CCFC: Keogh to join contract talks (1 Viewer)

Otis

If he signs a new contract you can only guess that it's with a view to sell him in January unfortunately.

The CableGuy

City: Hi Rich, we'll like to offer you everything we offered last season, plus this (pushes a Mars bar across the table towards Keogh)

Keogh: Erm.....thanks, I've just got to make a few phone calls.

pusbccfc

It would be good to keep him even till January!

Sub

just trying to get more people to buy season tickets dont belive a word they say SISU are just lying their asses off to get people to buy season tickets!!

remember when marlon had signed ??? absolute bullshit :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

mattylad

Ha ha I love it...you can just guess the next headline "We could not agree terms so Platt and Cranie have left the club, Keogh will be sold so his contract does not run out" :pimp:

Astute

We can't even afford to buy the paper to put any contracts onto

Paxman II

So to a man everyone takes the negative view. You guys amaze me. What are you going to say if he signs it and he is here past January?
I said before most of our squad are not the sort that will get lots of chasing clubs after them, as they were relegated and finance at most clubs is so tight now. If there is money around you can expect they will be looking elsewhere.
I hope he stays and keeps the form he showed this season.

Astute

Most of us hope he stays.

The problem is SISU will sell anyone that they can get.money for, even if it is a player we need. This was proved when Juke left. Also they will want to get rid of all the higher earners at our club.

If an offer comes in for him he will be gone. Who in their right mind would want to stay if they could play at a higher level, get paid more and also get away from SISU?

Sub

So to a man everyone takes the negative view. You guys amaze me. What are you going to say if he signs it and he is here past January?
I said before most of our squad are not the sort that will get lots of chasing clubs after them, as they were relegated and finance at most clubs is so tight now. If there is money around you can expect they will be looking elsewhere.

what do you expect everybody to think going on SISU's past record? after all they have all been honest and told the truth and been forth coming with information and never lied before have they ??:facepalm::facepalm:

Grendel

what do you expect everybody to think going on SISU's past record? after all they have all been honest and told the truth and been forth coming with information and never lied before have they ??:facepalm::facepalm:

Fair enough but yesterday a whole thread was dedicated to slagging then off for not offering a contract. Now there is one for offering a contract. It's a bit silly.

torchomatic

I couldn't agree more, Pax.

Otis

Everytime I see one of your posts Pax, I am immediately drawn to this song ....

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

[video=youtube;DtMV44yoXZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtMV44yoXZ0[/video]

'Whatever it is I'm against it.'

Lately I pretty much just about disagree with everything you say. :wave:

torchomatic

Is it because he's not constantly moaning about something? I'm the other way round I pretty much agree with a lot of what he says.

I suppose it's got to the point where it's difficult to read a lot of threads as you know what the direction will be regardless of the subject.

Yeah, we're in a shit position but there's plenty of fans from other clubs slagging off Coventry City and taking the piss without our own fans joining in.

Lately I pretty much just about disagree with everything you say. :wave:

Sub

Fair enough but yesterday a whole thread was dedicated to slagging then off for not offering a contract. Now there is one for offering a contract. It's a bit silly.

everybody is forsale at the right price i have no problem with that aslong as any money is invested back into the team, but that will never happen, and we know the money at the club is tight so the contract offered will possibly be crap, but the problem is SISU have constantly lied and lied again so why should we belive them now ?? this is the issue i have with anything they say now i just think its constant bullshit and untill he and any other player has signed a contract and starts the first game of the season i will not belive a word they say

Last edited:

Grendel

everybody is forsale at the right price i have no problem with that aslong as any money is invested back into the team, but that will never happen, and we know the money at the club is tight so the contract offered will possibly be crap, but the problem is SISU have constantly lied and lied again so why should we belive them now ?? this is the issue i have with anything they say now i just think its constant bullshit and untill he and any other player has signed a contract and starts the first game of the season i will not belive a word they say

As I think even the most ardent takeover theorist will now have to acknowledge this was a big Chinese whisper its decision time. Either back the club, hope things are improving or just give up and watch continual decline.

Sub

always live in hope for the team to do well and back them, but i do not back our owners in any shape or form

smileycov

Facebook User
Why wouldn't he sign? He likes the club, is enjoying playing. Signing a contract will n ot affect him if an offer comes in anyhow. He has a year left so he can not just walk away. Maybe he thinks if i sign and leave, the club will benefit from more money who knows! when ever a story comes out about cov these days we have 4/5 pages of abuse and negativity....P ing me right off

thorninmyside

im hoping they are offering to buy him out of his 1 year left. never has a player been so over rated at ccfc. he has had some terrible games as well as average to good performances, think fans have got their blinkers on. the way out of that league is to buy the best from that league and mix them with 3 or experienced ex championship players. this guys is so brilliant he should be playing for Man Utd , not the ccfc in div 3.

remember he is a big part of the team that lead us to the 3rd div.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

FACT: We are in a transfer embargo, We can only agree a 'Gentleman's agreement' for any contracts, as no contract can be officially registered with the football league until the embargo is lifted.

Didn't they have a Gentleman's agreement with King?

smileycov

Facebook User
You sure? we are not signing him are we, just extending his contract! can't see how that is affected myself.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

You sure? we are not signing him are we, just extending his contract! can't see how that is affected myself.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-4-clubs_2293633_2125725
Transfer Embargo means, according to Football League Regulation 16.7.2 - (the football league shall) subject the club to a registration embargo such that it shall not be permitted to register any player with that club without the prior written consent of the Excecutive until such time as the breach identified has been rectified in its entirety to the board's satifaction.

Keogh has 12 months in which to agree a contract, so time is on the side of City for the moment. He could agree now and sign on the dotted line when the embargo is finally lifted.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

The club will have to inform 'or register' the football league of his contract extension. Yes he his already registered, so that is why the club has 12 months to sort his extension out. Thats why at the moment it will be a gentlemans agreement not a contract agreed by the football league.

(Oxford Concise Dictionary) register - set down (a name, fact, etc) formally; record in writting: correspond or cause to correspond exactly in position.

smileycov

Facebook User
http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-4-clubs_2293633_2125725

Keogh has 12 months in which to agree a contract, so time is on the side of City for the moment. He could agree now and sign on the dotted line when the embargo is finally lifted.

But we are not registering him with the football league are we! We are extending an already registered player. Thats how i see it, even with your Quote.

I do think he will sign though, he has no reason not too. He surely wouldnt stay with a year and play it out just to leave as a free, cant see him doing that.

torchomatic

Yes, they did. But the outcome reflects badly on King, not the Club.

FACT: We are in a transfer embargo, We can only agree a 'Gentleman's agreement' for any contracts, as no contract can be officially registered with the football league until the embargo is lifted.

Didn't they have a Gentleman's agreement with King?

torchomatic

Agree. There's no common sense. There's a story that BCFC are after him; everyone moans, bloody SISU, etc etc. There's a story we're looking to extend his contract; everyone moans, he won't stop, he'll be gone by January, etc etc.

Why wouldn't he sign? He likes the club, is enjoying playing. Signing a contract will n ot affect him if an offer comes in anyhow. He has a year left so he can not just walk away. Maybe he thinks if i sign and leave, the club will benefit from more money who knows! when ever a story comes out about cov these days we have 4/5 pages of abuse and negativity....P ing me right off

The Reverend Skyblue

Waggott is saying that the club has refused a £500,000 bid from Bristol City and called the bid derisory.He confirms they have opened talks with him on extending his contract.
I await the next bid from bristol and waggott saying the offer of £500,001 was too good an offer to refuse

The Rev

Users who are viewing this thread