CCFC sign midfielder Bryn Morris on loan deal (3 Viewers)

stupot07

Can we all please stop writing off Adam Armstrong as 'just an 18 year old'. The kid is the business.

Akpon was the 'business' and 18 when he came on loan, league one maybe shite bit first team football is a lot different to bossing agains your age group. It makes more sense to have little expectation of him than it does to predict he will score for fun. He probably won't even start the season in the first 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Based on what? Fair enough we've all seen Maddison, Swanson, JOB and Tudgay last season but for all we know Armstrong and Lamieras could score over 20 just between the two of them. Its a weak area we all acknowledge but it will only be for 3 or 4 games and there is still enough there to score a few goals and sneak a couple of wins in that time.

They may well do, but at present both are unproven and neither have scored a senior goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluegod

Although a loan will jump ship after a season regardless, as their parent club decides to either recall them or sell them if they do well... and not even with the compensation of a transfer fee.

that was an example, not the only desirable characteristic

covcity4life

Mowbray's not only worked with him before, but thought enough of him to play him at 16. Sounds like a decent signing from that alone.

1) what does a mowbray know? Not like we were anxiously waiting for him to sign a contract with us

2) we need a striker. 11 strikers. Midfield is a myth

3)this signing is officially our last of the window

Now I hope you understand

SkyBlue_Bear83

They may well do, but at present both are unproven and neither have scored a senior goal.

All players are unproven at one point or another, I still haven't forgot the mocking of Callum Wilson on here heading into the sixfields season. Proven/unproven doesn't mean a lot its talent that matters and they have it.

Samo

All players are unproven at one point or another, I still haven't forgot the mocking of Callum Wilson on here heading into the sixfields season. Proven/unproven doesn't mean a lot its talent that matters and they have it.

Yup. I don't think anyone would have been bothered if he'd been released, and he nearly was.

Astute

How was Wilson before he started the season a couple of years ago?

At least the young players brought in so far have a promising future. Not heard a bad word against any of them. I would prefer them to an older player looking for a last payday. You can sometimes get a good player that puts the effort in like Wise. But most of the time we seem to get a player that is past it, doesn't put the effort or both.

Sterling Archer

I actually find it refreshing that we're not panicking and giving a contract to any old striker or winger that will raise their eyebrows at us.

Let's be honest, the squad was still light even in midfield and this kid comes highly rated as a huge potential, what's the issue?

The transfer window shuts end of August at which point we would've played 6 out of 46 games of our season. Still plenty of time for Mowbray to continue in the MO of which he is carrying his transfer business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

It does however mean it would be unwise to expect rather than hope.

Hoped Wilson would succeed ever since I saw him in the youth team. Then again, I also hoped Cameron and Walker would do it as they looked the business too.

rupert_bear

I was told the other day that young trialist centre forward Portugese lad with the African name was being seriously considered, anyone heard anything ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Let's not pretend it's a black & white, wait for later and you get better. Waiting last season, after all, got us an unfit Jackson, and Nouble...
Yea after Pressley initally blew the budget for strikers on Miller, Tudgay and Mcquoid and then realised they were crap and panicked and thus signed more crap, then signed more strikers in the hope one would be good.

Mowbray is waiting because he has specific targets he wants, Pressley signed players late because he didn't have a clue what he was doing

CCFCKirky

He's obviously not going for forward players... He doesn't know what he's doing does he.

He is going for players who he has worked with before and knows what the player is capable of, I think he will turn out to be a decent signing for us but I do agree we need a couple of strikers, just keep the trust in Tony

stupot07

It's funny really, it's as if I've not heard TM say we need a couple more strikers and a couple of wingers because we lack goals and movement going in behind the defence. He has definitely never mentioned this before.

I am not unhappy by this signing, but I am concerned about the lack forward options.

Last edited:

skybluegod

It does however mean it would be unwise to expect rather than hope.

Hoped Wilson would succeed ever since I saw him in the youth team. Then again, I also hoped Cameron and Walker would do it as they looked the business too.

Will be good to see Cameron against bury this season, I know he had a very good season last season, and I quite liked the lad.

stupot07

Will be good to see Cameron against bury this season, I know he had a very good season last season, and I quite liked the lad.

What ever happened to Curtis Wynter? He looked good in that FA Cup game? Didn't he go to Hoddles academy in Spain for a bit? And Giddings, he was the business before his injuries.

Woz01

I guess Thomas and/or Finch will go out on loan. Going by what Boro fans say about him he is the real deal and was England u19 captain last season. So it seems he will at least improve the squad and probably the starting 11. Sign a striker tomorrow for Saturday and our squad looks ok.

wingy

What ever happened to Curtis Wynter? He looked good in that FA Cup game? Didn't he go to Hoddles academy in Spain for a bit? And Giddings, he was the business before his injuries.

Was It him who was doing quite well at Shrewsbury?
How much do you think we've spent up to this point Stu?
I don't think we're going to be anywhere near this oft quoted £2.5M this season.
Where did this figure Initiate from?

kg82

Christ, Stuart Giddings, I'd forgotten all about him. Thought he looked great when he first came in. think he struggled with injuries a lot didn't he?

