CCFC STATEMENT - and.... who the fook is Peter Ward? Bugger off (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

COVENTRY CITY FC WELCOMES COMMENTS FROM SUPPORTERS CONSULTATIVE GROUP CHAIR

Coventry City FC has welcomed the statement from Peter Ward, Chair of the Sky Blues Supporters Consultative Group that he was ‘encouraged’ by the comments of Sky Blues Chief Executive Tim Fisher and that he believes “that SISU and Tim Fisher are acting in the best interests of the football club with a real desire to keep this football club alive and create a platform on which this club can build.”
Peter Ward said he felt they would put this club on a ‘proper footing to take the club forward and hopefully enjoy some success in the future’.
“The Ricoh Arena is a football stadium for Coventry City Football Club. What we heard last night was that to build a sustainable and viable platform for the future, the first priority is to agree a platform for the club to go forward.
“I think the payment of the arrears has to be a secondary issue. We have got to set a platform for the future,” he said. “Getting the platform is the priority.
“It is abundantly clear that the Ricoh Arena is a football stadium,” said Peter Ward.
Peter Ward added that there may be a need for arbitration and a “collective responsibility to get these people around the table to protect the economic, cultural and social benefits that the Ricoh Arena, ACL and Coventry City FC deliver into the community. That has got to be protected and we can then move forward.”
Tim Fisher commented: “We support Peter Ward’s comments. Building a platform for the future must be the priority. We simply want to pay a rent that is commensurate with our status in League One which would naturally automatically be increased accordingly in the event the club was promoted into the Championship or Premiership. This will allow us to compete on a level playing field and enable us to support our manager to continue to rebuild the team and maintain our current excellent results. “

ggrady

What he's saying isn't wrong tbf. Sisu are our only option and should the rent be reduced they have done a good job. They have gone about it the wrong way though

Tonylinc

I don't know who the hell he is but he has clearly been wheeled out to make ACL and Higgs look like the bad guys. For all I know he may not exist. This is exactly what posters were saying would happen ie. ACL and Higgs would be made to look bad in order to further the end game for Sisu.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Im inclined to disagree with his quote "that SISU and Tim Fisher are acting in the best interests of the football club with a real desire to keep this football club alive and create a platform on which this club can build.”

Ive seen very little since they arrived at the club to support his claims.

As for the final part "are creating a platform on which club can build", well why had it taken then this long to think about building a platform? Surely thats any new owners first priority?

sky blue john

What a dick head how can paying the rent arrears be a secondary issue !!
If the rent is not sorted in terms of negotiations or an agreement made within the next two weeks CCFC could be out of business.

chiefdave

What a dick head how can paying the rent arrears be a secondary issue !!
If the rent is not sorted in terms of negotiations or an agreement made within the next two weeks CCFC could be out of business.

you could say we'll agree to pay X amount from now and and discuss the arrears as a seperate issue, don't see why that would be out of the question. From the interview with Issacs on the Midlands Today Facebook it looks like ACL may be insisting on the arrears being paid in full before any new rent deal kicks in, I would imagine SISU will want any rent deal back dated.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Aren't the words of Peter Ward suspiciously similar to the idiom of Fisher's statement...

Hang on a minute, isn't this a plot nicked from Scooby Doo?? Is Peter Ward's mask going to be removed and he's revealed to be Fisher?

'I'd have got away with it but for pesky oldskyblue'...

BurbageSkyBlues

This is all strategic posturing and rhetoric by Fisher on Sisu's behalf.

Buried in that statement is a sentence that highlights where this is going:

"This will allow us to compete on a level playing field and enable us to support our manager to continue to rebuild the team and maintain our current excellent results. “

They don't want to spend the money on DM, but they know the fans are desperate to see this happen, and we will be mighty pi'd off if the failure to invest a modest amount (counterbalanced by sales/outgoing surplus players) results in the club failing,yet again,to grasp an opportunity to compete and be a success.

What they (Sisu) want, is an excuse to avoid making that investment, and having to pay the rent to ACL is ready made for this!

They will huff and puff, and take it to the brink, but at the end of the day they will pay up.

Lets not forget, there is now a very lucrative fa cup tie at Tottenham, which might even result in a replay..... At the Ricoh, or at the memorial park......?

Tonylinc

This is all strategic posturing and rhetoric by Fisher on Sisu's behalf.

Buried in that statement is a sentence that highlights where this is going:

"This will allow us to compete on a level playing field and enable us to support our manager to continue to rebuild the team and maintain our current excellent results. “

They don't want to spend the money on DM, but they know the fans are desperate to see this happen, and we will be mighty pi'd off if the failure to invest a modest amount (counterbalanced by sales/outgoing surplus players) results in the club failing,yet again,to grasp an opportunity to compete and be a success.

What they (Sisu) want, is an excuse to avoid making that investment, and having to pay the rent to ACL is ready made for this!

