CCFC Podcasts (1 Viewer)

weecohawena

Are they any good? Nii Lampteys or Sky Blue Extra the way to go?

robbiekeane

Nii Lampteys
Nii Lampty podcast is fantastic in my opinion. Listen to them as soon as they come out. Smart group of lads who do a great job at articulating what I imagine a lot of fans feel about games, players, performances in quite an objective way - as well as recognising and poking fun at some of their (and our...) own blatant bias that comes as part of being a fan in a refreshingly honest way.

I just wish they'd do more haha

block16

Both great. Sky blue extra with Michael Doyle is probably the best CCFC podcast I've heard. Nii lamptey tom bayliss interview also good.
Hard to compare as sky blues extra is new so haven't done too many match reviews. Nii lamptey do excellent match reviews/previews

pusbccfc

Both very good. Nii Lamptey a little less serious but have been around for years. Extra one is very new but quite a formal style. They've had some immense guests recently. Doyle one being the best one yet.

Nick

Administrator
Anyone know why they dislike eachother?

I heard it started at Millwall away when there was a ruck with their podcast fellas.

Knowl got slashed and the guy who runs Sky Blue Extra ran off and left him.

Since then, the beef has been strong.

(I made this up)

mark82

I just listened to one, SBE I think, and one of the lads Sky Blue XI had Richie Partridge in it.

He was pretty good for us, player of the season in his year here. We were about the peak of his career, always thought he'd go on to big things. Crazy how someone with so much talent can see their career peter out in that way.

singers_pore

I prefer SBE even though I’ve only just started with them. I’ve listened to the Nii Lamptey show for years - they’re ok but probably more for the younger woke crowd.

I'm a huge fan of the Nii Lamptey, always listen to them as soon as they come out.

SBE have had some great guests recently, (Doyle, McSheffrey etc) and I'm always left wondering how epic it would be if the Nii guys got to interview them as they just seem a little more engaging and seem to ask the right questions and get the information that City fans want to hear. SBE for me tend to sit and listen and not offer a lot - except it seems - the best guests!

Lucky for them, life is boring right now so I gladly listen to both!

superskyblue

I like Nii Lamptey overall and it's been great this season. But when we've been poor on the pitch I've found Knowl's negativity a little too depressing. Now it's quite funny. His dislike for Godden this season is a classic example of how he nails his colours to the mast.

Skybluefaz

I like Nii Lamptey overall and it's been great this season. But when we've been poor on the pitch I've found Knowl's negativity a little too depressing. Now it's quite funny. His dislike for Godden this season is a classic example of how he nails his colours to the mast.
Yeah knowl puts me off tbh

jackdg

The difference between the two is Nii Lamptey is the sort of chat you’d have with mates on the way to a match.

SBE doesn’t have that conversational flow and I come away from their interviews wishing they threw away the scripted questions and listened/reacted to the guests answers and stories... easy for me to be a critic, I know

shmmeee

Never listened to either. Can’t stand Knowl, not particularly interested in interviews with old players either.

Winny the Bish

Lamptey is much better for me. Shame they've taken a break this season but hopefully they'll be back soon.

Tried listening to SBE but got so frustrated with their scripted lines of questioning during the player interviews that I gave up after two.

chiefdave

The difference between the two is Nii Lamptey is the sort of chat you’d have with mates on the way to a match.

SBE doesn’t have that conversational flow and I come away from their interviews wishing they threw away the scripted questions and listened/reacted to the guests answers and stories... easy for me to be a critic, I know
Pretty much the same for me. Listened to Lamptey pretty much since its started and its just that, a conversation between mates.

Can't really get into SBE, not that its bad, just not my thing. Good to see multiple options though and that they aren't all just copies of each other.

pusbccfc

SBE were poor at the start, agree with scripting back then but have been far more conversational since. The Max and Mifsud ones were cracking. I do miss Nii. Seems they've been falling out with people on twitter.

oakey

I like SBE now I've got over my irritation with the host's 'Yeah definitely' and Dean's 'If I'm honest'. Although they were very slow to realise we aren't playing well and have looked toothless for the whole of 2021.

Tommo1993

I like SBE now I've got over my irritation with the host's 'Yeah definitely' and Dean's 'If I'm honest'. Although they were very slow to realise we aren't playing well and have looked toothless for the whole of 2021.

Only real gripe with SBE is they sort of say ‘sort of’ between every other sort of word.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Only real gripe with SBE is they sort of say ‘sort of’ between every other sort of word.
I think in general they do a good job although, and I am at risk of getting this very wrong as I'm not good with the names, Wardy and Dave possibly are the two who's opinions I would want to listen to. Dean (again could be wrong) seems to trot the same line as a lot of the Facebook forum and will make out Max is Messi, and there's another section which is a bit awkward where they just trot out the stats religiously. Never really sure why. I'd imagine 90% of the people who listen have watched the game and probably know roughly how many shots / possession we have had. I guess it's not what they're there for but I would quite like them to have their own independent thoughts, it can feel very "safe" and like they are deliberately not saying anything to contrary to not offend any of the audience. I think the Nii lot do that a lot better. Whether you agree with it or not they will tend to have opinions, be able to back up why they think it and as many have said prior to me, the flow is much better. As Shmeeee said, I don't care all too much for the ex-player pods as I feel they have been done to death and you rarely get any actual insight out of them

SkyBlueCoco88

If you like the Doyle interview, check out What’s The Craic’s special with him. Not just a Coventry podcast but episodes with both fans and ex players

Hertsccfc

I like the Nii Lamptey show. Although I don't agree with their views on some players, especially Knowle, they do come across as great guys. Pity they seem to have stopped as I always enjoyed the pods.

Not listened to the other one so can't comment on it.

Users who are viewing this thread