SlowerThanPlatt

Grandison is a free agent and apparently going to Millwall. They would be a bit of a defensive pairing - Cameron and Grandison at the back, both absolutely massive

Hobo

Let's not pretend it's a black & white, wait for later and you get better. Waiting last season, after all, got us an unfit Jackson, and Nouble...

In a general sense, it's symptomatic of a poorly run club to depend on loans as the problem is, come six months or a year's time you have to replace them, and not even with the compensation of a transfer fee. One could see it as evidence of the desperation for instant success that the players haven't been scouted and signed beforehand, and instead we scrabble around and hope to get lucky.

We might, we might get the blip, but we're playing the law of averages poorly.

At this level and with League 1 budgets you would be stupid to ignore the loan market. I think some fans are pre judging because in the past we have used it poorly.

TM certainly seems to be taking on people he and his staff have some knowledge about.

Some people on here keep banging on about when the season starts but seem to forget when the transfer window ends and when the season ends. Listening to some you would think the season will be done and dusted by the end of August.

We haven't got the budget to go in and pay over the odds to get our targets in quickly. So we have to pick people off as and when we can; which is why I have been saying judge TM over three transfer windows not one. As he has said once you spend the budget it is spent.

Sometimes before you go forward you need to tred water, this season won't be a rocketing success, but I feel some good building blocks have been put in place already and the the future on the pitch at least still looks promising.

simonregis

I was going to write and complain that it's not a forward BUT I think it's a case of TM planning on bringing 4 or 5 people in and that this deal was completed before the other deals. TM is not stupid. He knows what we need and what we lack. All I can say is I think we will be impressed when the forwards sign (maybe?)

skybluebeduff

I was going to write and complain that it's not a forward BUT I think it's a case of TM planning on bringing 4 or 5 people in and that this deal was completed before the other deals. TM is not stupid. He knows what we need and what we lack. All I can say is I think we will be impressed when the forwards sign (maybe?)

Another 4 or 5? yeah right on... Timmy wants tickets sold first and foremost.

Otis

Well, exactly.

All the people moaning he's not a striker are going to look pretty silly tomorrow if we bring a striker in.

Let's see what happens tomorrow. TM is no fool. Think a few are jumping the gun a bit. I am sure there are strikers in the pipeline for us too.

donald_trumps

This lad actually is top draw. Current U19 captain of England. When we do get our wingers and strikers, I think we might be in for a really good season. Spoke to my friend from the North East and he said that Bryn is one of their top prospects, couple that with the signing from the toon and there is a hell of a lot of potential. If they realise this potential this year we could be in for a belter! In TM we trust.

honestken

i don't know why ppl are surprised at the lack of signings so far, don't forget we have to start paying these players as soon as we sign them and the season has not yet started so only had the season ticket income in so far plus a few shirt sales and weve had to decorate the training ground out of that aswell as sign and pay the players we already have.

had to cancel the pre season tour to pay a few quid out for vincelot too didn't we.

nicksig

Good signing. We do need to strength our midfield as for me the likes of Fleck and Thomas aren't cutting it

Hobo

Where has all the pre friendly optimism gone around Madderson and George Thomas?

We still have Tudgay and we have added Lameiras and Armstrong who haven't had time to bed in yet.

TM hasn't finished recruiting yet. People have swallowed the knee jerk reaction over Waggots comments and decided we have no budget left.

Today we have gained a very promising mid field player on a season long loan who can also offer us cover at centre half. The people who have been moaning about the lack of depth in the squad are moaning because he is not a forward or a winger. What a bunch of drama queens we have as fans.

Winny the Bish

Stuart Giddings tore his knee ligaments like three times. Once with us, then twice after he was released. Curtis Wynter is a P.E teacher now, or something similar.

Grandison and Cameron have been excellent since being released, Grandison was Shrewsbury's best player and Cameron was nominated for League 2 player of the season last year. Shame we didn't keep them on.

shmmeee

It's important we get a striker in for the long haul. But for a game or three Armstrong and Tudgay are good enough for this division. And we've got two kids champing at the bit. If we were on about playing 18 year olds all season I could see the concern.

Striker was always going to take time to bring in. People are still chasing targets, squads aren't decided. Players are still seeing what the season will bring.

I'll worry if we have no one in by Sept 1st but until then I'm willing to give TM the benefit of the doubt.

This sounds like a good signing in a two areas we need competition. There aren't any signings I'm particularly concerned about at the moment. I think TM has earned at bit of trust.

stupot07

Was It him who was doing quite well at Shrewsbury?
How much do you think we've spent up to this point Stu?
I don't think we're going to be anywhere near this oft quoted £2.5M this season.
Where did this figure Initiate from?

No that was Grandison.

I'd be surprised if we had any more than £300-£350k left (£6-7k pw). We have to remember that the wage bill will be total remuneration not just what the player physically gets paid. Obviously one or two going out on loan may free up another £1-2k pw for wages.

NorthernWisdom

I'll worry if we have no one in by Sept 1st but until then I'm willing to give TM the benefit of the doubt.

Benefit of the doubt is fine, but that doesn't mean I'm roaringly happy with how we've gone so far (and yes, it is about what I expected)

I think TM has earned at bit of trust.

As of yet, personally, I don't think he's earned anything one way or another. We shall see...

Users who are viewing this thread