They will huff and puff, and take it to the brink, but at the end of the day they will pay up.

Lets not forget, there is now a very lucrative fa cup tie at Tottenham, which might even result in a replay..... At the Ricoh, or at the memorial park......?
We could not play it at the Memorial park as it would have to be cordoned off.;);)

Ricoh2012

Coventry City FC has welcomed the statement from Peter Ward, Chair of the Sky Blues Supporters Consultative Group that he was ‘encouraged’ by the comments of Sky Blues Chief Executive Tim Fisher and that he believes “that SISU and Tim Fisher are acting in the best interests of the football club with a real desire to keep this football club alive and create a platform on which this club can build.”
Peter Ward said he felt they would put this club on a ‘proper footing to take the club forward and hopefully enjoy some success in the future’.
“The Ricoh Arena is a football stadium for Coventry City Football Club. What we heard last night was that to build a sustainable and viable platform for the future, the first priority is to agree a platform for the club to go forward.
“I think the payment of the arrears has to be a secondary issue. We have got to set a platform for the future,” he said. “Getting the platform is the priority.
“It is abundantly clear that the Ricoh Arena is a football stadium,” said Peter Ward.
Peter Ward added that there may be a need for arbitration and a “collective responsibility to get these people around the table to protect the economic, cultural and social benefits that the Ricoh Arena, ACL and Coventry City FC deliver into the community. That has got to be protected and we can then move forward.”
Tim Fisher commented: “We support Peter Ward’s comments. Building a platform for the future must be the priority. We simply want to pay a rent that is commensurate with our status in League One which would naturally automatically be increased accordingly in the event the club was promoted into the Championship or Premiership. This will allow us to compete on a level playing field and enable us to support our manager to continue to rebuild the team and maintain our current excellent results. “

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.....

skyblueinBaku

It seems to me that somehow, Peter Ward is an anagram of Tim Fisher or Joy Seppala; or possibly Igwe Onwey..... Whichever it is, he is spouting the same tripe as they do.

Sky Blues

It seems to me that somehow, Peter Ward is an anagram of Tim Fisher or Joy Seppala; or possibly Igwe Onwey..... Whichever it is, he is spouting the same tripe as they do.

I was having fun making anagrams of Peter Ward. But I'm not going to post them on here because that would be unfair to a bloke who I don't know and had never heard of until I read this thread.

wingy

Wasn't this guy waffling on CWR tonight. Sounded like he was chairman of the board and a bit of a dick.

It was a very tame show tonight was'nt it .

Last week was a two hour show,and at the start Clive emphasised the point that the show could take one of two directions football or off-field.Why did he need to do that ? A phone in should follow its own dynamic much like our threads do on here ,felt he was almost stifling a debate about something that surely is at the to of all our minds by suggesting going there was negative.

torchomatic

How dare Mr Ward have a differing opinion? What a norty boy.

skyblueinBaku

I understand that Mr Ward is chairman of some sort of supporters group. How many supporters did he consult before he made this statement as their chairman?

cloughie

‘encouraged’ by the comments of Sky Blues Chief Executive Tim Fisher and that he believes “that SISU and Tim Fisher are acting in the best interests of the football club

This man is a embarrassment and not a spokes person for fans, Kingharvest I think you are on the consultative group , if not apologies, but this statement removes all credability from the group.

A farce who next chemical ali

Last edited:

GaryPendrysEyes

A laughably crude piece of propaganda, and this bloke is being used like the halfwit he is.
ACL need to speak up and be heard.

kingharvest

Peter is the chair of the SCG, a lifelong, passionate fan like all of us, and always has and will have the best interests of the club at heart. He, like others, gives up an awful lot of his own time to try and support the club in whatever way he can.

I think if you take his statement as a whole, all he's implying is that the current rent is too high and for the club to survive it needs to be lower - pretty much nothing there that most of us would disagree with.

Paying what we owe is a secondary issue if an agreement can be reached on a new rent deal, because with a new deal in place the two parties can agree on how the club make the retrospective payment. However, clearly if no agreement can be reached then paying what we owe is going to be of primary concern to ACL. I don't think Peter is dismissing the fact that what we owe isn't important, but that an agreement for going forward needs to be established in order to reach a resolution. I'm sure any resolution would then trigger a reconciliation of rent owed.

Pete talks about a collective responsibility for all parties to protect the benefits that each of them bring to the city. Surely there is nothing there to disagree with?

Please remember, the SCG is a consultative group. It is there to work with the club no matter who the owners are or how we as individuals feel about those owners. It's about trying to improve all aspects of supporting the club, and we can't achieve that with aggressive tactics like other fan groups have in the past. However that doesn't mean we don't challenge the club when we disagree, or that we dont question their promises or actions.

You also need to consider when people give their opinion on something they aren't necessarily speaking on behalf of others. i don't think peter mentions speaking on behalf of the SCG, that is Tim Fishers quote, so Peter has no need to consult the group.

