CCFC. King of domestic competitions (1 Viewer)

Joy Division

Premier League
Division 1
Championship
Division 2
Division 3
Division 4
Division 3 North
Division 3 South

FA Cup
League Cup
Zenith Data cup
Charity Shield

And now to add tonight the Johnsons Paint Trophy

The only thing we are missing is the football league play-offs, but with the exception of that I think after tonight we will have compteted in all possible domestic competitions in the English football league.

rob9872

The Anglo-Scottish cup was a legaue recognised event too ... although it never completed

Grendel

What was the Texaco Cup. Was that the original Anglo Scottish cup before the silly St Mirren thing?

Nick

Administrator
I always remember the Anglo Italian, used to watch it on a Sunday afternoon.

God, that was a while back.

skybluelee

We've played in every division and every level. Whatever the League 2 equivalent was.

Only mentioned it because you specifically mentioned 'championship' even though that's the equivalent of Division 2 (old old days) or Division 1 (not quite so old days). ;)

rob9872

What was the Texaco Cup. Was that the original Anglo Scottish cup before the silly St Mirren thing?

Texaco was the Uefa Cup

rob9872

What about the Watney cup? I don't think we ever qualified for that one

rob9872

My apologies regarding the texaco Cup that wasn't the Uefa Cup - I was thinking that's what it was when we entered but it was the Fairs Cup then. Couldn't remember what teh Texaco Cup was but just Googled it and it was for all the teams who failed to qualify for Europe from UK & Ireland and then became the Anglo-Scottish

rob9872

Wasn't there something called the Milk Cup?

Just a sponsor - been the Rumbelows, Carlsberg, Carling and many others I think.

Skyblueweeman

Milk Cup is also a competition thats played back home in N.Ireland every year and some of the top teams from all over the globe send their U19's, U16's and U18's over for some good competition experience.

I remember watching it in the late 80's and seeing youngsters such as Ryan Giggs, Nick Barmby, Steve Watson etc.

Good competition. If you're ever in N.Ireland in the summer, I recommend it. Stars of the future playing. Dont recall Cov ever sending a team over though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_Cup

WM

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Do we play in the Cov Telegraph Cup? :D

Might just as well! Would still get beaten!

torchomatic

Did you go to that at HR too? I wonder why the second leg was never played?

The Anglo-Scottish cup was a legaue recognised event too ... although it never completed

torchomatic

Don't forget the Full Member's Cup, Simod Cup, Zenith Data Systems Trophy.

Users who are viewing this thread