CCFC Shop in Town Closes (1 Viewer)

TheHellion

It wasn't in a particularly good location, when you compare it to where the last one was at least it was kind of tucked out the way. I never saw many people in there, so it doesn't really come as a surprise. But that said, I do think a city centre shop is something the club should have. Somewhere that it'd be seen by people. Not everybody wants to go out of their way to get to the club shop at the Arena.

Astute

Most of us that live away from Cov have no need to go to the City Centre. Tthe only time I do is after a game to have a drink and to go to where I am staying for the night. Shop closed by then.

wingy

They're on about opening a concession within another store in town ,where would be best though?Makes sense if they can reduce exposure on rent and rates,would have to be somewhere that would'nt feel devalued by our, "Through the Square Window of Positivity Major Brand Status",Poundland,Primark ??:facepalm:

Last edited:

ashbyjan

I like the idea someone suggested that all the Cov sports teams: football, rugby, ice hockey, speedway etc get together and share a shop where you can buy merchandise but more importantly tickets. Maybe even some cross promotions on tickets - after all many football fans will also go to speedway or ice hockey etc.

WillieStanley

As soon as they turned it into a clearance store it was game over.

Remember when they used to run it inside JJB?

trick2

I like the idea someone suggested that all the Cov sports teams: football, rugby, ice hockey, speedway etc get together and share a shop where you can buy merchandise but more importantly tickets. Maybe even some cross promotions on tickets - after all many football fans will also go to speedway or ice hockey etc.

this sounds a good idea to me.

RichieGunns

That's an immense idea! Someone should mention it to them ;) *hint hint nudge nudge*

North York’s Blue

Wycombe Wanderers share a shop with Wasps in Wycombe town centre; it's been there a few years so obviously works. However with the increased use of the internet to able to purchase tickets, goods, etc, do we actually need one in the city centre??

aodea

Yeah last time i was over i was in there and had very little so held out till i went to the grround for the match to get my stuff although order most online anyway. Will there be new training kit this year does anyone know like tracksuits etc.

ccfcway

It was pointless. They only sold old stuff that was discounted (ie stuff no one wanted in the first place :) )

Did Thorn ever go in there, he spent all summer dealing in discounted tat that no-one else wanted

hill83

Went in there the other week to get a ticket for my mate, it was pretty much empty. The main display was last seasons away kit and yet more dvds of the 1987 F.A Cup win.
Surely people aren't still buying this?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
......................more dvds of the 1987 F.A Cup win. Surely people aren't still buying this?

There is a whole generation (maybe even two generations now) that have never seen that wonderful day. Yes, I believe that will be sold as long as there are City fans! (Or until our next FA Cup win!)

Users who are viewing this thread