As a group, we've met Tim on a number of occasions, and whilst I (personal opinion) don't always agree with what he says, that doesn't mean he isn't doing his upmost or trying his best to ensure the club has a future. I actually think Tim DOES have the clubs best interests at heart. That in itself doesn't mean he is always allowed to do things his way or that he doesn't have his own battles with SISU. I've certainly never got the impression that he is SISUs puppet, as he has often been described, but as someone who is trying to do his best by the club, whilst in turn working to achieve SISUs objectives - I imagine this is a difficult balance.

So I'm not sure that Peter deserves the criticism directed at him here. He has an opinion, you may agree with all of it, some of it or none of it. But the sentiment of his statement appears to me to be that a resolution that works for everyone involved is whats needed, and that can't be wrong can it?

(sorry if there are typo's, had to type all this on my phone!)

Last edited:

Moscowskyblue

you could say we'll agree to pay X amount from now and and discuss the arrears as a seperate issue, don't see why that would be out of the question. From the interview with Issacs on the Midlands Today Facebook it looks like ACL may be insisting on the arrears being paid in full before any new rent deal kicks in, I would imagine SISU will want any rent deal back dated.

Acl should absolutely play hard ball with CCFC they are abiding by the contract and any negotiation should be done with the contract being honoured. ACL did not get CCFC relegated and nor would thy be asking for an increase if we had got in to the premiership. It is therefore their ball to play with. Situ should pay up get on their hands and knees and thank for the generous terms acl have offered. It is us who is jeopardizing one going concern with a failed business model

Mary_Mungo_Midge

This individual should only speak in this way if he feels he speaks in behalf of the the majority of fans; and therefore his are the words of consensus.

They clearly aren't and therefore he's done himself and the organisation he purports to represent a disservice.

For Fisher to take this unfashionable view and portray it in the way he has is embarrassing and crude in the extreme. Neither party comes out if this with any credibility whatsoever

Black6Osprey

I'd honestly like to hear what they told him. Maybe most of us would be of the same view if we knew? Or maybe we wouldn't? But if we had the details we could make our own minds up.

But whats the point of this leader of whoever getting told something and then not telling anyone what he was told?

If he is representing supporters then tell us what is being said. Not just force feeding us his own opinion andif he isn't allowed to say what is being said, then again, what is the point?

He is supposed to be a link between the fans and the club. All he is saying is he thinks SISU and Fisher are working in the best interests of the club. What is happening to make him think that? Give us some real info not just a load of BS.

Seems like a bit of a waste of time to me.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I am right in thinking that the SCG is an entity set up by the club am I not ?

Mr Ward has every right to express his opinion I have absolutely no problem with that = same right we all have

Perhaps it might have been a better statement had he waited until after the weekend when he said he was meeting ACL. Try to get a balanced view on it rather than base it all on TF's version of things. Particularly as the SCG seek to promote that they represent the fans ................. do so then find out all you can not just accept one version

I do wonder how much of TF's performance at the SCG emergency meeting on Thursday was actually challenged, by who if so, and the response.

It was clear from his comments on CWR that his statement very much tended to TF's version ..... if it was intended it should be in support of the team then I have no problem with that however. However I do think that in terms of the rent people need to wake up smell the coffee ........... SISU/TF do not want to pay any rent ............... then ask why?

Last edited:

ashbyjan

OSB - sorry but you are incorrect. The SCG was originally set up by the Sky Blue Trust almost a decade ago and initially did some good work but then fell into neglect. It was resurrected recently and the Trust is still on the group but is often regarded with suspicion by the other members of the group as we are not afraid to be openly critical of the clubs actions.

The Trust agreed with the overall decision of the meeting that simply encouraged both sides to meet as soon as possible and sort out the rent firstly and set out a timetable to agree the match day revenue etc.

The comments by Peter Ward about him being ‘encouraged’ by the comments of Sky Blues Chief Executive Tim Fisher and that he believes “that SISU and Tim Fisher are acting in the best interests of the football club...." are his own opinion, which he is obviously entitled to as an individual, but they were certainly not a view that was discussed or agreed upon by the members of the SCG so it can only be regarded as his personal view and not the view of the SCG as a group.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
not the way it is portrayed though is it ashbyjan. Comes over as the SCG opinion

Thanks for the update btw ...... I for one know very little of what goes on at the SCG, i suspect i am not alone ..... i find that strange considering it is supposed to represent the fans in some way. I know the SBtrust and kingsharvest have tried to change this recently by issueing details but it isnt surprising most fans view it with a lack of trust.

I think the overall feel is the two sides need to talk but takes two talk and compromise......

Tank Top

I sugest that Peter ward is merely a figment of Sisu's imagination via their propaganda dept...If not! what an Arsehole you are!

Users who are viewing this thread