serious injuries.

Colin Steins Smile

I’ve read the thread, but I think some are not taking into account the context of these figures.
Obviously our current wage level will be higher than 2021, but I would expect it will not be at a level in the top half of the Championship.
The impact of this means MR has less choice in the players he can recruit AND it makes it less likely to retain some key players.
Additionally, it means he’s having to consider riskier transfer options

Reactions: PVA

Users who are viewing this thread