CCFC vs Opponents - Stats Analysis (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Ok, so slight variation this time in that it only takes into accounts games that we've participated in.
i.e. During our games we have been shown 3 Red Cards but only 1 Red Card has been shown to the opposition etc.

Anything particularly stand out or surprise you?
One thing I'd take from it, is it shows we aren't often outclassed & can hold our own in this league.

At the minute, my plan is to do some form of squad ranking next but any queries or suggestions for future visualisations welcomed.

CCFC vs Opponent Comparison Pt1.png
CCFC vs Opponent Comparison Pt2.png

SBAndy

May be reading this wrong but does it suggest that generally our finishing as a collective is about average for the division? The proportion of goals scored vs the proportion of xG is where I’m getting this from. Does that suggest that ultimately the issue is that we don’t create enough good quality chances?

Frostie

May be reading this wrong but does it suggest that generally our finishing as a collective is about average for the division? The proportion of goals scored vs the proportion of xG is where I’m getting this from. Does that suggest that ultimately the issue is that we don’t create enough good quality chances?
Fair to say looking at the xG and shots on target that were reduced to pot shots a fair bit and aren’t making good enough chances in the box?

Yep, I'd agree with both those assumptions.
I was quite surprised how high our Shots on Target % is given how poor some individuals are at it but I guess it's the same in other teams so balances out. Probably unlikely in other teams that it's your centre forward who misses the target so frequently I'd think but would need to investigate that.

stupot07

I think this just confirms what we already know from watching. Our chance conversion is ok, but we don't create anywhere near enough clear cut chances to give ourselves the opportunities to put them away.

I dont even think you can say walkers goal was a clearcut opportunity. Even the max miss on Wednesday was from a rebound off a defender.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread