CCFC puts players and staff on Furlough (1 Viewer)

Frostie

My point is 2500 per month set against a players average salary of 8000 per month leaves the club making up a lot of gap?
If the club makes up the other 5,500 then plaudits to them. But I question if this is so?

Tynan Scope has confirmed it is:

mark82

What is "furlough"? Another bloody Yank word we seem to have adopted all of a sudden. Come on, let's face it. Who actually used the word before all this shit happened? When I was working it was either "paid leave" or "unpaid leave". Can we fuck off with the yank terms!?

Very much an English word, not American.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Very much an English word, not American.
Okay Mr Pedantic. But you obviously just skipped through my post without understanding it. I was pointing out that it is a word very rarely used in the UK, but now the Yanks are using it a lot recently, it seems the sheeple of the UK has to follow suit!

Paxman II

What I question is the rules of the scheme which allows you to claim the government scheme up to 2500/month while voluntarily adding a further 20% to complete the 'normal' full wage, which would cover mostordinary people.
But the question is are you allowed to claim the government schme of 2500/month if you are simply able to add a huge amount to it to cover players typically muchhigher salary that goes way beyond the 20%?
This would seem contrary to what the scheme is designed for and foul play by a football club.
I appreciate the tweet but question the validity of it.

Grendel

What I question is the rules of the scheme which allows you to claim the government scheme up to 2500/month while voluntarily adding a further 20% to complete the 'normal' full wage, which would cover mostordinary people.
But the question is are you allowed to claim the government schme of 2500/month if you are simply able to add a huge amount to it to cover players typically muchhigher salary that goes way beyond the 20%?
This would seem contrary to what the scheme is designed for and foul play by a football club.
I appreciate the tweet but question the validity of it.

Yes you are it’s not a 20% top up you can pay a full salary of much higher

mark82

Okay Mr Pedantic. But you obviously just skipped through my post without understanding it. I was pointing out that it is a word very rarely used in the UK, but now the Yanks are using it a lot recently, it seems the sheeple of the UK has to follow suit!

Agree it's not used much here but it's origination in this country was around the 16th century. If we want to be pedantic it's actually derived from a Dutch word, verlof, so would have originally been pronounced in a similar way.

Anyway, the reason it's being used in this instance is to differentiate from traditional layoff where you can only claim a maximum of £145 in a 3 month period (and apply for redundancy after 4 weeks).

skyblueeyesrevisited

Agree it's not used much here but it's origination in this country was around the 16th century. If we want to be pedantic it's actually derived from a Dutch word, verlof, so would have originally been pronounced in a similar way.

Anyway, the reason it's being used in this instance is to differentiate from traditional layoff where you can only claim a maximum of £145 in a 3 month period (and apply for redundancy after 4 weeks).
Thank you Susie Dent

Adge

Just a thought on this-with the already limited income streams from this season due to playing at St Andrews and the now Furloughed staff, the real possibility will be completing the season behind closed doors.
If this is the case, isn’t that going to hit the club where it hurts most as the players and whichever staff are required to complete the fixtures have then returned to work, which in turn means no Furlough and no income stream through the gates etc?

Grendel

Just a thought on this-with the already limited income streams from this season due to playing at St Andrews and the now Furloughed staff, the real possibility will be completing the season behind closed doors.
If this is the case, isn’t that going to hit the club where it hurts most as the players and whichever staff are required to complete the fixtures have then returned to work, which in turn means no Furlough and no income stream through the gates etc?

I don’t really see what being at St Andrews has to do with it and every club will be impacted the same

Sky Blue Pete

I don’t really see what being at St Andrews has to do with it and every club will be impacted the same
Well we haven’t got any stadium costs Grendel although Birmingham fans were saying to me the maintenance wasn’t taking place as it should be with their new owners. You’d think we may get some reduction for the season if we don’t play all the games too. But it will only reduce the money that Sisu need to put in to cover losses

Last edited:

skybluesam66

promotion will offset the loss in income, but will reduce our ability to improve the squad next season
Most teams however will have a loss of income with no offset
If we are not allowed promotion, then it could become a very big problem

Nick

Administrator
Well we haven’t got any stadium costs Grendel although Birmingham fans were saying to me the maintenance wasn’t taking place as it should be with their new owners. You’d think we may get some reduction for the season if we don’t play all the games too. But it will only reduce the money that Sisu need to put in to cover losses

Christ, the pitch was being maintained straight after full time.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If we end up playing behind closed doors, forget the stadium, and play at Ryton!

We may well do but I assume the rules regarding stadium capacity/facilities etc would still need to be met, so we'd still have to have a deal agreed with someone that we could play in.

Depends on if the stadium deal is based on a monthly fee or fixture based. Dunno if we'd have insurance to cover it.

Users who are viewing this thread