CCFC Ltd (in admin) Directors Liability (1 Viewer)

CJparker

I hope so - personal prosecutions are probably the way forward now.

torchomatic

Godiva

ACL have alluded to the fact that assets have been moved from CCFC Ltd to another company prior to putting CCFC Ltd into administration without advising anyone.

Does this put the remaining directors of CCFC Ltd under liability for sharp practice (mind that would be a first for SISU);

http://www.icaew.com/en/library/sub...an-be-personally-liable-on-company-insolvency

Good question.
When did they create ARVO?
Some have said repeatedly since last summer that the rent strike is not about rent amount, but about gaining control of the stadium. (I didn't really believe it then, but could see it as a remote possibility).
If it has been sisu's plan all along, I would expect them to have moved assets around in a way that could not be challenged.
But I may be wrong.

theferret

ACL have alluded to the fact that assets have been moved from CCFC Ltd to another company prior to putting CCFC Ltd into administration without advising anyone.

Does this put the remaining directors of CCFC Ltd under liability for sharp practice (mind that would be a first for SISU);

http://www.icaew.com/en/library/sub...an-be-personally-liable-on-company-insolvency

About as sharp as a butter knife. There is a whiff of that I admit, but it is nothing they cannot bat away. I have been on the end of some razor sharp business practices - this is nothing in comparison.

wingy

Good question.
When did they create ARVO?
Some have said repeatedly since last summer that the rent strike is not about rent amount, but about gaining control of the stadium. (I didn't really believe it then, but could see it as a remote possibility).
If it has been sisu's plan all along, I would expect them to have moved assets around in a way that could not be challenged.
But I may be wrong.
does that mean at that point we had a change of Ownership?

singers_pore

If a court concludes that assets were taken out of the company prior to filing for bankruptcy with the intent of avoiding obligations to existing creditors (i.e., ACL), then the court can make the rest of the group liable for the debts. There are legal case precedents for this kind of situation.

So I am not sure that SISU have been very clever after all.

Users who are viewing this thread