CCFC: Keogh to join contract talks (1 Viewer)

DazzleTommyDazzle

Yes, they did. But the outcome reflects badly on King, not the Club.

There were a number of different accounts of what happened and whose "fault" it was.

Who to believe/trust: SISU or King??

What was the saying? - between the devil and the deep blue sea.....

torchomatic

Hopefully, Keogh will stay for at least another year to help us get out of L1. We need players like Keogh.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Waggott is saying that the club has refused a £500,000 bid from Bristol City and called the bid derisory.He confirms they have opened talks with him on extending his contract.
I await the next bid from bristol and waggott saying the offer of £500,001 was too good an offer to refuse

The Rev

It is odd that SISU have this reputation for being tough negotiators and appear to be "playing hard ball" over the stadium and yet (as far as we can work out from what we hear about "undisclosed" transfers) appear to have great difficulty in getting best value in the transfer market.

Maybe things will improve with Waggot there.

Astute

im hoping they are offering to buy him out of his 1 year left. never has a player been so over rated at ccfc. he has had some terrible games as well as average to good performances, think fans have got their blinkers on. the way out of that league is to buy the best from that league and mix them with 3 or experienced ex championship players. this guys is so brilliant he should be playing for Man Utd , not the ccfc in div 3.

remember he is a big part of the team that lead us to the 3rd div.

:facepalm:

So he is a big reason we went down? I now know you are taking the p!ss all the time. How many games were there that nearly every time the ball came over in our area he was the one to clear it? How many times did he keep the players going when things looked bad? How much did he help the younger players that were brought into the 1st team before they were ready? I can't make as many games as I would like as I work shifts, and this includes weekends. I am 4 1/2 hours away from Cov on a good run. I listen to games when not at work and on night shift. I listen to the other teams commentary a lot of the time. Guess who usually got the most praise? Nearly every time a ball got cut out it would be Keogh. Remember, this is not from a Cov fans commentary or someone with a bias for Cov. He never had a bad game when I could get to go to it either. This is also a player that goes in where it hurts. He still plays every game. If I remember right he played every game until his red card. How did we do without him? If we would have had a team of players like him that managed to play every game and put in 100% all the time we would have got away with having a squad too small.

I noticed nobody takes you serious anymore. Not one person replied to your stupid post until I just have.

wingy

Its all well and good being optomistic,however experience tells us the track record ,they need to raise getting on for a couple of million to get us through the season or reduce the wage bill to a trickle so as to live off income generated without player sales,it all leads to major assets off the wage bill,or as with Cranie who was gone last week ,now to be offered a contract its some PR to affect ST sales or Impress Cllr Mutton after his article RE;Team investment critical to deal .

Last edited:

rob9872

Don't bite Astute, yo're better than that. TIMS has been doing this for a while now to be controversial. Originally I think it was a wind up, then relatively amusing to see people bite, now he's just a boring troll. Please ignore his future posts and hopefully he'll get bored/give up.

rob9872

Lol just read your post and you didn't bite, my mistake. I see you do have him nailed too :) Parity restored!

Astute

Cheers mate. I only bite when p!ssed. In a beer garden ATM and very hot here so this could change :D

Astute

Already had several. Going to be a long day as when the schools finish we are having dinner here.

Sub

well thats done it for me after work drive home then walk to the pub already told the missus where i will be and what time to pick me up !!!!:D:D

Otis

Yep, I'll tell her not to be too late leaving mine in order to get to the pub for you.

ccfcway

We need 11 players like Keogh.

We need 11 players full stop !!

CCFC the only club where it is news to OFFER someone a contract.

none of them will sign, if this even sells one more season ticket, it was worth it for SISU.

Astute

Yep, I'll tell her not to be too late leaving mine in order to get to the pub for you.

On an island near the lake district. About 20 mins from Windermere. We are surrounded by the sea though :D

Grendel

:

I noticed nobody takes you serious anymore.

Did anyone ever take tims seriously. I read the nonsense post and just laughed.

Grendel

ccfcrob

:facepalm:

So he is a big reason we went down? I now know you are taking the p!ss all the time. How many games were there that nearly every time the ball came over in our area he was the one to clear it? How many times did he keep the players going when things looked bad? How much did he help the younger players that were brought into the 1st team before they were ready? I can't make as many games as I would like as I work shifts, and this includes weekends. I am 4 1/2 hours away from Cov on a good run. I listen to games when not at work and on night shift. I listen to the other teams commentary a lot of the time. Guess who usually got the most praise? Nearly every time a ball got cut out it would be Keogh. Remember, this is not from a Cov fans commentary or someone with a bias for Cov. He never had a bad game when I could get to go to it either. This is also a player that goes in where it hurts. He still plays every game. If I remember right he played every game until his red card. How did we do without him? If we would have had a team of players like him that managed to play every game and put in 100% all the time we would have got away with having a squad too small.

I noticed nobody takes you serious anymore. Not one person replied to your stupid post until I just have.

Don't worry I was going to commen but didn't want to I've it the time of day... Absolutely ridiculous post and I've seen some bad ones on hear I bet he sits on the halfway line not making any noise just moaning

dongonzalos

im hoping they are offering to buy him out of his 1 year left. never has a player been so over rated at ccfc. he has had some terrible games as well as average to good performances, think fans have got their blinkers on. the way out of that league is to buy the best from that league and mix them with 3 or experienced ex championship players. this guys is so brilliant he should be playing for Man Utd , not the ccfc in div 3.

remember he is a big part of the team that lead us to the 3rd div.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

However there are times in everyone's life where they should probably think to themselves, why is it absolutely everybody has a different opinion to me.

Is that because I am a genius and incredibly insightful, so much so that no one else has yet caught up with my insight? This was Einstein's problem apparently.

Alternatively is it that my opinion, even though I have a right to have it is completely outlandishly wrong.

Time to ask yourself the big question TIMS

Astute

8 months rent for our best player?

If we could sell the rest of our squad for another 400k we would have enough to pay the rent for a whole year

Grendel

Surely even SISU aren't daft enough to accept that? He's worth £1m at least!

Be a shame to see him and Turner in the other CCFC's back four and probably doing well (if this season is anything to go by for them).

If he doesn't sign a new contract we will have to sell such is the way Bosman deals favour the player. We paid less than £100,000 for him

Nonleagueherewecome

8 months rent for our best player?

If we could sell the rest of our squad for another 400k we would have enough to pay the rent for a whole year

Yeah, we won't have to sell anyone else until relegation to L2 is confirmed!!!

Users who are viewing this thread